Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In typical Arsenal fashion, we've spurned a great opportunity to close the gap, at home to the baggies of all teams, I only caught about 30 minutes of the second half, from the sounds of it we were awful today, Nasri seemed the only player really playing today.

The team as a whole were crap (apart from Nasri), Almunia had a fucking nightmare for their 2nd and 3rd goals. But all credit to West Brom they played some great football, how it should be, they really did a shift and proved that you don't have to kick two shits out of Arsenal to beat them in their own backyard.

As for Almunia, he needs to be dropped after today, I was 7 rows back behind the goal he was in for the second half. Absolute pissing nightmare, where he was going for the 3rd I'll never know.

Whilst I am a bit dismayed at the 1-0 loss ruining our 100% start and we seemed to stumble at our first big challenge, I thought the game itself from both sides was a bit lacklustre. Both italian defensive team plans and Man City managed to work the counter attack well at one opportunity. Other than that, neither goalkeeper was really troubled apart from maybe one or two moments.

Once again a great day to show how football can never be predicted, bet it was a good day for betting shops after so many of the "better" clubs didn't win against their opponents.

As for that controversial goal, I think Torres should be ashamed. Thats not sportsmanlike at all.

The Blackpool own goal was just unlucky but their manager saying it was a "great finish" on MOTD was hilarious. Good for him to see the funny side of it all.

Ahh, yesterday was a brilliant day of football. Can't believe West Brom were 3-0 up away at Arsenal. :laughing:

On another note, did anybody see the Gerrard "incident" where he elbowed Danny Welbeck. Apparantly the ref thought it was an accident.

Lets see, Steven Gerrard, a "passionate" Liverpool player and fan. Liverpool who have an immense and fiery rivalry with Manchester United, who defeated them last week. "Accidentally" bumping into Danny Welbeck, a player born in Manchester itself and on-loan from Manchester United. The same Steven Gerrard who recently assaulted, sorry...self-defended himself from a Mancunian DJ. The same Steven Gerrard whose fans shout week-in week-out that he's "big and he's fucking hard."

No, it was an accident, he's a good boy.

It wasn't an accident but I highly doubt Gerard was going through the thought processes you suggest Flink.

Whats this I also keep hearing about how unpredictable the league is?

Yesterdays results

Arsenal 2-3 West Brom

Birmingham 0-0 Wigan

Blackpool 1-2 Blackburn

Fulham 0-0 Everton

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland

Man City 1-0 Chelsea

West Ham 1-0 Tottenham

Apart from the Arsenal game which ones of those are out of the blue? Chelsea have lost at City of Manchester stadium in recent years. West Ham always put in a decent shift at home to Spurs. Liverpool have been struggling all season. Fulham and Everton seems fair enough, 0-0 draw no surprise there, Blackburn beat Blackpool...Nothing needs to be said, and Birmingham drew with Wigan.

So really when people are saying "Love how unpredictable the league is this week", they mean "I can't believe West Brom beat Arsenal at home".

It wasn't an accident but I highly doubt Gerard was going through the thought processes you suggest Flink.

What? He didn't go through that during the incident, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looked at him and thought "Manc Bastard" and decided to give him it. He knew exactly what he was doing and who he was doing it to.

Whats this I also keep hearing about how unpredictable the league is?

Yesterdays results

Arsenal 2-3 West Brom

Birmingham 0-0 Wigan

Blackpool 1-2 Blackburn

Fulham 0-0 Everton

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland

Man City 1-0 Chelsea

West Ham 1-0 Tottenham

Apart from the Arsenal game which ones of those are out of the blue? Chelsea have lost at City of Manchester stadium in recent years. West Ham always put in a decent shift at home to Spurs. Liverpool have been struggling all season. Fulham and Everton seems fair enough, 0-0 draw no surprise there, Blackburn beat Blackpool...Nothing needs to be said, and Birmingham drew with Wigan.

So really when people are saying "Love how unpredictable the league is this week", they mean "I can't believe West Brom beat Arsenal at home".

Well, given Chelsea's recent form, they were quite fancied to go there and do something. You wouldn't count on Arsenal losing at home to West Brom. You also would have fancied Spurs to do over struggling West Ham. Liverpool have been poor this season, but again, you'd have thought that the loss in the Carling Cup would have spurred them on to win this. That game itself was very unpredictable.

Also, Blackpool's game against Blackburn was quite unpredictable. A crazy own goal, a super-sub scoring within seconds of coming on and a winner at the death. The Birmingham and Fulham games were disappointing.

I guess if we had a list of predicted scores before the game, I think very few would have been correct. So, in that sense, it is unpredictable. I was expecting Spurs to thrash West Ham away, Arsenal to win 4-0 against Brom, Liverpool to win 2-0 against Sunderland, Blackpool to win by a narrow margin, and Fulham and Birmingham to get points. I mean, Wigan, away at Birmingham. You'd have expected them to get thrashed. :heh:

I do agree that they are over-stating it a bit too much though. Its unpredictable in that anything can happen, but it was mentioned one too many times on Match of the Day yesterday.

Well done, Bolton. You battled hard all afternoon and deserve a point.

As for United, another bad defensive team performance and another bad individual performance from Jonny Evans. He was completely lost for the first goal, and this is now one game too many.

So, United have scored 7 goals away from home in 3 away games and have not won a single of those games. Too much pissing about at the back, I can't remember how many times we lost the ball. There's no clear leadership there. If this was Schmeichal in goal, he'd be having a right go at his defenders, but it worked. I want to see Edwin doing something similar because clearly he can't be happy with how the back four are defending.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Fairly decent result for us tonight, never do good in Eastern Europe and apparently our first away win in the Champions League in a year, considering we played 4 away games after beating Standard Liege thats quite poor.

Hopefully we've picked up no further knocks for the big game on Sunday.

Just got back from Stamford. Was an enjoyable game to watch, dominated overall really. Was impressed with Kakuta. Should have scored more, and we were lucky when their only real effort hit the post.

The first goal was a shambles since that defender on the post should have done his job properly. Not sure whether the handball was blatant, was at the other end :(

Shall be in better seating for the game against ARSEnal on Sunday :D

Sounds like Man Utd did a snatch and grab.

Pretty much. Was good to see us perform well in defence for once this season though. The youngsters came on at the end and it was a complete smash and grab. Well taken goal by hernandez, quick feet. He also hit the post/bar few minutes before.

Perfect away result against the "hardest" team in our group.

Great Champions League Football. Yeah, the United game was a bit smash and grab, but the team were hardly going to go there all guns blazing. I would happily have settled for a 0-0 or something tonight, the defensive performance was important. Hernandez getting the goal...has pretty much made my week.

The Tottenham game was crazy. 3 penalties, one missed, a sending off, 5 goals in total. Van Der Vaart won't forget that game. He did look very dangerous on the ball, but he also looked dangerous off it, hence the sending off. :laughing:

Sublime? His goal was good, but he got sent off and he missed a penalty. Whilst the sending off was questionable, he did dive a lot and fuss about. Such quality yet so wasteful. I wasn't thinking he was sublime tonight, but his goal was good.

He was our man of the match even with the sending off in my opinion. He popped up everywhere, had shots, made good runs, showed real passion. A breath of fresh air really. Maybe sublime is a bit ott, but he did really play well.

Absolutely stonking free kick from Alex there! Think Arsenal played a good game but were no match for the mighty Blues defence. Great result, and well played. On a weekend where Man Utd dropped points as well, it was vital.

Also mega fucking lulz at Liverpool!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!