NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Nah, would rather have OoT. Just can't beat a homeconsole Zelda (despite irony of this is that it's on a handheld)

But yeah, too soon. I want more OoT /bias

Also, i'm never normally hyped for the portable Zelda titles.

You want a game you've already played? It's not even much upgraded, I'd only want a remake to play my old favourites with awesome new graphics :heh: Wind Waker ftw anyway :p

You want a game you've already played?

Yeah, but it's a portable version of OOT. Playing OOT on the bog = WIN! ( Not that I do that :) )

This is perhaps the first Zelda game ever (Besides the crossbow gun shooting) that I have no hype for and makes me not even giving me a feel of urge of buying a 3DS like the other Zelda games did.

Only remake Nintendo could do that would make me hyped are the 2 original Zelda games on the NES, make them all fleshed out. and Wind Waker, not because I want to play it again, but I would like Nintendo to make the effort of making the triforce hunt good and complete the things they had no time to complete on that game.

Edited by killer kirby

You want a game you've already played? It's not even much upgraded, I'd only want a remake to play my old favourites with awesome new graphics :heh: Wind Waker ftw anyway :p

Yeah. Would rather just have a portable OoT :heh:

Only remake Nintendo could do that would make me hyped are the 2 original Zelda games on the NES, make them all fleshed out. and Wind Waker, not because I want to play it again, but I would like Nintendo to make the effort of making the triforce hunt good and complete the things they had no time to complete on that game.

And they can do the same with OoT.

Ocarina is one of Nintendo's best games ever and I welcome a remade version of it with newer graphics. What did Nintendo leave out of Ocarina if you don't mind me asking. I know there was stuff about the Triforce axed, but what else was missing?

Edited by Guy

And they can do the same with OoT.

Not much really, seriously, Wind Waker is really the only the messiest game out of the 3D Zelda series. They could accomplish more out of remaking Wind Waker rather then OOT

Yes if Nintendo managed to go back in time 3 years and spend all that time developing one from scratch.

OOT will do fine for now.

Quite.

None of the best Zelda games have ever been ready at the launch of a console because, by their nature, they build on what any given machine is known to be capable of. At their best, they are the quintessential "2nd generation" game. A remake is ideal for the early days of the 3DS.

Not much really, seriously, Wind Waker is really the only the messiest game out of the 3D Zelda series. They could accomplish more out of remaking Wind Waker rather then OOT

Agreed. Wind Waker goes to hell three quarters of the way through. A remake with the canned dungeons would have a massive effect on my happiness.

Not that I'd complain if they added new stuff to Ocarina.

Let's face it, Nintendo could have pushed this remake considerably further if they had wanted too, something closer to...

That footage is over 10 years old now. Given the new look of young link, it certainly seems to be the style they've gone for anyway. Resident Evil Revelations and the new God of War game on the PSP have shown just what can be done on these consoles.

Only remake Nintendo could do that would make me hyped are the 2 original Zelda games on the NES, make them all fleshed out.
I'd like to see the two NES games remade using this graphics engine...

IMO it has the look of a 2D game that has been brought into the 3D realm, more so than the final graphical style they chose for Wind Waker. Give the games proper stories and it would be absolute win for me!

Also, the above trailer would look awesome in 3D! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Ocarina is one of Nintendo's best games ever and I welcome a remade version of it with newer graphics. What did Nintendo leave out of Ocarina if you don't mind me asking. I know there was stuff about the Triforce axed, but what else was missing?

I'll make a post later about the stuff, can't remember everything that got cut/got left in code so i'm re-investigating just now so I get most of it.

I wouldn't say not much, since there was fair bit that got redone/removed, but perhaps not as drastic as WW. We all know the outcome of that one.

Agreed. Wind Waker goes to hell three quarters of the way through. A remake with the canned dungeons would have a massive effect on my happiness.

I'd like to play it too, but I have a deep suspicion that it would be too long and less well-balanced than the original. Maybe something for the next handheld? I doubt the 3DS could handle it (it needs two analogue sticks, for a start).

I'll make a post later about the stuff, can't remember everything that got cut/got left in code so i'm re-investigating just now so I get most of it.

It's cool, Neogaf have a thread about it here.

Your thoughts on the cut content, however, would be appreciated. Some of it sounds awesome.

Edited by Guy

I'd like to see the two NES games remade using this graphics engine...

IMO it has the look of a 2D game that has been brought into the 3D realm, more so than the final graphical style they chose for Wind Waker. Give the games proper stories and it would be absolute win for me!

Also, the above trailer would look awesome in 3D! :D

Very interesting proposition, a 3D zelda 1! I like it. Maybe not Zelda 2 though, they do need to make money after all.

Looking forward to playing this for the first time.

Wait! What? You've never played any version of OOT? You luck SOB, getting to play it first time around. Your in for a treat then. :D

Wait! What? You've never played any version of OOT? You luck SOB, getting to play it first time around. Your in for a treat then. :D
I think playing it back in the day will always prove the best experience.

I've played about a minute on one version. It was either N64 or VC. :p I am kinda looking forward to it! :D

I've played about a minute on one version. It was either N64 or VC. :p I am kinda looking forward to it! :D

Hold the fuck up. You mean you have literally collected every single DS game out there, including all those sissy girl games. Yet, you've never played this?

Whats the matter with you?!

You can't even use the excuse that you didn't have a 64, because Nintendo have whored this out on 3 different consoles. You had the 64 original, the Master Quest/Original version you got with Wind Waker, the Zelda Collector's Edition one, the one on the Virtual Console.

:shakehead

Looking forward to playing this for the first time.

Yeah, I've got to echo what some people have said and everyone else will think, WTF?!

I don't know who you are any more...

Please tell me that those icons are finger friendly. I do not have Jeremy Beadle hands and do not wish to play clumsily with both face buttons and a stylus.

The use of resistive touch screen really holds this system back.