NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Bless how you try and find whining where none exists. How very predictable. The game looks amazing, the visuals look excellent for the most part and I love how they're using the second screen. Can't wait to play it.

I've said countless times how beautiful the new graphics look in general, and how much I'm looking forward to the game. But the fact remains the game is practically identical to the N64 version, the only thing we can discuss about it is the updated visuals. I have a problem with a couple of elements of this and am sharing those concerns whilst I wait to play the game. That's not being over the top. It's the purpose of a discussion board. Never said it was a game-destroying issue, just that a couple of the updated visuals are fugly.

Or we could all wank each other off about all things Zelda and never utter a negative word, like Scoop and killer_kirby would have us do.

What about all the "talk" about the boxart? :heh:

It was quite amusing to read.

Or we could all wank each other off about all things Zelda and never utter a negative word, like Scoop and killer_kirby would have us do.

Actually, I'm often called up for being negative about games. It's one of my defining traits on this area of the forum. I've also said plenty of negative things about this title and other Zelda titles if you read back through my postings.

Those videos get me hard. Surprised at how amazing the motion controls look. I have so much free time from May, looking forward to doing this...

...Also, something I've never admitted. But I never completed the original. Stopped at Gannon. When he turned into the monster pig... I stopped playing it for a bit, and when I went back it was too late....

One thing I love about the gameplay is how smoothly Link runs in this update. The movement animation is so fluid.

Edited by Guy

Those videos get me hard. Surprised at how amazing the motion controls look. I have so much free time from May, looking forward to doing this...

...Also, something I've never admitted. But I never completed the original. Stopped at Gannon. When he turned into the monster pig... I stopped playing it for a bit, and when I went back it was too late....

Seriously, you've never finished it? That's bad, man. The equivalent to that is Frodo making it all the way to Mount Doom and then dying of a heart-attack. :heh:

You were so close...I'd never forgive myself if I did that. :shakehead

Lord of the rings would have been WAY better if that was the ending. And the ONLY ending, not one of 5!!

I know it's criminal, but when I went back to it I sort of lost track, it was loads harder and just lost momentum! Plus, deep down, I knew Nintendo would rerelease it in 3D on a funky new portable so thought I'd save some of it!

Lord of the rings would have been WAY better if that was the ending. And the ONLY ending, not one of 5!!

I know it's criminal, but when I went back to it I sort of lost track, it was loads harder and just lost momentum! Plus, deep down, I knew Nintendo would rerelease it in 3D on a funky new portable so thought I'd save some of it!

Now you go too far! I love Lord of the Rings. Heh, 5 endings, very true.

I'll let you off...for now. ;)

I've said countless times how beautiful the new graphics look in general, and how much I'm looking forward to the game. But the fact remains the game is practically identical to the N64 version, the only thing we can discuss about it is the updated visuals. I have a problem with a couple of elements of this and am sharing those concerns whilst I wait to play the game. That's not being over the top. It's the purpose of a discussion board. Never said it was a game-destroying issue, just that a couple of the updated visuals are fugly.

Both sides need to stop generalising the other side's behaviour. None are saying it will actually break the game, and none are wanking each other over Zelda (the game, not the character - I have no doubt that people are wanking over the character).

That being said, I do still find the amount of negativity I see regarding stuff like lighting, colours and framerate to be a bit disproportional to the importance I'd argue it holds.

Lord of the Rings has 5 endings? What are they?

He's talking about the half hour or so part right at the end of Return of the King, after the ring has been destroyed.

So, you've got the ring itself being destroyed, then everybody meeting up with Frodo again/Frodo and Gandalf re-united.

You've got Aragorn being crowned King, big ceremony at Minas Tirith.

Sam-wise getting the courage to speak to Rosie, then skipping to their marriage.

Frodo finishing "The Lord of the Rings" in Bilbo's book, speaking to Sam about how his wounds will never fully heal.

The ship to the undying lands, with Frodo giving his goodbye to the last of the Fellowship.

I've heard a few people over the years mention how they thought the ending was too long. I thought it was quite fitting, and a nice end to the trilogy.

Not that it's the lord of the rings thread, but the trilogy disappointed me on every level and was gutted! Jackson hasn't made a good film since Heavenly Creatures :P

He's talking about the half hour or so part right at the end of Return of the King, after the ring has been destroyed.

So, you've got the ring itself being destroyed, then everybody meeting up with Frodo again/Frodo and Gandalf re-united.

You've got Aragorn being crowned King, big ceremony at Minas Tirith.

Sam-wise getting the courage to speak to Rosie, then skipping to their marriage.

Frodo finishing "The Lord of the Rings" in Bilbo's book, speaking to Sam about how his wounds will never fully heal.

The ship to the undying lands, with Frodo giving his goodbye to the last of the Fellowship.

I've heard a few people over the years mention how they thought the ending was too long. I thought it was quite fitting, and a nice end to the trilogy.

When you have almost a 10 hour film, spending 20 minutes on the ending isn't that big a deal, and as you say, fitting.

Not that it's the lord of the rings thread, but the trilogy disappointed me on every level and was gutted! Jackson hasn't made a good film since Heavenly Creatures :P

:shakehead

I'm going to arrest you for heresy. You heretic! The films were awesome.

When you have almost a 10 hour film, spending 20 minutes on the ending isn't that big a deal, and as you say, fitting.

Exactly, ending it abruptly would have put a dampener on the trilogy. It's better for a film to take a bit more time to do something right, rather than doing it half-arsed. Like Helm's Deep, it was epic, with attention to detail. It was well-crafted.

Lotr?

gtfo :heh:

Back on topic, where is the logo in the new intro? Is no one else slightly concerned to not see it pop-up within seconds like it does on the original? or does it simply just display on the bottom screen instead I wonder...

... 'tis a minor detail but one that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet, I know it appears at the end but it's not really the same is it. :blank:

Back on topic, where is the logo in the new intro? Is no one else slightly concerned to not see it pop-up within seconds like it does on the original? or does it simply just display on the bottom screen instead I wonder...

... 'tis a minor detail but one that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet, I know it appears at the end but it's not really the same is it. :blank:

What an odd thing to moan about? The logo appears at the end now.

The new videos again;

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Bah, I don't even believe in nostalgia or rose-tinted glasses. Or at least, I don't wear them. Make no mistake, Ocarina of Time (the original), however brilliant, has a very low framerate, very low resolution and incredibly muddy textures. I strongly suspect this version will be better.

However, it's a form of intellectual dishonesty if you see something, think it looks worse, then pretend you don't. OK, we could just not mention it, but considering no one's been overly negative or said it's a game-breaker, why not? The water looks toxic and one or two colours clash. It's not a big deal, and it's not a big deal to mention it either.

I'm happy to think that some of the graphical changes have been made to make things look better in 3D. For instance, I'm happy to think that the day-glow water (in the intro as well!) will look better in that sense.

Probably again going to go back to not watching anything to do with this game for a while, well until release now.

Lotr?

gtfo :heh:

I thought the exact same thing. :p Don't worry about it these little things urk me to. :)

What an odd thing to moan about? The logo appears at the end now.

Not really a 'moan' as such, just questioning why it doesn't appear sooner being that it's one of the first things you see when you load up the original game, just would have thought that would have remained unchanged is all.

I thought the exact same thing. :p Don't worry about it these little things urk me to. :)

I'm not alone afterall!

:hug:

:hug::hug:

Triforce Hug!

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

Not really a 'moan' as such, just questioning why it doesn't appear sooner being that it's one of the first things you see when you load up the original game, just would have thought that would have remained unchanged is all.

I just assumed that was the intro without the logo and it will be in the actual game. The one at the end of the clip doesn't look right, I don't think it's part of the intro at all, just for the purposes of that online video.

Well hopefully that'll be the case and I look forward to seeing the logo back in its rightful place when the game is released. :)

With the reaction to the colours and filters used in Ocarina, I can't wait for Nintendo to inevitably announce they're re-recording all the voices in Starfox 64 3DS. Fanboy fury, from myself included.

@Both openings: I'll be waiting to see the proper opening on a proper 3DS, but I prefer the old opening for now. This is not about the water (lol), or my pet peeve (grass as opposed to dirt, which isn't a flaw to anybody but me), or even the yellow tint, it's actually the sky. I much prefer the old one to the new one, but maybe it'll look better in the 3DS itself (and even if it isn't, youtube and my GC disc still exist, so...)

*ahem* Still hyped.

Nintendo should include the original game with unchanged graphics as an option. I'm sure that would solve every problem anyone possibly has with this remake.

Nintendo should include the original game with unchanged graphics as an option. I'm sure that would solve every problem anyone possibly has with this remake.

Nintendo should never appease the nostalgically retarded! PLay the original or the VC console if you wanna be a gimp. Let us play the brilliantly enhanced 3D remake!!