NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

If we are lucky to be treated to the 3DS before Xmas, I can see it being the number 1 Christmas product.

If we do get it before Christmas I will forgive NoE for screwing us over with Kirby, providing they launch it with OOT 3D. :D

At least when the DS got it's US release months ahead of us, we had The Minish Cap to keep us busy - a game better than anything the DS had seen by time of it's EU release.

Also remember that the Wii launched worldwide within 3 weeks, all before Christmas! It'd be great to see it outsell Kinect by a mile, which I'm positive it would do! Although, if they do release it here before Christmas they CAN'T use Jedward to advertise it!

That would ruin its chances. I'm not joking there, I really do feel that their use will hurt Nintendo this Christmas, and if the 3DS is advertised with them it'll hurt its sales unless they back it up with loads of advertising that just shows the machine off and doesn't include them.

Or, perhaps the fact that they're headlining Nintendo's Christmas adverts is a sign a new machine's not coming out until 2011....?

At least when the DS got it's US release months ahead of us, we had The Minish Cap to keep us busy - a game better than anything the DS had seen by time of it's EU release.

I can't help thinking theres a reason why we are not getting Kirby in 2010 and everywhere else is...It's not as though we're over-run with first-party wii games till Christmas and the title barely has any text to localise!

It's probably wishful thinking...but maybe, just maybe..Europe may well see the 3DS in 2010..therefore Kirby has been moved to next year as obviously it would be well and truly over-shadowed by this launch?

Like i said, wishful thinking..we'll probably still see the 3DS in March, last as always and be given 'Flingsmash' as an apology for kirby's late arrival.

I've been stumped for ages on this. All this talk of a console launch has reminded me of it again.

Who was that chap that was the very popular NOE exec? I think he was at NOA first, then moved over to NOE. He might have actually gone back to America briefly before he left, but he was very very popular among European gamers, almost regarded as a demi-god. Notably he promised the Wii would launch in Europe 12 weeks maximum after America.

Help me out here.

The DSi, XL and DS Lite seem to be getting reduced and discounted to clearance in several retailers including the supermarkets and possibly Argos. Don't want to get too excited, but perhaps the retailers know the 3DS is coming out this Christmas? And have decided to reduce the current consoles now as they won't sell as well once the 3DS is here. It's a possibility.

I think all hope has been dashed seeing as both UK/Europe and Australia are now getting new DSi XL colours next month...seems like NOE haven't sold enough XL'S and may release these as a stop-gap for the release of the 3DS next year!

Never known Nintendo to release new colours of a console then a month or so later a brand new console...so it's looking more like a 2011 release. September 29th can't come soon enough!

It's just colours though, hardly going to do anything really. Doubt there are many folk who have been holding back all that time in the hopes of a new colour. But that's just me.

Plus DSi XL isn't anything special.

I think all hope has been dashed seeing as both UK/Europe and Australia are now getting new DSi XL colours next month...seems like NOE haven't sold enough XL'S and may release these as a stop-gap for the release of the 3DS next year!

Never known Nintendo to release new colours of a console then a month or so later a brand new console...so it's looking more like a 2011 release. September 29th can't come soon enough!

It's still possible though, as the DS Lite is still being sold even after the DSi and DSi XL were released. Maybe they just want to increase the longetivity of the DSi XL?

Then again they tried that with the Gameboy by releasing the Gameboy Micro and it just got completely overshadowed by the DS, so who knows.

We be geting it this year becuse they trademarked 3DSWARE

Australian 3DSWare trademark suggests 2010 release date

Australia-3DSWare-Trademark.jpg

Yep, another trademark for 3DSWare has been registered, this time down in my wonderful homeland of Australia. What is interesting about this trademark though is that the Acceptance Advertised date, the date on which the trademark probably should have been revealed, is September 30th. That in itself isn’t anything special, but if you take into account that for both the Wii and DSi, the Acceptance Advertised dates were both two and three months before the launch of those respective devices, it means we could see the Nintendo 3DS launched in Australia during 2010. And, if that’s the case, you can be sure other regions like North America and Japan will be getting it soon too.

3DSWare trademarked again, but this time in Europe

3DSWare-Trademark.jpg

Still doubting that the Nintendo 3DS will have a 3DSWare platform? And as GoNintendo suggests, “With the filings already wrapped up for Europe and Japan, you have to wonder if that rumored Nov. 20th release date could end up being the real deal.†The next couple of months are going to be very interesting

Source http://nintendo3dsblog.com/3dsware-trademarked-again-but-this-time-in-europe

trade1_3ds.jpg

trade1_3ds_2.j

The DSi is awesome, but I bought it knowing full well the 3DS is on its way. The screens are so much better than the Lite and it has more RAM, which has got to help the games run smoothly. Having played about 200 hours on Dragon Quest IX (which is the only reason I bought one), I have to say it was well worth it, although it wouldn't be if you don't intend to play any more DS games.

I believe the language is Korean though.

:oPAPER MARIO:o

anyone?

Paper Mario? Hells yes from me. Would think that would be awesome for a launch title. One of the games i'm really looking forward to. Well, make that one of the *many*. Oh so much to buy...

Nintendo3DSBlog = Simultaneous Launches?

Jeff, a reader has left a comment on the blog in regards to the release date for the 3DS. He writes that:

“The computers for Gamestop have added the Nintendo 3DS in the system now, along with 18 games and 14 accessories listed as available for taking pre-orders on September 29th. They also have a listed a shipping date of November 22nd. (Since postal services are out on weekends, the Nov 20/2010 Sat is the most logical release date, as the orders would be delivered on Monday the 22nd).”

With all the signs pointing towards a November 20th release date, I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t come to fruition. It also seems like we could be getting a worldwide launch. Or, at least a launch in all the major regions within a short time frame.

'All signs' if you'd call it point to Japan for a Nov 20th release if anything. That's the first it's been for North America and don't thing's come out on a Sunday over there anyway? Pretty sure deliveries would be delivered prior to the release date. Not to mention - I think - 3DSWare hasn't even been trademarked for there yet, but that might not hold much ground.

I just don't believe that GS part at all though. Just sounds like cross wiring :heh:

No point dismissing it as definently not coming out this year though. More suggesting it is rather than not for Japan atleast. Although there has been wishful thinking so far.

I'd rather just get the date so there would stop being so much speculation and theories over it.

Edited by ShadowV7

I'd love to see a simultaneous release, but there would probably big shortages of the device particularly during Christmas here in Europe. I'm fairly sure the DS sales are huge in Japan and where the majority of sales are so it's probably sensible to release it just in that territory before Christmas. The other thing is that if it was released here in Europe in November/December and there were shortages, the 3DS would probably go for very high prices on eBay like the Wii did, and I'm sure Nintendo don't want consumers to profit like that.

New Nintendo 3DS Hardware Info

While it remains uncertain whether or not we'll see the Nintendo 3DS released in western territories before the end of 2010, we have received new information regarding the hardware powering the 3D-enabled handheld.

IGN has learned that the Nintendo 3DS will pack not one, but two 266MHz ARM11 CPUs, along with a 133MHz GPU, 4MBs of dedicated VRAM, 64MBs of RAM, and 1.5GBs of flash storage. The information comes from persons familiar with the hardware who spoke to us under the condition of anonymity.

While we were unable to determine which variation of the ARM11 processors the 3DS will feature, we now have a better sense of the system's capabilities. Currently there are a number of devices being powered by the ARM11, including the Zune HD, a variety of Android smartphones, and prior to the introduction of Apple's A4 processor, the iPhone and iPod touch.

As we learned in June, the 3DS' GPU has been named DMP's PICA200, which features a maximum processing speed of roughly 200MHz, though it seems Nintendo is scaling it back a bit for use in the 3DS. Numerous developers working on software for the platform have likened its graphical capabilities to current-generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, albeit on smaller, lower-resolution screens.

The handheld will also have substantially larger storage capacity than preceding models, jumping from only 256MBs on the DSi to 1.5GBs of flash memory on the 3DS. The total drive space can, of course, be expanded using the 3DS' SD card slot.

We've contacted Nintendo for comment, so stay tuned for updates.

Edited by Dante