NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Oh yeah! That was it, the special disk with Wind Waker! Thats where I played a bit of it.

...You bought the WW Special Edition and barely touched it? This baffles me.

I've yet to properly play Majoras Mask. I've only played up to the fight with Skull Kid on the clock tower.

I really look forward to playing it properly one day.

Looking forward to playing this for the first time.

I've yet to properly play Majoras Mask. I've only played up to the fight with Skull Kid on the clock tower.

I really look forward to playing it properly one day.

Fucking hell, I need to sit down.

I had to do that. In a corner. Lights off. Hugging the knees.

Haven't quite got by breath back.

I have, and only just recovered from the shock.

Playing Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask should be made LAW!!!

(No, not that either. :()

:shakehead

Fucks sake, ReZ. :nono:

Edit: ReZ, did you have a 64?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

We should just beat him with sticks.

Yes. Deku Sticks.

Although he wouldn't know what they were, as he never played Ocarina. :woops:

ReZ this is like when someone says 'You've NEVER seen Star Wars?' or something. It's rare to find a gamer who hasn't played OoT. I agree with what others have said, you are in for a treat. OoT was the first Zelda game I played and it's just pure brilliance. Majora's Mask is also perfect.

I think majora's mask would actually benifit more from a port than OOT. There's so much that could be improved and enhanced and somehow I can feel it working better on handheld than a console but the save system MUST be fixed.

... The graphics were badass even for the time though.

Majora's Mask on the 3DS would make me weep with joy like a little girl

You could just play it on the VC or n64 though :) Though in all fairness I have to admit as much as I dislike ports and shit I do kinda want this one.

I think majora's mask would actually benifit more from a port than OOT. There's so much that could be improved and enhanced and somehow I can feel it working better on handheld than a console but the save system MUST be fixed.

... The graphics were badass even for the time though.

Really? like what? I can't think of anything.

I can think a few good scenes that would look good in 3D though.

Pretty tempted to replay OoT atm, it's been a while since I last did.

As much as I love Ocarina of Time, it still bugs me that somebody will rather play this instead of a fresh new game for the 3DS.

Wouldn't it have been amazing to have a completely new Zelda for the 3DS? Right at the start of its lifespan?

i know how u feel about it, but many many people wished for a ocarina of time remake including me, and now they did it, and i really love it, first game ill buy

i know how u feel about it, but many many people wished for a ocarina of time remake including me, and now they did it, and i really love it, first game ill buy

But making it look a bit nicer isn't really a remake. That's like calling he VC or the bonus disc versions remakes because they upped the resolution.

As far it stands, they haven't made any official comment on the content of the game but I recall reading someone saying not to expect any extra dungeons which makes it sounds like the game will be almost functionally identical even if it plays a little tighter. I doubt it will even have the Master Quest version in it. At least Super Mario 64 DS had some noticeable changes.

Even from the screen shots, it looks like the 64 game with some higher res textures and replaced character models here and there. If that's enough to make you buy it again, fair enough. It certainly isn't enough for me.

At least Super Mario 64 DS had some noticeable changes.

I thought the different characters were rather pointless and detracted from the experience.

Edit: ReZ, did you have a 64?

Yeah, big time!

One of the main things that put me off Zelda back then was

A) The lack of a jump button (I know, I know, but come on I was a young moron)

B) It seemed too hard. The main reason for that being the Gameboy one (Links Awakening) I played that and didn't have an utter clue what the hell to do.

I thought the different characters were rather pointless and detracted from the experience.

Well I never played it so I can't comment on whether it added to the game but it at least helped to distinguish itself from the original.

Graphically, it went through just as much of a change as this since most of the characters were redrawn, or drawn from scratch, and all the textures were changed.

But that's is where changes to OoT3D ends as it our knowledge stands.

But for SM64DS, there were the extra characters, the extra levels/stars, the multiplayer and the mini games. It may have all been crap, but at least it was something.