Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after a poor start to the Serie A season with Inter but an Italian Super Copa and the Fifa Club World Cup added to the trophy cabinet, with building pressure from Moratti that he must win the Club World Cup to assure his position which became more of a "I won't disrupt things before the Cup but afterwards I will..." then some cockiness from Rafa that Moratti must buy him players in January if he wants the same results as from Mourinho proved to be the final straw... Inter and Benitez have parted company.

Now the rumours say Rafa will be back at the helm at LFC.

Now the rumours say Rafa will be back at the helm at LFC.

Hopefully not. I mean, he did a decent job all round. In terms of silverware, he didn't deliver what was expected, but he came so close to winning us the title in 08, and made us a solid top 4 team. Then he got us 7th, which is due to the sale of Alonso IMO, which was basically all his doing.

Aaaahahaha, Rafa. What a tart. I can't believe how badly he sucked at the Inter job. Hmm, a great team, in 7th place. I wonder where we've heard that before. :heh:

The guy is a joke. I actually hope Liverpool take him back. Although, Roy is doing a great job of destroying them from the inside anyway. Maybe Rafa can be his number two. ;)

..you know, I actually miss the earlier stuff..

He almost seemed like a totally different guy back then ::shrug:

As for Roy, I was never convinced about him in the first place but obviously you wait to see how it goes before you can make any judgements. The problem is, he keeps saying the wrong things and is continually talking about individual players in public.

Edited by nekunando

Hardly a fallback, he said we have failed to deliver. Yet Chelseas biggest wish is to win in europe, which they have failed to do.

Chelsea's wish is to be anything other than the two-bob club they were before Abramovich came in.

I'll probably be eating those words on the 28th..

Heading to the game in a bit, oddly I'm not optimistic. Neither of us are in particularly good form and the last game we out played Chelsea and lost. So I don't know whether playing shit we might fluke it.

Probably feel better about things once I've got a beer in me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!