NEurope

I was a bit suspicious of future Simon, he seemed to have his own agenda, he got Curtis and the new girl together so that he could have Alesha, or so it looked. But when he sacrificed himself it all turned in to one of those paradox things that do your head in, a self fulfilling prophecy, he engineered the events that will lead to him coming back from the future.

Great episode though, the GTA guy was well funny.

I'd spoiler that if I were you. ;)

I love the dynamic between Alisha and Simon now.

Also LMAO at the new guy. All of that was brilliant. I wonder if Nathan seeing ghosts will amount to anything.

It was obvious future Simon was going to die but, yeah, it's a paradox. Alisha is going to lose him eventually because he has to go back in time and save her. I think? It's quite sad.

Also, they film a lot of it on the Heygate Estate where I do parkour. It's awesome seeing places I run about.

Really awesome episode again. I just love the writing and imagination in this, it's so inventive and the characters really don't feel clichéd.

Incidentally (and I probably should be saying this) when my girlfriend was a bank nurse at a psychiatric hospital there was a patient there who actually thought his life was a game and that everyone he saw was an enemy in this game, so he just attacked everyone. It was really weird because she told me about him months and months ago, and now there's a story about it. I think they did it really well, although I'm not sure whether that was supposed to be his 'power' or whether he was just mentally ill.

Still, really loving it, I just didn't want it to end. Here's hoping that there's a third series planned.

A third season has been pretty much confirmed.

I imagined the game dude was what happened when the storm affected someone with a mental illness. Although from what you said he could just be a nut case. :heh:

I loved that episode too. I can't wait for the next episode, it looks really interesting!

Its reaally is fucking excellent. Better than the first series too. Music choices tend to be perfect, and this episode was funnier than usual.

Throw it out there, now that future Simon's dead, surely the moment normal time Simon goes back in time he'll be gone and dead, won't come back. Unless he like, splits himself

Anyway, could have kept that story going a bit longer but still. Stunning TV.

Throw it out there, now that future Simon's dead, surely the moment normal time Simon goes back in time he'll be gone and dead, won't come back. Unless he like, splits himself

Yep, he's going to be shut in to a loop of his former and future self.

That's what made me think of his motives as suspicious, if he didn't go back, then he would never have got with Alesha, but it's doomed because he did.

Maybe there's more to come in the future, I'm quite open to the theory of their powers evolving, or even changing completely, it happens in comics, doesn't it? Future Simon never used his power of invisibility, did he, maybe he didn't have it any more. And Nathan seeing the dead, maybe an evolution of his power, maybe not, but if he could see the dead before, why couldn't he see the first two parole officers?

It's one of those shows that asks more questions than it answers, but isn't annoying with it. Definitely one of the best bits of British TV in recent years, and I'm finding this series less predictable than the last, I guessed Nathan was immortal/unkillable when Curtis did the alternate timeline thing and Nathan was the only survivor of the original parole officers attack.

This show is so amazing. I think everyone must be right about future Simon dying for good when coming to the present - I doubt they'll use more complex time travel methods like parallel universes.

Edited by Supergrunch

Glad I'm not the only one who loves this. Convinced my friend to watch it and he gave up after five episodes. Probably wasn't a good idea to watch them in one sitting but I'm going to have a go at him next time I see him. Fool.

This show is so amazing. I think everyone must be right about future Simon dying for good when coming to the present - I doubt they'll use more complex time travel methods like parallel universes.

Parallel universes are pretty standard stuff when it comes to time travel, they're even realistically possible. The self fulfilling prophecy paradox is just impossible. Besides, they did the parallel universe thing first series when Curtis went back and saw his life if he hadn't been arrested.

Parallel universes are pretty standard stuff when it comes to time travel, they're even realistically possible. The self fulfilling prophecy paradox is just impossible. Besides, they did the parallel universe thing first series when Curtis went back and saw his life if he hadn't been arrested.

Yeah, but having a parallel universe theory isn't consistent with the Simon we know becoming the Simon from the future - future Simon coming back would have changed things, creating an entirely new universe. Present day Simon would only die if we resolve the paradox by saying there is only one universe and thus Simon going back in time had always happened. Curtis doesn't create paradoxes, because he rewinds time instead of merely going back to a time as his future self, meaning his time travelling is consistent with both parallel and single universe theories. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up mixing the two interpretations depending on what they want to do at the time - that's what Heroes did.

It's not on 4OD yet, sad.

Yes it is (or at least was), I just watched it on there.

Here we go, a dodgy paint diagram to make things clearer:

misfitstime.jpg

Wikipedia calls these type 2 (mutable timeline) and type 3 (alternate timelines) universes. Type 1 universes don't allow paradoxes at all.

Yeah, but having a parallel universe theory isn't consistent with the Simon we know becoming the Simon from the future - future Simon coming back would have changed things, creating an entirely new universe. Present day Simon would only die if we resolve the paradox by saying there is only one universe and thus Simon going back in time had always happened. Curtis doesn't create paradoxes, because he rewinds time instead of merely going back to a time as his future self, meaning his time travelling is consistent with both parallel and single universe theories. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up mixing the two interpretations depending on what they want to do at the time - that's what Heroes did.

I'll get back to you on that.

I'm a little drunk to be discussing temporal theory right now.

Really liked the new episode, so funny when the new guy died. I think the storm caused the problem with the guy that thought he was in GTA. Kind of like when the first social worker became a crazy killer.

The only problem I had with this episode is the GTA guy. I mean, the first social worker's power (being crazy-angry and trying to kill people) was understandable because his power fit his personality but I'd love to know what the GTA guy's was? Too much gaming?

Like Kelly said, that's what happens when all you do is play games and wank.

My mum just bumped into Alisha and Curtis and got a photo with them. She always does this to me. The same has happened with Jose Mourinho, Drogba and a few others. It's awesome and annoying.

Also, they film a lot of it on the Heygate Estate where I do parkour. It's awesome seeing places I run about.

They film most of it in Thamesmead actually. Around Southmere lake and Tavy Bridge in actual fact. Know the areas well as that's where I grew up and still have lots of friends.

The community centre most of it is based in is filmed elsewhere as the lakeside complex does not look like that inside at all. Got small crappy pub downstairs and a function room and club upstairs.

Was funny seeing the GTA guy walking around many of the streets I know :)

Yeah, I meant a lot of that episode. There's a weird shot where you can see Elephant & Castle.

Edit: And by 'a lot' I mean like 5/10 minutes. :heh: Basically the beginning when Oli tried to negotiate with GTA duda and later when Curtis and Alisha are hiding from GTA dude.

Is Thamesmead the Clockwork Orange place?

Edited by Daft

There were so many better ways to save Alesha than to jump in front of the bullet. He could've just called the police and said a man is running round with a gun. He could've jumped on the man.

That said, I wanted him to die.

I took it as he needed to die for Alisha to properly fall for him and make Simon who he becomes.