N-Europe

Your greatest gaming achievement?

Pancake

Mine is completing Resident Evil (REmake) on the Gamecube on every mode, including invisible, and and getting a message from Shinji Mikami at the end basically saying "Capcom make games for players like you!". Felt really special.

At the moment i'm trying for all the gold skulltulas in Ocarina of Time, but i'm at 61 of 100, and have no idea where the rest are. I might just give up, because a walkthrough spoils the satisfaction anyway...

hm not thats its very hard..

but completing Metal gear solid 2 on european extreme

metal gear solid twin snakes on the highest level too( I think it was just called extreme)

was never able to collect the dogtags though but in european extreme there are none.

Am Completing Super ghouls and ghosts and getting the good ending.

Completing super mario world 100%( Again i know its not much but im finding it hard to thik of shit here)

Completing thunderforce IV lol.. THAT game was tough.

Catching all the 150 Pokémon in Blue certainly counts, right? (Unfortunately, the best I got with Silver was 248...Damn you, Raikou)

Beating Chapter 7 in Very Hard in F-Zero GX. I beat that chapter and all I got was that stupid Pink Spider, but it was incredibly satisfying.

Jumpin' Jack Flash in Hard Rock (eve though it's satisfying to do it in any difficulty, really)

Any (decent) puzzle game I beat without looking at a guide.

Also, in a world where gaming secrets were there for those who found them (as opposed to those who checked a guide), I was the first kid in school to find out about the secret ending to Kirby's Dream Land 2, by diligently searching for the Rainbow Pieces in every single level. Damn, it felt good to find everything when no one else even suspected they existed (and we're talking about a popular game back then).

Damn, it felt good to find everything when no one else even suspected they existed (and we're talking about a popular game back then).

I know. I'm trying to train my brain to forget that walkthroughs exist so it feels like the innocent pre-guide era again!

Probably my Wipeout HD platinum trophy. I mention it quite a lot on this forum, and that's because it is hard. And deserves bragging rights.

I did one run of MGS4 without being spotted and without killing anyone, which was quite cool.

There's been a fair few but overall my biggest achievement really is my completion rate, very rarely do I get beaten.

Sometimes my online shooter ability gets to the stratosphere, but I guess those are all individual moments not quite deserving of this thread.

Guest Captain Falcon

Beating all of the story mode on Very Hard in F-Zero GX springs to mind first and foremost.

Completing Viewtiful Joe on Super V-Rated wasn't exactly a cake walk either.

I also got all 150 creatures on my original Pokémon Red and was rather proud of my little diploma... for as long as it took me to transfer my best ones to Pokémon Stadium and start over again.

Just thought of something. I beat Ocarina of Time without getting the Fire Tunic on my first play through - still have the game save.

i got past the title screen of Prime: Hunters once

no WAY! now i KNOW you're lying!

Beating all of the story mode on Very Hard in F-Zero GX springs to mind first and foremost.

i was never able to do the final mission on very hard.. Its a loong track and the serious amount of times you fall off is crazy. I don't blame the game for making you start the race over because you're finished if you fall anyway... It's almost helping you.,

Guest Captain Falcon

i was never able to do the final mission on very hard.. Its a loong track and the serious amount of times you fall off is crazy. I don't blame the game for making you start the race over because you're finished if you fall anyway... It's almost helping you.,

Look at my name and avatar :p - you either drive perfectly or you have to start over, there's no leeway at all.

Look at my name and avatar :p - you either drive perfectly or you have to start over, there's no leeway at all.

God I never liked controlling falcon in the game... Was always octoman..

Did you ever get all the weird ass endings!?..

evertime you completed arcade with a character you could go on their profile and watch a random movie..

fucking awesome game :D

Guest Captain Falcon
God I never liked controlling falcon in the game... Was always octoman..

Did you ever get all the weird ass endings!?..

evertime you completed arcade with a character you could go on their profile and watch a random movie..

fucking awesome game :D

I think I'm just missing one which would be Dai Goroh but I know I definitley have all the rest.

I use the Blue Falcon almost exclusively - completed every cup on every difficulty and normally only select it in time trial too. Not an issue for the main game but when it comes to competitive times, you'll never get close.

That said, I did manage to beat one of the staff ghosts with the Blue Falcon which probably impressed me more finishing story mode.

Catching all the 150 Pokémon in Blue certainly counts, right? (Unfortunately, the best I got with Silver was 248...Damn you, Raikou)

I got 148ish in Pokemon Blue (by legitimate means), then I accidentally put an action replay code in wrong and erased my save. After that, I just used the action replay to get all 150.

Man, being forced to use Falcon on Story Mode was what pissed me off the most (why can't I use The Skull, or the Fat Shark?), though I managed to complete it on Very Hard, so it's all good.

I did get all the character movies, by the way. PJ's was awesome :grin:

Beating Guitar Hero 1 and 2 on Expert.

Beating "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert (Guitar Hero III)

Beating Rock Band 1 on Expert Drums

Beating "The Endless Setlist 2" on Rock Band 2 (six hours solid, no toilet breaks, batteries even lasted the whole time.)

Getting a medal on every planet on Lylatwars.

There must be moar...

Guest Captain Falcon

If you enter the top of death mountain and go to the right hand side where the bomb-able wall is, you can jump down and land on some beams which will allow you to walk on to the entrance.

I used a crap load of faeries to survive but not every room saps your health. The problem I had was that once I'd done that, the Goron had gone that opens the secret path and as such I couldn't get the tunic as the shop won't sell it to yo until you've had it once.

Getting a medal on every planet on Lylatwars.

I also did that but never really felt it was much of an accomplishment except for Sector Z on Expert.

Mine are a bit weak:

* Getting all 120 Shine Sprites in Super Mario Sunshine.

* Finding it relatively easy to get through all the levels on Ghouls & Ghosts and Super Ghouls & Ghosts (I've never completed them properly because of time constraints).

* Defeating all the post-game bosses in Dragon Quest VIII before getting the "Dragon Soul" spell.

Guest Captain Falcon
Mine are a bit weak:

* Getting all 120 Shine Sprites in Super Mario Sunshine.

* Finding it relatively easy to get through all the levels on Ghouls & Ghosts and Super Ghouls & Ghosts (I've never completed them properly because of time constraints).

* Defeating all the post-game bosses in Dragon Quest VIII before getting the "Dragon Soul" spell.

If you got all the blue coins without a guide, I'd say that is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Very nice! This probably took a *really* long time.

Some that spring to mind:

Completing Legend of Zelda (NES)

OK, so this is nothing new, but I started playing the game when it first came out and I finished it for the first time ever early this year! Woot!

100% on GTA III, GTA: VC, GTA: SA, GTA: LCS, GTA: VCS

Not exactly difficult, but very time consuming. Unlike some achievements, this never felt like a chore (except that bloody paramedic mission in GTA III). I still have to finish Chinatown Wars.

F-Zero GX Story Mode - Very Hard

As others have said, one of the most ultimately satisfying experiences known to nerd.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 100%

I don't remember much about this except it was my first TH game and it took me ages - big satisfaction.

Completing Super Monkey Ball Master mode

I was up until the early hours trying to beat Master Level 3. I finally completed it by falling in the goal from a height after almost two hours of failed attempts.

Super Smash Bros Melee / Brawl 100%

All 290 trophies in SSBM and all 544 trophies, 700 stickers in SSBB. Some of the requirements were tough - one of which included defeating all ten bosses without losing a life.

Starting a game of Might and Magic IV

I had a bootleg copy. The lockout system was to ask the player what the xth word on line y on page z of the instruction manual was (which I didn't have).

First I wrote down a list of words I thought might appear in the manual, then for each attempt, I crossed off that word for the x,y,z values that were asked of me.

Eventually I got the right word. It took a *long* time.

If you got all the blue coins without a guide, I'd say that is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Someone else on these boards said they did this. I forget who it was now. Godly.