NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Godamnit. All I can do is pre load it on steam. Sucks to be a pc user.

Not really.

So what if its early? Stats shall be wiped this early.

WaW used the MW engine, this uses the MW2 engine which is a huge step up and they are also improving on it for example they use the same mo-cap as Avatar did.

They all use the Quake 3 engine. Superior to nearly all Unreal 3 Engine games amusingly ;) it is a different matter capitalising on actual tech. Infinity Ward did a great job.

It does look and feel dated in some respects obviously. Aspects like animation and lighting are quite dated. The scripted animation stuff is good but in gameplay you can see its very last gen. Level design is limited compared to many games now. I think they have done exceptionally well but it has the feel of an old pc game.

Anyone here played MOH? Worth checking out quickly?

So what if its early? Stats shall be wiped this early.

They all use the Quake 3 engine. Superior to nearly all Unreal 3 Engine games amusingly ;) it is a different matter capitalising on actual tech. Infinity Ward did a great job.

It does look and feel dated in some respects obviously. Aspects like animation and lighting are quite dated. The scripted animation stuff is good but in gameplay you can see its very last gen. Level design is limited compared to many games now. I think they have done exceptionally well but it has the feel of an old pc game.

Even if the stats got wiped, I would still like to play early. My point is that steam is almost taunting me, as I definitely need to wait till next tuesday before I can play this.

Also, playing MW2 on the pc, I have to question how accurately one can say Infinity Ward did a good job. IWnet sucks like you would not believe and hackers run rampant. Really cant wait to move onto black ops.

I heard it's a bag of shit.

Where's everyone buying this from then?

Best I've seen so far is Tesco Entertainment at £34.99.

Last year the supermarkets had a price war and Morrisons and Sainsbury's had it for £26, hoping for the same this year otherwise I might go to my local Blockbuster's midnight launch...

Rumour has it Sainsburys are going to repeat their £26 offer, although this time I'd expect it to be tied to a "Spend £xx in store" deal or some other stipulation.

If you've a copy of Medal of Honor kicking around you'll be able to trade that that in at HMV and take Black Ops home for £7.99.

errrrrrm what? Who you order with :)

Game. Got the mail confirming the shippin this morning. Maybe since I'm in Portugal they decided to ship earlier so I'd have it on release for sure, but it's never taken anything more than 3 days to get here, so I'm hoping friday!

Oh man, I really don't want to go and queue at 7am in Sainsburys again.

I don't want to.

But I probably will..

Yeah if there is a good deal i may buy.

Also, playing MW2 on the pc, I have to question how accurately one can say Infinity Ward did a good job. IWnet sucks like you would not believe and hackers run rampant. Really cant wait to move onto black ops.

Yeah multiplatform games in general are terrible on pc when not supported. Treyarch should be better though. I am not taking chances though. PS3 it is.:p Treyarch will move away as soon as they can. Its inevitable with these types of publishers.

Amazon at £40, hopefully if the supermarkets do a price war amazon will match it, or at least lower their price. They did last year, they have a price guarantee thing where if it is lower than when you ordered it they will refund the difference.

It's £34.90 on Tesco Entertainment with code CODPreOrder-1, plus 8% Quidco.

I just pre-ordered. I don't really care how fast I get it, I'm not getting up at 6am to go to Sainsburys again.

I probably would if this was MW3 by IW, but....

Game. Got the mail confirming the shippin this morning. Maybe since I'm in Portugal they decided to ship earlier so I'd have it on release for sure, but it's never taken anything more than 3 days to get here, so I'm hoping friday!

Mine got shipped on Wednesday from GAME but you get another email saying that although it has been shipped early the posties will be keeping a hold of it until release day.

They probably just want to get their money earlier.

I got MW2 four days early. Everyone warned about resets/bans and it never happened.

They probably just want to get their money earlier.

I got MW2 four days early. Everyone warned about resets/bans and it never happened.

They can't ban you for playing a game early. It's hardly your fault that it came early. Resets are fair enough if they want to but it's unlikely because the developers and testers will have been playing it for ages.

Anyone planning a supermarket midnight launch be prepared to queue. I heard last night we've already taken 500 pre-orders, rumours are our store should receive 3,000 copies of the game. Which is quite mental for a supermarket. I'd imagine the majority of people coming to launch won't have pre-ordered a copy either.