N-Europe

Rumor: Devs already working on 'new Nintendo platform'

marcel

Ok, with the information we've just been given by tellyn, I retract my previous comment, as it sounds possible something might actually get revealed. I still think people are going to be dissapointed as expectations for this seem to be way to high, but we'll see.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, with the information we've just been given by tellyn, I retract my previous comment, as it sounds possible something might actually get revealed. I still think people are going to be dissapointed as expectations for this seem to be way to high, but we'll see.

I would totally step away from any sort of hardware announcement....it seems possible we'll get a new game revealed now, which is cool...but it'll be great to get some release dates!!! : peace:

I would totally step away from any sort of hardware announcement....it seems possible we'll get a new game revealed now, which is cool...but it'll be great to get some release dates!!! : peace:

I meant more my comments about Nintendo showing nothing, and us not even hearing about this event.

It looks like I was right now however way back when I said it will just be the press getting to demo upcoming games.

Here's some info on the conference from IGN's latest podcast:

- Craig has heard that Nintendo will not be revealing any hardware, except for maybe the release date for the DSi XL in North America

- Miyamoto won’t be at the summit

- Nintendo won’t say what will be at the event exactly

- Doesn’t seem like Iwata has a keynote at GDC this year

- Cammie will be speaking about certain news items at around 9 AM PST, will probably liveblog it

- 10:30 AM hands-on play, can’t write about the stuff until the end of the night (around 2 AM or so)

- Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver, America’s Test Kitchen, Wii version of Prince of Persia will be there

Edited by Dante

'So, this week. What's occurring? Well, only the Nintendo Summit that threatens to blow our tiny minds with awesome revelations. We mentioned on our Twitter feed a week or so ago that it threatens to be "better than Nintendo's last two E3s glued together". Naturally, our comment has caused all manner of internet speculation, as all good comments should do, but we're not kidding when we say that you can expect some Very Big News in the next few days.'

What interests me about this statement is that they say this event (not even GDC) will be better than E3 2008 + E3 2009 put together. I could understand if they'd said 2007 + 2008, but 2009 gave us New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M and a picture of Zelda!

Can this really be better than that? For me, to achieve that it'd have to be Zelda, Wii 2 or DS 2.

What interests me about this statement is that they say this event (not even GDC) will be better than E3 2008 + E3 2009 put together. I could understand if they'd said 2007 + 2008, but 2009 gave us New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M and a picture of Zelda!

Can this really be better than that? For me, to achieve that it'd have to be Zelda, Wii 2 or DS 2.

That probably confirms we will see new hardware or new game announcements (pikmin 3, paper mario 3(no not super paper mario), and Fzero wii)

You guys might end up bitterly disappointed if your predictions don't come true. It's going to be a brilliant event judging by the games we know of, just don't go expecting wine out of water!

TellyN, at least play some games. Give us some clues. Give us the type of news we should expect. Any new games? How many? Entertain us!!

Do you know lots, or just know Mario Galaxy 2 will be there?!

You'll find out tomorrow. :heh: The Americans have a full 24 hours on our own summit.

Australia Media:

Major market backing for MHTri3

DSi XL 15th of April

Metriod Other M to be shown at US media

Black Wii 11th of March

WII IGN COM =

As part of Nintendo Australia's major announcements today, IGN can confirm that two of Nintendo's most anticipated titles are on their way to Wiis much sooner than originally anticipated.

Both Super Mario Galaxy 2, follow-up to 2007's smash platformer, as well as Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja's take on the seminal sci-fi adventure/platformer) are both due for release between June and August this year.

Nintendo Australia's Greg Arthurton reiterated that both titles were most definitely not holiday season releases. This leaves an interesting vacancy for 'other' major releases over this period, we'd speculate.

This news comes ahead of tomorrow's Nintendo press event being held in the US. IGN US will be in attendance to confirm these details.

What I would love to see, although it probably won't happen, is for Zelda Wii to be released this Winter, then at E3 Nintendo announce Wii 2 (the one the Wii should have been - hard drive, unified online, built in motion plus, HD graphics).

They then release the next batch of games on the Wii 2, I can just imagine Pikmin 3 being in HD, loads going on, lots of enemies attacking at once from different directions, etc.

I know it's not going to happen, but would be awesome :heh:

They then release the next batch of games on the Wii 2, I can just imagine Pikmin 3 being in HD, loads going on, lots of enemies attacking at once from different directions, etc.

Yeah, Pikmin is the one Nintendo game that could really benefit specifically from an HD display. In the GameCube games it was hard to get a satisfying view - the closest one was good, but didn't show enough of the environment and the others didn't show the Pikmin in much detail. I still liked Pikmin 2, but HD would be a big benefit.

And oh yes, good news about Zelda probably being this year.