NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Did you take advantage of that deal? And if not, any plans to get the game at some point?

Nah, no plans to get the game.

You'd be doing yourself a mis-service there, young Lost Mario. Goldeneye has been a phenomenal romp.

Black Ops on the 360 is keeping me busy.

Where's the place selling this the cheapest?

£20 at PC World online or instore, using the gift guide £5 voucher

£20 at PC World online or instore, using the gift guide £5 voucher
The free £5 gift voucher (at least the one I got) cannot be used with online purchases. So unless Goldeneye is also £24.99 in store and you get a chance to use the voucher there, £24.99 is the best price.

The free £5 gift voucher (at least the one I got) cannot be used with online purchases. So unless Goldeneye is also £24.99 in store and you get a chance to use the voucher there, £24.99 is the best price.

Its instore as well, saw it on Saturday.

Correct about in store only, just read the small print on the voucher.

Sweet! Be heading in store then!

Good girl! Just replayed the Dam on Agent, but this time went around and did a bit of exploring. Man, there are a lot of cool sites to see in that level! Much less linear than I initially expected.

Obviously, "everyone" would agree that it is while GameInformer would disagree. ;)

just beat the game on easy mode and boy is it a blast :D

Have been playing multiplayer as much as I can and it's just awesome.

I'd give it 9/10

As much as I hate to sound like a fanboy, this game really is worth the purchase. The campaign is meaty, a good length and the choice of stealth/all guns blazing makes it really worth playing through. Story has been updated to one that, albeit isn't better than the original, is far more streamlined and suitable for a video game.

Multiplayer is awesome as soag already said. I haven't had too much time to play it but I'm loving it when I do. Trying to get my Kill/Death Ratio up to 2.00 (currently at 1.90!). Really good fun and not even Black Ops multiplayer has deterred me from using my free time playing this.

So please buy. Add me as a friend. And let us pwn all!

This game is indeed increadible, I knew this game wasn't the goldeneye I grew up with, but at the same time it had that charm and truth is, I hope they bring out more of the olden James Bond movies put into games, now that movies are not in the making at the moment, gaming is the best way to continue the bond series. Having a new theme with the older bond films into games would kick ass, especially if they stick close to the books done by Ian Flemming.

Anyway this game deserves a good juicy 7/10 :D I look forward to playing more :D

Is it just a graphical update of the original with some "minor" tweaks and has (for some bullshit reason) Daniel Craig in it?

Is it just a graphical update of the original with some "minor" tweaks and has (for some bullshit reason) Daniel Craig in it?

No, it's far more. They've completely updated the story to modernise it. The game is like a reimagining, it keeps all the core Goldeneye goodness, but slightly reworked. But if you're looking for a graphical update of the original, this isn't it. It's a fantastic game though, I love it!

@EEVILMURRAY

You must've been living behind the moon since E3... ;)

They call it "re-imagining". A remake as you describe it is impossible due to the rights being scattered to the four winds.

For this, they hired a writer (co-writer of the Goldeneye Movie), had him rewrite Goldeneye's story in a modern context (vs. cold war) and then they build a game around it with what actors they could muster. There is a dam, a facility, a tank chase, a satellite and a winter level, but they're not necessarily in the same order and they won't look or play the same.

This game is indeed increadible...

Anyway this game deserves a good juicy 7/10 :D I look forward to playing more :D

Out of interest, what comes after "increadible" in your rating scale, when "increadible" translates to 7/10? Having to choose a rating from 1-10, a game I find incredible would be an 8, while a competent but slightly flawed game would be a 7. ;) Well, I wouldn't play anything I'd rate lower than 7, so I find the 1-10 scale a bit flawed in itself, but that's another matter...

Edited by Burny

I still haven't even loaded up the multiplayer part of this game yet... I will do at some point I'm sure (Black Box looks far too good a game mode to miss out on) but Call of Duty is owning me at the moment!

Are any of the Goldeneye players here looking to get Black Ops at all?

@EEVILMURRAY

Out of interest, what comes after "increadible" in your rating scale, when "increadible" translates to 7/10? Having to choose a rating from 1-10, a game I find incredible would be an 8, while a competent but slightly flawed game would be a 7. ;) Well, I wouldn't play anything I'd rate lower than 7, so I find the 1-10 scale a bit flawed in itself, but that's another matter...

Basically my score, I try to use every number in when watching a movie or game. If it's a great average game it gets a 5 or perhaps a 6.

If I say 5 it could still mean it's good. It's when I say 9/10 which is basically my version of 10/10, but I always think to myself there is no such thing as 'perfect' so I never give something 10 as there could always be improvement.

It may sound confusing, buuut yeah I just like to try and use all the numbers :heh: People give out 9's today so easily :p

finally know what bugged me about the controlls(the shakyness if you move the IR) never had the problem in most shooters, and can only see it as a disadvantage because you lose pricision when you need it.

now i know how to turn that off, go to customise and go to control styles and turn "Look"option off. Now it plays just like any other shooter on wii(like rs2 and metroid prime 3)

Anyone else turned that option off aswell?

Marcel, I have never had this problem. Sure, maybe if I need to reposition my hands for comfort you jerk about, but I wouldn't say you loose precision - you definately gain precision with IR, i'm hoinestly getting headshot after headshot.

Take this as an edit to my last post :D

That "bullshit" reason you mention would probably be Pierce Brosnan's lawyers kicking Activision's balls if they sold his face in a game without his permission.

Marcel, I have never had this problem. Sure, maybe if I need to reposition my hands for comfort you jerk about, but I wouldn't say you loose precision - you definately gain precision with IR, i'm hoinestly getting headshot after headshot.

I play with IR, but find the default expericence(1,2 and 3) settings a little off, only thing i changed it that the camera is not automatically following the cursor. My camera only turns when i leave the bouding box.

Its allot more comfortable, and plays just like red steel 2 on sensitive and metroid prime 3 on advanced.