NEurope
Dyson

Festivals 2010!

Woop Woop got back from glastonbury earlier. Awesome time as always although it was fucking hot, actually wished it had rained for a bit.

Highlights :

Rodrigo y Gabriela : binned off Stevie Wonder to see them, totally the right decision. Possibly one of my favourite live shows ever.

Seeing Florence of + the machine fame twice without actualy seeing her set (did you got the love with both Dizzee and the XX)

Snoooooooooop Dawg :awesome:

ClubHenge :bowdown:

bring on next year.

Edited by Noodleman

Hellfest was excellent. Highlights for me include: Watain, Ulver, Immortal, The Devil's Blood.

Off to Latitude Festival in the morning to pretend i'm middle class and read the guardian! :o)

4th year in a row attending this festival and it gets better and better every year. They never have the biggest music headliners but there is so much more going on. Love it every bit of it!

I'm all packed and ready! Wooooo!!

Crawley circus festival in less than two weeks now! Absinthe chess, toast fairy, unicyle races, juggling gladiator, sign language workshops, camping sideways and the renegade tent. Win.

So! It's READING FESTIVAL this weekend, and this is my last sleep in a comfy bed before being one with the grass, for I have an Early Bird and will be there from tomorrow onwards. Oh yes! :D

If anyone else is going, chances are I won't see the post, but text me on 07717 756761 and we'll meet up or something. Maybe me and Twozzok will actually do so this year ._.

You totally turned your phone off last year and I couldn't get in touch with you to meet up. I hate you.

Anyway, the lineup is godawful this year so I didn't bother with going back.

You totally turned your phone off last year and I couldn't get in touch with you to meet up. I hate you.

Anyway, the lineup is godawful this year so I didn't bother with going back.

Reeaaally though? Reeaallly?

Reading, whilst being full of post-GCSE kids, always has a big and varied enough lineup to be pretty good for anyone, I swear.

Looking forward to: Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, QotSA, Phoenix, Streelight Manifesto, Libertines, Fool's Gold

Not looking forward to: The rain.

In other news, Green Man festy in Wales was real good. J-Noo, Flaming Lips, Eferklang, Mumford and Sons, Laura Marling, Beirut, folktastic. I've never seen so much rain though

Read on Twitter that Dyson lost his ticket in the queue. Sounds totally uncool.

Off to Leeds tomorrow, Weather keeps changing but so far it seems to be light rain showers and sunshine, thats enough to make me happy, hollllllllllaaaaaaaaaa.

I keep looking at the lineup altho not amazin, there is more and more bands I want to see.

Reeaaally though? Reeaallly?

Reading, whilst being full of post-GCSE kids, always has a big and varied enough lineup to be pretty good for anyone, I swear.

Looking forward to: Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, QotSA, Phoenix, Streelight Manifesto, Libertines, Fool's Gold

Not looking forward to: The rain.

In other news, Green Man festy in Wales was real good. J-Noo, Flaming Lips, Eferklang, Mumford and Sons, Laura Marling, Beirut, folktastic. I've never seen so much rain though

Right I'm gonna go look at the lineup and if there are more than like, 8 bands I'd want to see I'll eat my words.

QotsA, LostProphets, GogolBordello, ModestMouse, Weezer. I'd be willing to go see Pendulum again but I saw them not long ago so they aren't a big draw. I've also seen Gogol and LP in the last year.

Theres absolutely nothing good in the lock up tent this year either. Its changed from being a punk/alternative festival to an indie festival.

Ok, Pukkelpop was great. So, I'm going to do a little post on that.

Here are the bands that I have seen. Due to sets clashing in time, we didn't get to see the entire setlist for the bands, unfortunately.

Young Guns - Not my sort of music. My friends from Newport would probably like them, but not for me. Wouldn't really want to see again.

Ellie Goulding - I don't know her too well, but this was a great set. I recommend seeing!

The Kooks - They played a few songs that we knew, but I'm not a huge fan of them. Find them a bit boring, to be honest. They were decent, but I wouldn't recommend that you jump over ketchup to go see them.

Blink182 - Haha, nostalgiaaaa. The setlist was great, everyone knew all the songs and they knew how to put on a good show for people. I'm not a fan of their inbetween songs banter. Usually it consists of saying dick and talking about penises and screwing the bandmate's mums for 5 or so minutes. The setlist itself was great though. And also, Travis played on a revolving drumset that turned upside down. HOT. I would recommend you see them before you die.

Iron Maiden - Aaaahahahah. They know how to put on a good show. Its definitely something you have to see. They didn't play the best setlist and I don't think we were alone with that feeling. They didn't even play Run To The Hills or Can I play with Madness! But, it was great in getting us in that festival mood. I would recommend them at least once.

Goldfrapp - I enjoyed this very much, although Ine says that in the paper the next day, it was reported that they found it hard to get the crowd going. I thought it was great. We danced, we jived, we made love to the music. I would recommend them at least once, too.

Placeeeebo - They played a cover of All Apologies, which is one of my favourite Nirvana tunes. I enjoyed this set very set, although I don't think it got the crowd going as much as some of the other bands did. Still a good experience. Definitely would like to see them again.

The Flaming Lips - They don't really play "gigs." Its more like an experience. The fans are almost like cult members, hehe. I really enjoyed it, there was lots of confetti, balls being rolled in around the crowd (yes, the lead singer jumped into a big ball and crowd rolled) and its generally a happy place to be. I want to see them everyday.

The Blackbox Revelation - We heard this band outside of the tent, as it was full inside. Seemed to play a great set, so wanna see again.

Eels - They got the crowd going and it seemed like a fun place for everyone to enjoy the music and maybe dance a little. They're one of these bands that you'll enjoy when you're there, but you won't miss a great deal if you don't see them. I enjoyed it anyway.

Foals - Again, we heard them outside of their tent, and they seemed to be really rocking the place. I imagined them to sound different, but I kinda want to listen to more of their stuff now. I may be wrong and they may be one of these bands that sounds totally different live, but they seemed pretty decent. Would recommend.

Limp Bizkit - Haha, now this was nostalgia. I have to admit, Fred Durst put on a great show and most of the crowd seemed really into it. Its great that everyone knows the words so can sing along and bounce along to it, it really helped. Hearing Take A Look Around was amazing and the crowd loved it. Definitely recommend at least once.

Mumford and Sons - They blew the place down. I didn't realise that they would have such a great following in Belgium, but they did. Ine has a great video on her phone of the crowd singing along to Little Lion Man. One of my favourite music moments ever now. Definitely would recommend. :)

The Prodigy - I enjoyed this a lot. Would like to get a bit more closer to the front next time, but it was great where we were. The setlist was good, and they played most of their great stuff. Really enjoyed it and would recommend seeing them if you can.

Snow Patrol - I imagined this to be quite boring and slow, but the singer got the crowd really going. Also, I have a new found respect for him, as you could tell he was loving absolutely every single second of being on stage. He was smiling, laughing, and his eyes were beaming all night. Really enjoyed their set. Would love to see them again, which I didn't think I would have thought before, because I'm not a remotely big fan of them.

The Van Jets - Their tent was packed, but we got a spot outside and chilled out for a bit. They seem to be really good, so I want to catch them again. They're a Belgian band, so you'll be hardpushed to see them outside of there.

Ash - The second time I have seen them, and it was great. We were right at the front of the stage, so close that I could probably smell their sweat if I wanted to. :heh: Its weird seeing Russel from Bloc Party playing with them, but its nice at the same time. A new era for the band. They were great, and opening with A Life Less Ordinary made me want to musigasm. Do see them.

Selah Sue - She's Belgian, so I didn't know a lot about her. But, she's very good. Quite Reggae-ish, quite Bluesy, and pretty tasty, too. :heh: The music was good in that you could sway and move to it. Would recommend seeing her, but again, it'll be hard to outside of Belgiumland.

The Low Anthem - Didn't know a thing about this band, but they were quite quirky. Also, they got a great reception from the crowd. At one point, the singer was playing drums, harmonica and singing at the same time. Show off! Haha. Good little set. Not for everyone, but I recommend checking them out.

Two Door Cinema Club - It was packed inside the tent, so we couldn't get to be in there. But, we stood just outside it, caught some glimpses of the band and heard everything. Amazing stuff. Really love their sound. Listen to them now! Give it a try.

The National - Hmm, I wasn't really feeling this band. They were ok, but I don't think they got the crowd going much and the songs were just ok, not great but not bad either. Judge for yourself but I can live without.

Au Revoir Simone - We got into their tent and the setlist started off slower than what I thought it was going to be like, considering that they were in the Club tent. But, after the first few songs, they seemed to become awesome out of nowhere. The last song was a cover of "Boys of Summer" and it blew me away. I'm still listening to it now. There were also one or two other songs, so I'm trying to find them out, too. Definitely see them once, although they're not for everyone.

Queens of the Stone Age - Brilliant. Loved every single second of their set. The music kicked arse. Josh Homme knows that he's great, and he seemed quite effortless in what he did when he was on stage. He was probably stoned and drunk, but that added to it. When Song for the Dead came on, I just wanted to let completely go and rock out to it. The best way to end a set ever. Great stuff.

Jonsi - Awesome. I'm not a huge fan of Sigur Ros, but I really really enjoyed Jonsi's set. The music was inspiring, uplifting and yet quite melancholic all at once. If you ever get the chance to see Jonsi live, do it. The crowd loved it, Ine loved it and so did I. Probably in the top 5 acts that I saw at Pukkelpop. The last song blew me away, but I've forgotten which one it was.

2ManyDJs - They were good, although I don't like how they kept changing the songs so quickly one after another. I like to hear the tracks in full, I'm not a fan of mixmatches. Although, they will eternally be in my debt for finishing with Love Will Tear Us Apart. It had to be that song. Overall, it finished on a great high note, and I now have a different meaning for that song. Now I'll thinking of 70 thousand or so people rocking out to it at Pukkelpop.

Overall, loved it. It was my first festival and it's been a very positive experience. My favourite 5 bands/sets were probably Queens of the Stone Age (fuck yeeeah), Jonsi, Mumford and Sons, Ash and The Flaming Lips. It was awesome. :)

Same as Jim's post, though honestly some of those bands we didn't really see. We just sorta walked past the stage/tent they were playing in or sat outside and sorta heard them, but not really. =P

My highlights were Mumford & Sons, Snow Patrol and Jonsi. Such great performances. Others were good too, but with these the atmosphere was great (plus I love songs that I know and can loudly sing along to).

Here's Mumford & Sons performing Little Lion Man. I loved how everyone was singing along and jumping up and down. Was great!

Iron Maiden isn't really my thing. I only know Run to the Hills, which they didn't play. Here's a video of some other song of theirs though, no idea what song. The things being thrown in the air are cardboard cupholders haha.

Flaming Lips had a really cool show with balloons and lasers coming out of big hands and the zorb ball and confetti and all that. Don't know their music though so I found it a bit hard to get into. Plus there was this weird drunk guy who kept talking to me and asked me to be his girl... >.>;

45879_1510544917896_1062559926_1461072_3733624_n.jpg

But yes, overall Pukkelpop was great. I've had better musical experiences at previous festivals, but it was still good. =)

Well, I just got back from Reading.. got kicked out this morning, wristbands cut off, because my friend and I were throwing scotch eggs at each other. Security seriously needs to chill the fuck out.

Last year of Reading I should think, the crowd tend to be becoming ever more dick-ish.. good music though

Well, I just got back from Reading.. got kicked out this morning, wristbands cut off, because my friend and I were throwing scotch eggs at each other. Security seriously needs to chill the fuck out.

Last year of Reading I should think, the crowd tend to be becoming ever more dick-ish.. good music though

Haha gutted mate, kicked out for scotch eggs? That's a new low for security.

Who did you see? (PHOENIX?!)

What happened this year to make the crowd seem even worse? Last year firemen and security were putting out fire's and one came over on a quad bike, and this group of lads just pushed it over..what's the point?

Quite glad I didn't go. The conditions and the people really didn't make me feel like I needed to go Reading this year. I want to go Glastonbury next year!

Back from Leeds, everyone there loving the fact Reading under water while Leeds was bone dry. Excellent weather and a great weekend. Thought Paramore were cool, pendulum were great, Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill, Weezer and Dizzee Rascal all superb.

Flink. How awesome is the revolving drums that Travis plays! I got it on video when they were up here and it's damn impressive.

Download's security was much the same this year! Hopefully they employ better people next year for both festivals!

Back from Leeds, everyone there loving the fact Reading under water while Leeds was bone dry. Excellent weather and a great weekend. Thought Paramore were cool, pendulum were great, Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill, Weezer and Dizzee Rascal all superb.

I was in Newbury (kinda near Reading) for the weekend for i40 and apart from some rain Friday morning it was dry all weekend.

I was in Newbury (kinda near Reading) for the weekend for i40 and apart from some rain Friday morning it was dry all weekend.

I was in Reading the whole week. It chucked it down Wednesday and Thursday thus making the tent sites disastrously flooded.

I was also in Newbury on the Friday coincidentally.

I was in Reading the whole week. It chucked it down Wednesday and Thursday thus making the tent sites disastrously flooded.

I was also in Newbury on the Friday coincidentally.

Thats unlucky, where I camped in Newbury was relatively dry on the ground.

So Gun n' Roses were apparantly douche bags this year.

i havent read the fully story but this is what i have heard,

So Gun n' Roses were apparantly douche bags this year.

i havent read the fully story but this is what i have heard,

What do you mean this year?.. :grin:

Download's security was much the same this year! Hopefully they employ better people next year for both festivals!

Could potentially have been the same security company... were being proper nasty about it aswell.. urgh, a bloody scotch egg!

Haha gutted mate, kicked out for scotch eggs? That's a new low for security.

Who did you see? (PHOENIX?!)

What happened this year to make the crowd seem even worse? Last year firemen and security were putting out fire's and one came over on a quad bike, and this group of lads just pushed it over..what's the point?

Quite glad I didn't go. The conditions and the people really didn't make me feel like I needed to go Reading this year. I want to go Glastonbury next year!

Good shout I should think. Probably gonna get to glasto at long last next year too. Dunno I think it was partly jsut where we were camping (right next to the arena) just seemed like a more chavy / generally unfriendly atmosphere compared to the past couple years.

Missed Phoenix, tedious drama with my ex girlfriend, right pissed me off... kinda saw them from next to the tent though, looked awesome.

There was good stuff though.. highlights

LCD Soundsystem

Foals

Fools Gold

Arcade Fire

Klaxons

Oh and Eddie Argos of Art Brut fame was my festy highlight

Flink. How awesome is the revolving drums that Travis plays! I got it on video when they were up here and it's damn impressive.

Haha, it's great stuff. I think he's probably my favourite one from the band. Hardly ever speaks or interacts with the crowd, but lets the music doing all the talking. No messing around.

The crowd enjoyed the revolving drums. It's definitely one way to get them hyped.