Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

These foreign investors are not interested in what is best for the club, look what happened to Portsmouth. Yes, I am aware that some foreign owners have revitalised some clubs, Milan Mandaric springs to mind, but my beef is with the ones (including English ones) who have no idea what they are buying into and then they cut their losses, sell up and leave a big mess behind. The day Bolton gets taken over I think I'll switch to another sport!!

My beef is your over using the word foreign like some nationalist, you only have to look on Newcastle's doorstep to see it's nothing about nationality and every thing to do with being a shit owner (Peter Ridsdale to name another). I get what you're saying some of these investors have no idea when it comes to football and communities but thats nothing to do with them being foreign.

As for our Champions League draw, two things on my mind, shame we didn't get a German side (wanted to experience a game in Deutschland) and shit we're out. Though to be fair our defence is no worse than last season, so we've got 2 months to get RVP and Cesc going again and hope that Messi, Iniesta and Xavi miss the two ties. I just hope our players don't big it up as some revenge match. And I guess the press will fire up the Cesc leaving rumours again.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My imagined victors;

Copenhagen v Chelsea

Marseille v Manchester United

Arsenal v Barcelona

Lyon v Real Madrid

Inter v Bayern Munich

Valencia v Schalke

AC Milan v Tottenham

Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk

I'd love for Spurs to progress, but their performance against an out-of-form chelsea the other day casts doubts.

Europa League last 32 draw

Rangers v Sporting Lisbon

Sparta Prague v Liverpool

Anderlecht v Ajax

Lech Poznan v Braga

Besiktas v Dynamo Kiev

Basle v Spartak Moscow

Young Boys v Zenit St Petersburg

Aris v Manchester City

PAOK v CSKA Moscow

Sevilla v Porto

Rubin Kazan v Twente

Lille v PSV

Benfica v Stuttgart

Bate Borisov v Paris Saint Germain

Metalist Kharkiv v Bayer Leverkusen

Europa League last 16 draw

Benfica/Stuttgart v Bate/Paris Saint Germain

Besiktas/Kiev v Aris/Man City

Rubin Kazan /FC Twente v Young Boys/Zenit St. Petersburg

PAOK/CSKA Maoscow v Sevilla/Porto

Lille/PSV v Rangers/Sporting

Metalist Kharkiv/Leverkusen v Napoli/Villarreal

Anderlecht/Ajax v Basle/Spartak

Sparta/Liverpool v Lech/Braga

..if anyone else cares :indeed:

My beef is your over using the word foreign like some nationalist, you only have to look on Newcastle's doorstep to see it's nothing about nationality and every thing to do with being a shit owner (Peter Ridsdale to name another). I get what you're saying some of these investors have no idea when it comes to football and communities but thats nothing to do with them being foreign.

As for our Champions League draw, two things on my mind, shame we didn't get a German side (wanted to experience a game in Deutschland) and shit we're out. Though to be fair our defence is no worse than last season, so we've got 2 months to get RVP and Cesc going again and hope that Messi, Iniesta and Xavi miss the two ties. I just hope our players don't big it up as some revenge match. And I guess the press will fire up the Cesc leaving rumours again.

Looking back at my posts, I can see why you may have thought this of me

white2.jpg

:p

But my point was that people who know nothing about football are ruining our game, and they just tend to go for the big names without too much thought behind it, and yes, most of these names happen to be foreign. Allardyce has been yet another casualty of this.

It would be like me, having billions of pounds, wanting to make the best video games in the world. I would sign Miyamoto from Nintendo, Cliff B from Epic, Hideo Kojima from Konami, and then I would sign Nintendo's best graphic artists, along with Bungie's, and for good measure I'd get the programmers from Rocksteady games and throw loads and loads of money at them, expect a world class game to be made in 5 months, and then sack everyone when it didn't work.

No other industry would work like this, but the difference is that football teams are in the local community, and you are seeing lifelong fans alienated by these clueless morons with deep pockets.

Ibrahimović, Robinho and Pato? I'll gladly bet on Milan.

I don't think so. AC's squad is very disjointed, it seems to be more just a big group of players rather than a team. I think Spurs will progress to the quarters. They've got a fantastic team and if VDV is fit he could prove to be the key.

Liverpool pitch playable but the game is called off because of the surrounding areas!! Health and Safety gone mad!!!

Well not really. The surrounding streets and roads don't have under soil heating like the pitch.

x amount of thousands of fans trying to get to the ground in those conditions could result in a ridiculous amount of accidents.

Not to mention will the players even be able to get there.

Well not really. The surrounding streets and roads don't have under soil heating like the pitch.

x amount of thousands of fans trying to get to the ground in those conditions could result in a ridiculous amount of accidents.

Not to mention will the players even be able to get there.

Well maybe but I was looking forward to watching it, 20 years ago it would never have been called off, people would have just got on with it and not started crying.

Haven't posted in here for a while, but this video sums up my thoughts about the sacking of Chris Hughton.

Can't believe he was sacked, and I can't believe that Pardew is his assistant. If you're going to sack somebody, then bring somebody in who can do the job better. Is Pardew really the answer? Really?

Also, why sack big Sam? I don't see the sense in that at all. Currently they are in 12th position. Hardly a disaster and if I'm honest I don't think it's an uncomfortable area of the table for them to find themselves in. I said recently to somebody that Blackburn could easily be anywhere between 8 and 18th. They're that sort of club, stable, comfortable and go through good and bad patches. Now, if the club want to "aim higher" then why not give the guy some help in order for him to do that? All this has done is cause disruption and today they drew against a bottom of the table West Ham at home. I believe they would have won that game had Sam been in charge.

I hate this culture of sacking managers midway through the season. It happens far too often and a lot of the time it doesn't actually help anyone. Teams need stability and how can a manager do his job properly when he knows that every single little thing that he does is scrutinised? And, what if they do their very best and still find themselves on the chopping block. Absolutely no need to sack Chris Hughton.

So yeah, that's my rant and it's a bit late but it still counts.

Steve Kean is staying till the end of the season at Blackburn apparently. I think that is a disgrace and insult to Sam!

No offence to Kean but I thought they said that they were looking for someone better than Sam because he didn't fit in with their long term plan. It seems like more of step backwards, with quite a few players considering handing in a transfer request in response to this whole thing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!