NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I'm actually starting to feel bad for all the people out there who'll never be able to see the system's selling point.

I have eye problems, and I'm not sure if I will be able to see the system's "selling point". Even so, I've never been more excited for a console in my life. The announced games just sounds great.

But why should someone else have to pay extra for your sake?

It can't be justified. Son.

They don't have to. It's their own call. And they only have to offer what they deem worthy, if they want to offer at all.

I believe that justifies it. If Goron 3 buys and in the off chance I buy a second one too, it's our property. We can sell it if we want.

My attitude to it will no doubt spring some bullshit karma which will fuck me over and I'l fail to even procure my own 3DS.

Yeah, I'm not saying you don't have the right to own more than 1 copy of a console at launch and re-sell it. It's obviously completely your choice. I don't mean to come off as a complete bastard myself. It's just a drag that people who can already be a bit desperate on cash have to pay that little more because of someone else's greed.

Sure they don't have to buy it if it's too much. It's their call. Like you said. But then again others don't need to just see green whenever something new hits the market. It's all down to choice.

Which brings me back to what I originally said.

If someone is going to be greedy and only think of what profit they can make at the expense of someone they've never met, then yes, I would say that they were a complete bastard.

Sure they don't have to buy it if it's too much. It's their call. Like you said. But then again others don't need to just see green whenever something new hits the market. It's all down to choice.

Which brings me back to what I originally said.

If someone is going to be greedy and only think of what profit they can make at the expense of someone they've never met, then yes, I would say that they were a complete bastard.

I agree to an extent, but whether I do it is completely factored to the release period. If it's before Christmas, I'm going to do it even if it's the most assholish period to do such a thing, if it's after, I wont bother. The main reason why I'm seeing green for this is because how much money I'm going to need starting next year to fund my over seas studies.

I know that's barely justifiable, but I've gotta think of numero uno.

Well I wouldn't really call it greed. You always get LOADS of rich people willing to pay a few hundred quid for something, just check out PS3 prices when they got released over eBay. If people are willing to pay that much, it's up to them. if it is around Christmas it means i'll have money spare and thus can spend more time revising as opposed to do shifts at work.

It's understandable you'd want to work less at holiday times. I get that. My argument was more towards people who's 'business' it is to do things like this regularly. Who make a living based on overcharging people who cannot get the product for a cheaper price. It's theft by any other name.

That is all. Over and out.

I was just reading IGN's editor impressions of the 3DS and saw Daemon Hatfield complaining he can't see the effect due to bad eyesight.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for all the people out there who'll never be able to see the system's selling point.

I wonder how well the effect works with older people with poorer or more unbalanced eyesight too...

Indeed. I started to occasionally get eyestrain after I turned 30 and I have heard that people over 30 are more susceptible to it. I've got a feeling I'm going to get my 3DS and gradually turn the 3D slider down and down until I never use it!

Still, that's not too bad as long as the graphics, resolution and games are up to standard.

It's understandable you'd want to work less at holiday times. I get that. My argument was more towards people who's 'business' it is to do things like this regularly. Who make a living based on overcharging people who cannot get the product for a cheaper price. It's theft by any other name.

That is all. Over and out.

Actually it's extortion.

I was just reading IGN's editor impressions of the 3DS and saw Daemon Hatfield complaining he can't see the effect due to bad eyesight.

Glasses won't affect the 3D effect. Maybe contact lenses are worth the hassle too.

My eyes are fail and I've already booked in to see the optician from Minority Report.

The 3DS makes it worth it...

Glasses won't affect the 3D effect. Maybe contact lenses are worth the hassle too.

My eyes are fail and I've already booked in to see the optician from Minority Report.

The 3DS makes it worth it...

Don't misunderstand. By bad eyesight, I meant to the extent he has powerful contact lenses already to correct severe issues with one eye.

I'm aware most people who require glasses aren't going to be having any trouble, but anyone with lack of sight in one eye, or at least a noticible unbalance, are going to have issues.

You can register your interest for Nintendo 3DS at game I registerd my interest for Nintendo 3DS yesterday because I seen a poster saying to register your interest for Nintendo 3DS today I don't now when they started do it and they said it might cost over £200

You can register your interest for Nintendo 3DS at game I registerd my interest for Nintendo 3DS yesterday because I seen a poster saying to register your interest for Nintendo 3DS today

Well, maybe people should register their interest for a Nintendo 3DS.

Yeah, do. Whilst you're there, preorder an Xbox 360 Slim, Kinect and PS Move from me at the Camberley branch so I can win a free Kinect. :D

Nintendo playing round with possible colours:

e3-2010-3ds-glamour-shots-20100625033456015.jpg

e3-2010-3ds-glamour-shots-20100625033509452.jpg

e3-2010-3ds-glamour-shots-20100625033501156.jpg

e3-2010-3ds-glamour-shots-20100625033458531.jpg

Cartridge: with an extra bit of plastic, to stop them going in the DS cartridge slot.

e3-2010-3ds-glamour-shots-20100625033504015_640w.jpg

Game Case:

e3-2010-3ds-glamour-shots-20100625033453531_640w.jpg

Wonder if boxarts will be 3D images?

Edited by Retro_Link

That red one is actually lush :D Looks like the same red you see on the Ferrari F1 cars ;)

The gloss concerns me. The DSi's matt finish was gorgeous, but the DSi XL, nice as it is, doesn't suit the glossy finish. It's a fingerprint magnet, and makes the system look much less sexy than it should, by rights.

Hopefully we'll get a black one. Or at least a silver or white one.

What I don't understand is why the plastic moulding around the top screen is black on all models... maybe it has something to do with the 3D screen? either way it just makes me want to get a black coloured one if the design is final.

What I don't understand is why the plastic moulding around the top screen is black on all models... maybe it has something to do with the 3D screen? either way it just makes me want to get a black coloured one if the design is final.

They're copying the MacBook Pro design.

Nintendo always play around with colours at this stage.

And then released 2 colours in Japan and one colour here.

I'm not buying a 3DS until the Purple version comes out. That shit is bitchin'.

Now that the Americans won't get their hands on a 3DS till next year I think we could be in for a really long wait for this one. America will likely sweep this from the gamestore shelves so I expect some delay to the euro launch. Remember how long it took for Wii shortages to dissapate, I expect the same only even worse. Wii motion controls are just as difficult to demonstrate in advertising as 3D is but Nintendo have shown that word of mouth is key to success in the games market. That is assuming they don't set the price too high.

I hope we get it this I don't want to wait untill next year if I got to wait next year I want to test it.