N-Europe

The Android Thread

david.dakota

So I bought a Bluetooth keyboard. It works.

The only problem...it has a QWERTZ layout (Germany) but whenever I write texts my Nexus uses the QWERTY layout, which is quite annoying since I want/have to use üäö.

Don't want to change the system language to German. I also have set the input language to "German QWERTZ". Doesn't work :(

Help.

Hey @Cube (I think you got this setup in the past) I was thinking of getting my Dualshock working on my Nexus 7 but without root, since I don't really want to go down that path. I read you need an OTG cable along with the standard charging cable for the pad, but I really wanted to get it working wireless.

I read here that you can pair the controller after connecting up your controller via wires if your system firmware is ice cream sandwhich or later. Have you managed to get it working wireless this way?

Going to give a shout out to this cheeky chappy

moto-g-leaked-photo.jpg

Great specs sim free for £130! Sterling buy for those who don't need something as flashy as the Nexus 5.

As a side note: people talking about last year's N7 performing poorly - I think turn out to be a Google Currents (Or Pulse?) issue, or something like that? There was some app that seemed to be causing issues with 2012 Nexus 7's which I removed and now the thing runs like a dream again. Would love this years version but I can't justify the upgrade - mine's still running seamlessly.

Updated my apps for the first time in ages last night. When did Chrome change so you can't swipe between tabs anymore?

Hadn't even noticed! :o:(

Just got 4.4 on my Nexus 7 2013 model, my old model got it a couple of days ago...

New font takes a bit getting used to, but yeah. Not much changed. Favourite feature is the automatic phone number lookup but that only applies to phones.

Is anyone else finding problems with KitKat?

My Nexus 7 (2013 model) is now generally much slower... Chrome crashes a lot. There's a bug where when I change the volume, you don't see the volume indicator change live (but it's changed next time it comes up)

Also the white icons look shit and the "OK Google" function doesn't work without setting your language to English US.

The date format is also a mess on my homepage clock widget (no spaces sometimes).

Exactly what use is Android 4.4 so far?

Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of Google and Android. I constantly find their websites are buggy, Android crashes, Chrome crashes....

I'm not happy with 4.4 either. One of the problems is the launcher I'm using, which uses the new transparency settings (which I don't want) and he has no intention of making it an option. Although I think I've found an alternative launcher.