N-Europe

Wii Party!

Owen

Jesus Christ, people.

Why do party games get so much hate these days? Seriously, what's up with the negativity? I'm so tired of people complaining about games that aren't targeted at them in the first place.

bad games are bad no matter who they are targetted at.

besides these games usually claim they're aiming at everyone. At least nintendo claims it does.

Don't get me wrong though there have been some great party games in history and a few on the wii.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

besides these games usually claim they're aiming at everyone. At least nintendo claims it does.

Don't get me wrong though there have been some great party games in history and a few on the wii.

So your just assuming this will be bad? I'd agree that a lot of 'party' games aren't of a great quality but to just assume this game will be rubbish is stupid. Especially when you consider this is a 'Wii ---' game, all of those, bar Wii Music, have been fun and enjoyable.

Heck, I actually like Wii Music. Shit, did I just say that? Don't judge me!

So, Nintendo announces a party game, so it's okay to crap on it because we're certain it will bad? What kind of mindset is that?

EDIT: I now see bstmte has already made this point :heh:

I'm sure mcj was just referring to party shovelware on Wii in general rather than this specific game guys.

I'm sure this will be good. Fun even. But you can't accuse people of complaining when a company who thrives on originality announces something which, by the sounds of it, will be Nintendo's take on what Ubi Soft and EA shit out on Wii every month.

Hardly exciting.

I'm sure mcj was just referring to party shovelware on Wii in general rather than this specific game guys.

I'm sure this will be good. Fun even. But you can't accuse people of complaining when a company who thrives on originality announces something which, by the sounds of it, will be Nintendo's take on what Ubi Soft and EA shit out on Wii every month.

Hardly exciting.

I don't think every single game that Nintendo makes has to be original though and whilst EA and Ubi Soft do make a lot of these games, like you've just said, most of them are shit. Maybe Nintendo just want to make a definitive party game on Wii.

So your just assuming this will be bad? I'd agree that a lot of 'party' games aren't of a great quality but to just assume this game will be rubbish is stupid. Especially when you consider this is a 'Wii ---' game, all of those, bar Wii Music, have been fun and enjoyable.

Heck, I actually like Wii Music. Shit, did I just say that? Don't judge me!

well the graphically empowering screenshots don't give me much hope :)

No i'd say this will be one of nintendo's OK titles. 70ish quality. Better than wii music but worse than wii sports resort.

But thats just a complete guess :D

I like a few wii party games like boom blox( only the first mind) and the raving rabbits titles ( the first 2 anyway)

Yeah. I'm gonna try not to knock it til I've tried it.

What has there been so far? Play, Sports, Fit and Music? All four of those are quality so Party will hopefully turn out to be something fun too.

you think MUSIC is quality but diss metroid? what was your address again?

haha pretty much ya :)

you think MUSIC is quality but diss metroid? what was your address again?

Come for a visit any time. We'll have a great laugh playing Wii Music then a yawntastic time with Metroid and maybe then you'll agree with me. :hehe:

Edited by darksnowman

I can't recall walking through boring and repetitive corridors in Wii Music and then having to backtrack for power ups which I had in the first place - so Wii Music wins.

No, in all seriousness, I know Metroid is a quality game and I'm sure it's great but it's really not my cup of tea. I'm just trying to prove a point that not EVERYONE thinks Wii Music is a pile of shit because some people actually played it for more than 10 minutes.

Before you ask, I did indeed buy and play a LOT of Metroid Prime before I finally gave up due to being bored shitless.

Oh dear lord I've just realised something.

Why did my brain make that connection :(

But anyway umm...yeah I like a good party game. Been meaning to pick up MP8 if I ever find it cheap enough. And I know that my Mii is a visual representation of me but I feel the Mario characters have more life.

I'd rather be Yoshi than myself.

Oh dear lord I've just realised something.

Why did my brain make that connection :(

But anyway umm...yeah I like a good party game. Been meaning to pick up MP8 if I ever find it cheap enough. And I know that my Mii is a visual representation of me but I feel the Mario characters have more life.

we like to party! wii like to party! NOOOO!

No, in all seriousness, I know Metroid is a quality game and I'm sure it's great but it's really not my cup of tea.

In the words of MJ; You are not alone. I am here with you!

That being said, Other M is mouth-watering. Not only does it look like my cup o' tea but also my sexy hobnobz dunked right in :D

Do forgive for my off topicness.

You'd opt for playing as a green, drowzy, horny dinosaur over your Mii? You need some confidence building because you are a unique and special person, and cover your ears if anyone tells you any different.

Wario or DK is acceptable, but Yoshi?... Now that's broken.

In the words of MJ; You are not alone. I am here with you!

That being said, Other M is mouth-watering. Not only does it look like my cup o' tea but also my sexy hobnobz dunked right in :D

Do forgive for my off topicness.

You'd opt for playing as a green, drowzy, horny dinosaur over your Mii? You need some confidence building because you are a unique and special person, and cover your ears if anyone tells you any different.

The terrible thing is... DONKEY KONG ISN'T PLAYABLE IN RECENT MARIO PARTY GAMES :hmm:

Why do Nintendo hate Donkey Kong so much?! :red:

1) I don't see my Mii as me, but rather just a caricature and merely a visual representation (like a photo, it does not have a personality)

2) As unique and special as I may be its nowhere near as unique as I would be if I was a green dinosaur that eats everything :p

donkey kong wasnt even in mario and sonic at the olympics:(

:nono:Unbelievable! :nono:

I never did get the fact that, once Bowser came into the picture, DK suddenly became a friendly ape in the Mario Party series.

He started out as a bad princess-kidnapping ape and he should've stayed that way.

I've always dreamt of a Paper Mario game in which all the enemies Mario has ever faced plotted against the good-for-nu'n mustachiod fiend:hehe:

Such a game would be beyond epic and in the heart-raping zone.

ON TOPIC

If it has online and is as good as Mario Party 6, I'm game:hehe:

Such a low paced party game is perfect for Wii-speak.:hug:

:nono:Unbelievable! :nono:

I never did get the fact that, once Bowser came into the picture, DK suddenly became a friendly ape in the Mario Party series.

He started out as a bad princess-kidnapping ape and he should've stayed that way.

I always thought that was just a big misunderstanding.

Well, basically, DK had a kid and soon after took a long hard look in the mirror. Realising he now had to learn responsibility, he asked himself if he should really continue to set such a bad example to his son. He turned his life around thanks to some counselling sessions and learned to deal with his feelings of parental abandonment and the abuse he suffered at the hands of his cruel owner that manifested itself in an insatiable urge to kidnap women and take them to the top of structurally unsound construction sites.

Excerpt taken from Donkey Kong's best-selling auto biography, 'The Monkey On My Back'

On topic: Mario Party was great fun, even the bad ones were good if you had enough people to play them! I was hoping they'd release one more just as a sort of send off for the series if they were gonna retire it. I'd love to play some of the old games with wii controls and play through some of the old boards. Bumper balls was epic!

Also, why are people getting so pissed off over this? For one they've hardly released any info on it. Plus they will have other games in the works for the hard core but they also need to satisfy the HUUUUGE market that by into things like wii sports, mario kart wii fit etc. Nintendo is a business after all.

Isn't the Donkey Kong we have now the son of the original who is now Cranky Kong?

The Kong's family tree is so complex it's tough to know.

isn't cranky kong of the rare created characters though? Probably why we never see him anymore

isn't cranky kong of the rare created characters though? Probably why we never see him anymore

Yeah, though I remember seeing a development video where they said that that's who Cranky was meant to be. Wither way, it wouldn't make much sense for them to make him a bad guy now after all the times he's been the good guy.

Would still be cool to see though.