Do you have a spare £3000?

:blank:

I thought you only bought it for £300?

That's some mark up. :p

5 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

:blank:

I thought you only bought it for £300?

That's some mark up. :p

Anything owned by me immediately gets that kind of markup due to the privilege of owning something own by the Happenstance.

Seriously though, if I did decide to sell it I'd be willing to give you the same deal I got it for, £310 with all the games that came with it.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 10:42 PM, Happenstance said:

I might try and create a list of tomorrow to see how many of the games I have and how many I still need to get.

in the mean time, anyone want to buy a GameCube, broken Sega Saturn, 3DO or Panasonic Q? Lol

What colour is the Gamecube and how much for the 3DO?

7 hours ago, lostmario said:

What colour is the Gamecube and how much for the 3DO?

Black GameCube and if I did sell the 3DO then I’d probably sell it for what I got it for which was £110 with some games.

15 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Black GameCube and if I did sell the 3DO then I’d probably sell it for what I got it for which was £110 with some games.

Ah ok, I thought it might be a white or spice orange one.

If you decide to sell the 3DO, let me know.

2 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Ah ok, I thought it might be a white or spice orange one.

If you decide to sell the 3DO, let me know.

I did used to have the white GC but I sold it to @Goafer years ago.

I love the Pearl White Gamecube. It's possibly my favourite of all of the non special editions colours. I don't think they ever released a GBA Player for that colour though, did they?

VDrm7.jpg

Looks like it was only part of a Crystal Chronicles bundle.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

That looks lovely. I suppose the big issue with that is that it will be prone to yellowing. I hardly use my white GC due to that reason. I've never even used the controller since buying the console new all those years ago, as I always used a WaveBird. The same goes for my Resident Evil 4 GC.

Do we know if they do yellow though? I would have thought the problem and the type of plastic that causes it would be pretty well known.

Just now, Happenstance said:

Do we know if they do yellow though? I would have thought the problem and the type of plastic that causes it would be pretty well known.

Ok I havent watched that but 150 ever made seems wrong. Is it clarified in the video? I got mine for like £30 new from GAME when they were selling a shit load of stock.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok I havent watched that but 150 ever made seems wrong. Is it clarified in the video? I got mine for like £30 new from GAME when they were selling a shit load of stock.

That's just the limited edition white crystal version that you posted a pic of. 

The one that is available to us is just the standard pearl white model but it's pretty similar so I imagine yellowing would happen if not taken care of. I've seen Gamecubes on ebay that have yellowing of the controller ports ( also pointed out in the vid ) and yellowing of memory cards. I've even seen white PS3 slim models that have already started to shows signs of yellowing. It's why I try to stay away from owning white consoles, even though I love the look of them.

Ah that makes more sense.

The yellowing issue then makes it seem like cheap parts from hardware manufacturers, especially if we know that some white plastics are fine.

I've never really liked white consoles myself.

I guess I'm lucky as my Pearl GameCube doesn't seem to have yellowed. My Dreamcast on the other hand hasn't fared so well. My NES has started to as well. My SNES is pretty good, although I don't know if they yellow, as its more grey than white.

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

He's right, though. Skyward Sword sucks balls. With or without motion controls.

Indeed. Easily my worst of the 3D Zelda games and that's saying something considering my dislike of BOTW. :p 

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is this you, @Happenstance?

LINK

:laughing: nope not me! While I do hate motion controls it seems that their problem is more with the setup. Nothing I ever played moved like that.

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Indeed. Easily my worst of the 3D Zelda games and that's saying something considering my dislike of BOTW. :p 

Still haven't played BOTW. Stuck in a tricky position because my gaming time mainly consists of Overwatch, I have no desire to get a Switch and don't fancy playing BOTW on the WiiU as we've long since packed that away. Plus, Zelda and the Switch are still super expensive...I'd be looking at over £300 to play it. 

11 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Still haven't played BOTW. Stuck in a tricky position because my gaming time mainly consists of Overwatch, I have no desire to get a Switch and don't fancy playing BOTW on the WiiU as we've long since packed that away. Plus, Zelda and the Switch are still super expensive...I'd be looking at over £300 to play it. 

Methinks you would probably enjoy it but, yeah, it's not worth forking out £300.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Methinks you would probably enjoy it but, yeah, it's not worth forking out £300.

Might have to play it on WiiU. Even if it means using that hideous Gamepad! :grin: