NEurope
Kirkatronics

Anti-Police

Incorrect.

A story which was pretty big up here was a guy who was given a fine for blowing his nose in his car. He was told he was not in control of the vehicle, yet his handbrake was on.

Another great copper story up was a guy who was also fined because he accidently dropped a £10 note out of his pocket and didn't realize. Apparently he was littering.

Just two example of coppers who are not even following the law but dishing out their own warped power trips. Because I can, I will.

Cba to read the thread, but I will contribute with this:

Don't forget the case of the mother who got a littering fine for feeding the ducks at a pond.

To be fair to Bard, whilst some of his posts do just seem like self fellating nonsense, he has made a perfectly valid argument, so to call him up on the fact that he hasn't added anything to the discussion is rather ridiculous.

In response to his argument of having context sensitive laws, that take certain aspects into account (I think that's what he was getting at :heh:)... I don't really see how that could ever work. Sure everyone is different and most situations are different, but when you start applying that to the law surely things are going to get out of hand. Why should one persons "situation" be deemed as a more viable excuse to perform certain acts? Where do the definitions of these situations begin and end? Surely something like ethnicity can't be used, as that would undoubtedly lead to cries of racism...

I have no idea what I'm trying to say, so I'm gonna stop here, basically I wanted to comment on this ridiculous Bard bashing but felt like I should actually say something... relevant, at the same time.

:heh:

The police had to be called to work today.. Some scally fuck was out looking for drugs demanding to see a doctor (no doctors on during day at the emergency doc on call) so the police carted her off in a car. This looney bin's sister was also there causing shit, trying to pull the girl out of the car. The policeman got freaking raged and started shouting at the sister.

Urgh, these people are a sandwich short of a picnic, but this useless "care in the community" shit has them out loose.

I feel for policemen really, with the amount of shit they have to put up with sometimes.

I was attacked by a couple of guys hanging around outside my local mini tesco 3 years ago.. Those teenagers hanging outside shops are bored and a lot of them are desperate to cause trouble as a means of entertainment.

In my case, they followed me into the woods (where I stood and waited for them after seeing them coming after me) and they tried to mug me. One of the guys was holding a big iron rod like a baseball bat and I told him that he should learn some respect! The guy was on the ground with me punching his head in in seconds, but it wasn't a nice experience and I'd happily support banning groups of teenagers from being allowed to hang around shops, especially when they're sitting by the cash machines.

Ah well, the only good thing I got out of that experience was realising how weak my punches were.:hehe: I was desperate to knock that guy out and kind of felt sorry for him. I was on top of him and he was pissing himself while I punched him in the head at least half a dozen times! He then got up and complained about me punching him and then followed me on to the road, where I did the same thing!

I'm not saying that all of these groups are totally innocent of anything, but to automatically assume they are doing something suspicious/illegal is a pretty sad state of affairs.

The Tomlinson case is utterly ridiculous, ultimately a Police Officer killed him, and should be punished as such. I haven't followed the case much recently to be honest - what's actually happening with it now?

God I hate the brummie accent, makes the cleverest person alive sound like an idiot.

Pretty old clip if I remember rightly but the whole filming/picture taking thing is way out of hand still.

God I hate the brummie accent' date=' makes the cleverest person alive sound like an idiot.

[/quote']

If you listen very quietly, you can hear the Villan/Roostooof crying in a corner.

I find that the attitudes of the Police tend to differ from area to area. At the moment, I do think it is one of the hardest professions to work in. There's constantly bad press going against them, and it is true that some only join for the power that it gives them. The authority. Remember that South Park episode with Officer Cartman? ;)

But, I've met a few in my time who do want to make a positive difference to the world. We need more of these officers. The area I live in is one of semi-close-knit communities, at least this part of the City is. So, the officers tend to build up quite a good relationship with the people. I have a uni friend who last year tried to get into the Met (I think) but didn't. Although, I think she would have made a fine Officer.

If you listen very quietly, you can hear the Villan/Roostooof crying in a corner.

I find that the attitudes of the Police tend to differ from area to area. At the moment, I do think it is one of the hardest professions to work in. There's constantly bad press going against them, and it is true that some only join for the power that it gives them. The authority. Remember that South Park episode with Officer Cartman? ;)

But, I've met a few in my time who do want to make a positive difference to the world. We need more of these officers. The area I live in is one of semi-close-knit communities, at least this part of the City is. So, the officers tend to build up quite a good relationship with the people. I have a uni friend who last year tried to get into the Met (I think) but didn't. Although, I think she would have made a fine Officer.

A fine officer, or a fiiiine (:wink:) officer?

Pillocks like these guys don't do much for the public perception of the police

I saw this a while back. If you listen carefully you can hear the sargeant calling them idiots.

A fine officer, or a fiiiine (:wink:) officer?

Both! She had the brains, and she backed it up by looking pretty nice. Nice pretty. Not my type of girl, though.

I've lost faith in the police to be honest. They can't make anything safe at all. People round where I live live in fear almost. Children can't go in a park because there are gangs smoking weed round there, old women are scared to go in shops because they hang round the doorway, drugdealers and thieves are everywhere. There's a thieve near my friend's neighbourhood and it's taken them about a week to actually respond. You got little shits terrorising people and where are they? Nowhere to be seen half of the time.

Having said that, the streets could be much worse than they are now.

I've lost faith in the police to be honest. They can't make anything safe at all. People round where I live live in fear almost. Children can't go in a park because there are gangs smoking weed round there, old women are scared to go in shops because they hang round the doorway, drugdealers and thieves are everywhere. There's a thieve near my friend's neighbourhood and it's taken them about a week to actually respond. You got little shits terrorising people and where are they? Nowhere to be seen half of the time.

I dont blambe the police for this. They cant be everywhere and as bad as ppl smoking weed on the park is there are worse things. I blame the laws of the land. 10/15 years ago when i was a lad if we had got up to half of this someones dad would have come and told us to fuck off and give us a clip round the head. Communitys could sort of police themselves. But now if anyone did this they would be locked up.

The police comne within 72 hours unless an appointment is made, so don't believe its them acting slowly.

So we should ring them up before hand if we're going to be burgled? Seems fair enough, can't expect them to react to things as they happen.

Pillocks like these guys don't do much for the public perception of the police

Am I the only one who felt the filmmaker was an annoying twat as well?

No, I'm with you on that one. Deliberately and candidly filming the police can only really have one of two purposes: either to get them to come over as you're acting suspiciously so you can act like a self-righteous dickhead, or to monitor their movements in planning of a crime.

I dont blambe the police for this. They cant be everywhere and as bad as ppl smoking weed on the park is there are worse things. I blame the laws of the land. 10/15 years ago when i was a lad if we had got up to half of this someones dad would have come and told us to fuck off and give us a clip round the head. Communitys could sort of police themselves. But now if anyone did this they would be locked up.

Parents need to bring their kids up a lot more responsibly, sure, but 'smacking' them isn't the answer (no, this isn't a troll - I could have phrased it a lot more antagonistically...)

That might be the most sensible thing I've ever read by you.

Definitely. Scally fucker - filmmaker? Ripping DVDs doesn't count.

Deliberately aggressive and acting like a twat, it's no surprise they walked his way. I wouldn't like it if someone started filming me. And at the end of the day, the officers were young/inexperienced and it's unlikely you'd know every law (particularly the less important ones) to know whether filming them was legal or not. I don't know everything about my subject off by heart, either.

Besides, what you see in the news/Youtube is generally outnumbere by 100,000 daily processes that all go smoothly. To write off the police because of incidents that draw attention is a bit silly.

God I hate the brummie accent' date=' makes the cleverest person alive sound like an idiot.[/quote']

*Watches vid*

Well, wouldn't you know it? They're not Brummies; they're yam-yams from the Black Country. Brummie is less thick than that. (Thick is the perfect term.)

No crying. Just shaking my head at yet another person's misconceptions over the Midlands. You lot need to be taught. :indeed:

Besides, what you see in the news/Youtube is generally outnumbere by 100,000 daily processes that all go smoothly. To write off the police because of incidents that draw attention is a bit silly.

I know if i came on here and said all black people or even most black people were drug dealing aids carriers then there would be hell on (and rightly so).

But as soon as its about coppers,soldiers or who ever then then apparently its ok.

It is a fact that the fear of crime is alot higher than crime itself.

Police act on intelligence, if no-one tells the police anything, they cant do anything (example: times & places incidents are occuring). People need to ring the police so they know what is going on (another way to look at this would be that the police dont like big figures coz it makes them look bad, ppl keep ringing up bout the same problem would cause that so they would have to act).

Kids hanging around shops in large numbers is not a policing problem, unless something else is linked to it such as being roudy, drinking alcahol etc. Even if kids are there i can understand it makes ppl uneasy but unless they are doing anything wrong they are just as welcome to be there as adults.

I know if i came on here and said all black people or even most black people were drug dealing aids carriers then there would be hell on (and rightly so).

But as soon as its about coppers,soldiers or who ever then then apparently its ok.

What the actual fuck does that have to with anything?

What the actual fuck does that have to with anything?

He's saying it's easy to attack the police as they are a visible soft-target for your anger. But also that people make unfair generalisations and over-simplifications about their work and the manner in which it is carried out.

He's implying that if you made the same line of accusations against minority groups, then there would be hell to pay. But as the police are public servants and supposedly "Supra-citizenry" somehow their actions must be viewed in a much harsher light.

intelegence.

thats there job.

Hmmm... I believe I have found a pattern.

Just joking. Still...

They dont have too much power just idiots dont implement it in the way it was supposed to be.

Yeah, fuck the idiots, it's all they're fault! :hehe:

Anywho... Necessary evil blah blah blah blah blah. Really, what's there to discuss? Good or bad, we need them no matter what.

*Watches vid*

Well, wouldn't you know it? They're not Brummies; they're yam-yams from the Black Country. Brummie is less thick than that. (Thick is the perfect term.)

No crying. Just shaking my head at yet another person's misconceptions over the Midlands. You lot need to be taught. :indeed:

They're all of the same horrible variety though, no misconceptions here.

Got pulled over by the Police this morning on my way to work, no issues apart from my car is registered as a white convertible Honda motorbike (wtf?). Had a good chat with them, seemed like really decent people actually.