NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I'd love to get it this year, but it was to be expected. They barely had anything in a truly playable form at E3.

I'd love to get it this year, but it was to be expected. They barely had anything in a truly playable form at E3.

Would we see it agian this year I hope so and I hope they do a Nintendo 3DS event near me or demo kiosks at Game.

Wonder what the 'home' button (ala wii) will be for?

Indicates that a channel setup may be in place? Does the DSi have a home button?

Indicates that a channel setup may be in place? Does the DSi have a home button?

Kinda, you just press the power button to return to the system menu.

Well if these rumours about better online support end up being true then it could very well be something similar to the Xbox 360s Blade menu when you press the home button. Brings up achievements/friends list etc.

Kinda, you just press the power button to return to the system menu.

It's kind of long overdue to have a button specifically for accessing the menu on DS.

It's always been a fucking joke that you have to power off the system to go back to menu on a regular DS/DSlite, but worse is the fact that any time you change a setting you have to power off.

It's kind of long overdue to have a button specifically for accessing the menu on DS.

It's always been a fucking joke that you have to power off the system to go back to menu on a regular DS/DSlite

Pray tell, why? Seriously, what reason would you have to return to the menu whilst playing a game on the DS? You'd have to turn it off to swap the game out as it is. Those two seconds it took to turn the console off and on again sure are precious to some..

Pray tell, why? Seriously, what reason would you have to return to the menu whilst playing a game on the DS? You'd have to turn it off to swap the game out as it is. Those two seconds it took to turn the console off and on again sure are precious to some..

yeah let's face it, why would you ever go to the home menu :/

You may want to quickly use Pictochat.

People do use Pictochat....right?

Oh lulz. I read that the gold and purple ones were just the black ones reflecting lights, but those pics certainly look actually coloured. Winza.

Haha!

I was waiting for him to say the Nintendo stole Sony's motion controls as well.

Too many flaws per square inche than anything I've ever seen.

I wouldn't actually put it past Sony to have commissioned this as a viral video, especially after that Marcus kid debuted at E3.

"A HARDCORE GAMER LIKE ME WOULDN'T REALLY CARE FOR THE TOUCH SCREEN."

This kid makes me want to die.

Now that the Americans won't get their hands on a 3DS till next year I think we could be in for a really long wait for this one. America will likely sweep this from the gamestore shelves so I expect some delay to the euro launch. Remember how long it took for Wii shortages to dissapate, I expect the same only even worse. Wii motion controls are just as difficult to demonstrate in advertising as 3D is but Nintendo have shown that word of mouth is key to success in the games market. That is assuming they don't set the price too high.

Reggie was wrong about the release in 2011 apparently,

On Friday, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime appeared on talk show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. He said that the upcoming 3D-glasses-free handheld the Nintendo 3DS will be released "next year". He, apparently, is "mistaken".

Says who? According to sources close to company's Japanese headquarters, the Nintendo of America exec made an error when he stated that the Nintendo 3DS would be out next year. Good thing he didn't do that on nation-wide television!

[...]

http://kotaku.com/5574144/nintendo-exec-mistaken-about-nintendo-3ds-release-date?skyline=true&s=i

Yeah I got your reply on youtube, nothing he is saying makes sense. I think he thinks the PSP was like, the birth of video gaming.

when i was this kids age i was too much fun playing super metroid and super mario world to worry about what system has better graphics or "hardcore games"

barceloneta05.jpg

Edited by or else you will DIE

That's very unlike you picking on your younger self.

I reckon it'll be released in 2011 in Europe..as much as i think it'll be daft to miss the holiday period, i just don't think it's enough time..although alot of the games were remade from past consoles..which has led me to believe that they only really need the consoles ready by November/December as the games are in the bag!

Also..GAME have started listing 3DS games for £32.99 on their website with a 2010 release..they also keep pushing the fact to add it to your wishlist and i was able to preorder one and put a deposit down during E3 week.

Fingers tightly crossed but i'm leaning towards Feb 2011.

He sounds like he is doing an impression of a working class bloke in a pub.

" I like the PSP because it's hardcore, yeah hardcore. I'll bust your skull in you ponce"

He sounds like he is doing an impression of a working class bloke in a pub.

" I like the PSP because it's hardcore, yeah hardcore. I'll bust your skull in you ponce"

"I'll bust your skull in, you ponce".

:laughing: