NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

When i get a 3ds this will be a definate purchase for me.

OoT was what got me hooked to Zelda games and it would be great to re-experience a masterpiece of it's time! :)

Waitwaitwait! Wait.

Did they add the PH-styled notes to this remake?

Isn't it the built in 3DS notes app?

Heh, I wasn't aware such a thing existed :heh:

Still, I loved those notes in PH and ST (to point things like "suspicious thing here. Come back later"). I'm just glad to know that they really are here to stay, in one way or another.

The new OOT looks how it does in my head when I think about OOT. Its beautiful.

That old one isn't right. It was never like that.

I don't recall the Triforce being located in the one of the Kokiri's homes either :p

Holy crap, it was that bad. That's a bad me. Very bad me.

I don't recall the Triforce being located in the one of the Kokiri's homes either :p

Haha yeah, thought it was some sort of dish with the logo as a reference, then thought lawlno.

The original did have those muddy prerendered interiors like FFVII. I distinctly remember thinking how terrible they looked at the time. The new version does look much better.

Holy crap, it was that bad. That's a bad me. Very bad me.

It never seemed anywhere near that bad.

The original did have those muddy prerendered interiors like FFVII. I distinctly remember thinking how terrible they looked at the time. The new version does look much better.

I knew they had the pre rendered stuff, just didn't think it was that bad.

It never seemed anywhere near that bad.

Exactly what I thought, but it's near enough like the image, loaded up the Zelda Collector's edition disc and there it was :heh:

Could've sworn it looked better than that.

I think that those "old" images are actually taken using an emulator. I don't think that the N64 could render the characters that well so the background would have blended with it more.

I think that those "old" images are actually taken using an emulator. I don't think that the N64 could render the characters that well so the background would have blended with it more.

But the Bonus disk or VC Edition would render it exactly like that - look at the pic resolution. A CRT TV would have softened the image back in the day though of the original release but with the right set up now, you could get a legitimately playable version of OoT to look like that screen.

Yeah, I used to notice the glaring contrast 3D models would make with pre-rendered backgrounds, and OoT wasn't as glaring as in that picture. That's FFVII levels of bad.

I'm talking about the pot, by the way. It was the first thing that I noticed, even before the kids.

Of course, the models were exactly as blocky and pointy as we see in that picture, and ditto for the background blurriness.

But the Bonus disk or VC Edition would render it exactly like that - look at the pic resolution. A CRT TV would have softened the image back in the day though of the original release but with the right set up now, you could get a legitimately playable version of OoT to look like that screen.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make. According to what you have said, you agree with me. And everyone here was talking about playing on N64....

I don't understand what point you're trying to make. According to what you have said, you agree with me. And everyone here was talking about playing on N64....

You know what, neither do I...

I think I just read your use of the word "old" as being the none 3D version even though you then specified the N64 version.

Sorry about that.

It's hard to keep my inner fanboy suppressed when viewing those pics. I know I've played it a dozen times but I'm so excited for this to come out.

Great new screens, looks fantastic, but I assume those mock-ups are fake? The horrendously ugly fanboyish logos give it away, although I like the idea of them revisiting Link's Awakening and giving it a new modern logo.