NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Experimental thread lock

All i want back is the PYP thread! I just want to show everyone how much of a big dirty capitalist i am!

The new forum has actually grown on me. I like the way it is now, so no complaints there from me. : peace:

However, I must voice my agreement that you mods and admins don't seem to have handled this experiment equally well all the time. It would seem like a little more democracy is in order next time.

I liked the forced change (except for the lack of comic thread, which was rectified very early thankfully), but I do think Post Your Purchases could be back, maybe with some rule about what you purchase being interesting. :p

But then interesting purchases (houses, cars, certain DVDs, games etc) could warrant their own threads.

PROBLEM!

But then interesting purchases (houses, cars, certain DVDs, games etc) could warrant their own threads.

PROBLEM!

If somebody came onto the forum and wanted to post about buying a car, yeah, then they'd create their own thread for it.

But, the majority of stuff people will buy doesn't warrant a seperate thread each time. For example, if I popped into town and bought a new shirt or a t-shirt, or a lovely looking coat, I would want to post that in a thread that already existed. What would be the point in posting a new thread for it?

Also, those Image threads you posted: Lets take the celebrity one for example. It barely filled a whole page. What if in 6 months time somebody, like Paj for example, meets Tori Amos and gets a photo taken and wants to post it here. Now, they could either go through a search and find that thread, or they'd post it in the image gallery which would probably be on the first page anyway. Sure, he could make his own thread for that, but the point is that there would already be a "gallery" to post it in. What if he deems it not worthy of a new thread, but believes that it at least deserves a post on here? I believe that many other users feel this way.

I don't really see the point in making a seperate thread for everything. Some things do deserve their own seperate thread, and I am glad that the front page of this board looks a bit busier. But, I think there's a danger of over-organising.

Music thread.

That's all I need.

Yeah I know, another one wanting back a thread. But I really do want it back :(

The music thread absolutely does not need to come back. The music thread was the worst offender of the lot and the best argument in favour of the new system.

If somebody came onto the forum and wanted to post about buying a car, yeah, then they'd create their own thread for it.

But, the majority of stuff people will buy doesn't warrant a seperate thread each time. For example, if I popped into town and bought a new shirt or a t-shirt, or a lovely looking coat, I would want to post that in a thread that already existed. What would be the point in posting a new thread for it?

Also, those Image threads you posted: Lets take the celebrity one for example. It barely filled a whole page. What if in 6 months time somebody, like Paj for example, meets Tori Amos and gets a photo taken and wants to post it here. Now, they could either go through a search and find that thread, or they'd post it in the image gallery which would probably be on the first page anyway. Sure, he could make his own thread for that, but the point is that there would already be a "gallery" to post it in. What if he deems it not worthy of a new thread, but believes that it at least deserves a post on here? I believe that many other users feel this way.

I don't really see the point in making a seperate thread for everything. Some things do deserve their own seperate thread, and I am glad that the front page of this board looks a bit busier. But, I think there's a danger of over-organising.

Fight the power.

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else, but someone made a pr0 point about new members being curious about what fellow forumites look like. There would be a main picture topic with everyone looking "normal". Or having to go back several pages [if they're that curious] to find a random topic of us all in pictures regarding a cowboy hat and a large speaker.

Potential "themed" picture topics is not something I'm against, so long as it's something... "big". For example a Halloween topic. But a random theme someone has dreamed up won't last.

Potential "themed" picture topics is not something I'm against, so long as it's something... "big". For example a Halloween topic. But a random theme someone has dreamed up won't last.

You realise that's the point of the new system yes? Its not about something "lasting" forever, that's what we're moving away from.

The new forum has actually grown on me. I like the way it is now, so no complaints there from me. : peace:

However, I must voice my agreement that you mods and admins don't seem to have handled this experiment equally well all the time. It would seem like a little more democracy is in order next time.

You say you like it, but if we had called a vote, you never would've gotten it. The forumites as a whole are afraid of change. I remember when everyone recoiled in horror when I upped the max avatar size from 50x50 to 125x125.

You realise that's the point of the new system yes? Its not about something "lasting" forever, that's what we're moving away from.

In some cases I agree (like the music topic being broken up into relevant band/artist threads etc), but there are some exceptions. Such as the purchases topic many want back.

You say you like it, but if we had called a vote, you never would've gotten it. The forumites as a whole are afraid of change. I remember when everyone recoiled in horror when I upped the max avatar size from 50x50 to 125x125.

Agreed. Still, as it has been pointed out, a bit too much just happened behind the scenes and according to the will of the übermembers. It did seem for a time like we were being ignored.

What sheltered lives everyone must live...

Agreed. Still, as it has been pointed out, a bit too much just happened behind the scenes and according to the will of the übermembers. It did seem for a time like we were being ignored.

Back in the days of pdhq64, Svt4Him et al things used to be stricter and forum members never got a say so....shut up you horny Danish bastard!

We don't need funny videos back asap. Without it I can't post this.

6117_09a9.jpeg

Just saying...