NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

This alone will be worth buying the machine for! I love how it is so much like the original.

'kin hell I can't wait. They have to make Majora's Mask after this, surely...?!

Love Link's new jumping animation and the framerate looks great.

(Zelda geek mode) Can't be arsed to check, but I swear they've shortened that initial burst of light out of the treasure chest? I remember it being much bigger and stronger. Can't believe I noticed that.

Has this been posted?

How did they manage to record the sound without any background noises? It seems suspiciously clear. If that's the sound output of the 3DSs speakers, I'm positive that games will sound a whole lot better than on the DS.

Also: Link has the slingshot from the start and later finds it again? I suppose it's a "cheat" for the demo. It's been years since I touched OoT.

How did they manage to record the sound without any background noises? It seems suspiciously clear. If that's the sound output of the 3DSs speakers, I'm positive that games will sound a whole lot better than on the DS.

You can see that some kind of recording device is plugged into the headphone socket.

Or perhaps they should...you know...make a brand new Zelda 3DS game built from the ground up.

That's actually a very difficult dilemma, I think. I'm sure we'd all like to play it, but now is the time for Nintendo to crack on with the proper "Zelda 3DS". Maybe the best solution is to get a sub-team doing Majora's Mask.

(Zelda geek mode) Can't be arsed to check, but I swear they've shortened that initial burst of light out of the treasure chest? I remember it being much bigger and stronger. Can't believe I noticed that.

Nor can I. :heh:

That's actually a very difficult dilemma, I think. I'm sure we'd all like to play it, but now is the time for Nintendo to crack on with the proper "Zelda 3DS". Maybe the best solution is to get a sub-team doing Majora's Mask.

But what do they do with Zelda 3DS?..The 3D Zeldas are a home console thing but they can't possibly go back to 2D after Ocarina of Time.

But what do they do with Zelda 3DS?..The 3D Zeldas are a home console thing but they can't possibly go back to 2D after Ocarina of Time.
The DS Zelda's are becoming increasingly 3D anyway. They could choose to continue the toon-shaded series on the 3DS, or come up with a new graphical style (I'd love to see the original Wind Waker style on 3DS). Mind you the Wii is getting a more artistic looking Zelda, so really they could go anywhere with Zelda 3DS.

I think that Zelda needs to have a bit of a cool off. It needs to be something different soon be it on a console or a handheld. I'm quite tired of the current feel and I'm pretty disappointed with where they have gone with SS.

Maybe the handheld could be the place for something new.

On a side note, who would love to control the Goron, Deku or Zora with tilt controls? I would!

I think that Zelda needs to have a bit of a cool off. It needs to be something different soon be it on a console or a handheld. I'm quite tired of the current feel and I'm pretty disappointed with where they have gone with SS.

Maybe the handheld could be the place for something new.

On a side note, who would love to control the Goron, Deku or Zora with tilt controls? I would!

Yeah Zelda has become pretty boring, hopefully SS has had more of a shake up than has been shown.

It's about time the console Link faced off against some different evils... Wind Waker was OK, but the final Twilight Princess fight just felt all too familiar. Getting bored of Ganondorf now.

That's another dilemma, although there's no doubt in my mind I would like to see full 3D Zeldas on handhelds now. As much as I liked Spirit Tracks (and, to some extent, Phantom Hourglass), the 3DS has an analogue slider, so there's no need for the touchscreen solution any more.

It also has superb, GameCube-like graphical capability, so there's the possibility of cel-shading, which I'd love to see again. Basically, I think this would be a good template:

Console Zeldas

Adult Link

Cel-shaded or otherwise

Handheld Zeldas

Toon Link (Young Link)

Cel-shaded

The DS Zelda's are becoming increasingly 3D anyway. They could choose to continue the toon-shaded series on the 3DS, or come up with a new graphical style (I'd love to see the original Wind Waker style on 3DS). Mind you the Wii is getting a more artistic looking Zelda, so really they could go anywhere with Zelda 3DS.

Ah, I typed the above before I read this properly! But yes, I'd love to see cel-shading as extreme as Wind Waker's again, where you can literally see the layers of shading wash over the picture. Skyward Sword looks good, but doesn't have pronounced cel-shading (if at all), and I think I'm right in saying PH/ST didn't have it either (although obviously that's what they were going for, just held back by the DS).

Isn't it so that Skyward Sword basically uses the same graphical output as the Mario Galaxy series?

Edited by Fused King

I most certainly wouldn't. It'd screw with the 3D screen, when you chose to use it.

I don't want to go into Skyward Swords knowing exactly what I'm going to find... Forest/Fire/Water/Desert, Generic Castle Town, a Ranch, a Lake... serious shake up needed now! Majora's Mask and Wind Waker both found ways to do this... Skyward Sword needs to do the same, and hopefully the Sky aspect will be able to deliver this somehow.

I don't want to go into Skyward Swords knowing exactly what I'm going to find... Forest/Fire/Water/Desert, Generic Castle Town, a Ranch, a Lake... serious shake up needed now! Majora's Mask and Wind Waker both found ways to do this... Skyward Sword needs to do the same, and hopefully the Sky aspect will be able to deliver this somehow.

I know.... wee need to get down to what Zelda is all about not replicate how we got there. For me it's curiosity, tricks, puzzles and the danger of combat. MM did that very well I thought and I got that feeling every time I hit a new isle in WW.

Without the feeling of the unknown or a sense of danger it all feels a bit limp.

Absolutely gorgeous. Vibrant, colourful - this is how you do a game with Adult Link in it.

Absolutely gorgeous. Vibrant, colourful - this is how you do a game with Adult Link in it.

You remake OoT?

You're very right! What became of: "Ocarina of time has such a subdued color palette" though? ;)

Also: Nintendo are bastards! Those images have almost the resolution the NGP will produce. :p

Looks great.

For some reason, Sheik looks a lot more feminine than both the original OoT version and the Brawl version.