N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

Tesco should be selling the game instore at £24.70 until Monday. Hopefully not store specific or anything but hope it helps anyone!

03032011685.jpg

I'm still on the fence as to whether to pick this up or not, but this offer is very tempting. I've just got in from nightshift but I may have a shower and then pop out and grab this before I get some sleep. Hmmm....

I went to Tesco's at 7 but they still hadn't put their stock out. I went to Morrisons at 8 and luckly their staff stock the shelves. The game was marked down £29.99 but it rang through as £24.99. I guess they are price matching with their competition. I checked the net and Asda is also selling it for £25.

Hero-of-Time sees Morrisons employee with Pokemon Black.

Hero-of-Time throws cash at Morrisons employee.

Morrisons employee struggles.

Hero-of-Time catches Pokemon Black.

IMG_0432.jpg

I was supposed to go bed for a few hours before I go to the flicks but I guess that ain't happening. If the movie sucks I guess I can catch a few Zs at the cinema. :D

Well I picked this up about half an hour ago, now I just have to wait until today afternoon so that I can play it with no distractions : peace:

Looking forward to playing it together with all the rest of you, especially the trades/battles that we may (inevitably) have :)

You sure do battle your friends a lot in these games, like around every corner.

First gym was a close call, he kept using Work Up which increase attack and Special Attack so he inflicted a lot of damage on my Pokes.

Up to the second gym now, Tepig evolved last night which will be useful for that gym, found a lot of interesting looking fighting types around the area as well. Caught a Sawk as well, first Pokemon that took more than 1 Pokeball to catch :laughing:

I think the beaver Pokemon is going to end up as my HM slave.

So yeah, lot of interesting new Pokemon that I want to try out, but not enough party slots :(

Couldn't put the game down last night.

You sure do battle your friends a lot in these games, like around every corner.

First gym was a close call, he kept using Work Up which increase attack and Special Attack so he inflicted a lot of damage on my Pokes.

Up to the second gym now, Tepig evolved last night which will be useful for that gym, found a lot of interesting looking fighting types around the area as well. Caught a Sawk as well, first Pokemon that took more than 1 Pokeball to catch :laughing:

I think the beaver Pokemon is going to end up as my HM slave.

So yeah, lot of interesting new Pokemon that I want to try out, but not enough party slots :(

Couldn't put the game down last night.

How long did it take you to get to the first gym?

I'm planning on getting there with one starter, getting the monkey that clashes with the starter, trading them both to the other version of the game, starting again, doing the same with a 2nd starter to again get another clashing moneky, trade to other version.

so to sum it up, i eventually want to have all 3 starters and all 3 specific monkeys on both Black & White. I know it'll take some time but never mind.

I'm planning on getting there with one starter, getting the monkey that clashes with the starter, trading them both to the other version of the game, starting again, doing the same with a 2nd starter to again get another clashing moneky, trade to other version.

so to sum it up, i eventually want to have all 3 starters and all 3 specific monkeys on both Black & White. I know it'll take some time but never mind.

It doesn't take long, the start takes a little while to get started. It'll be less than an hour really if you avoid battles and such. Note you can catch the monkeys near the second gym town, although I didn't find any last night but I didn't search the area thoroughly.

If you rush straight to the gym and the monkey then it'll be about an hour until you can trade them over.

I think maybe i'll do it just so my White version has the 3 starters and monkeys, then i'll just breed them for transfer to Black.

every generation i get both sets of games, and use one as my main Story / pokedex completing game (not actually completed the dex since Red / Blue) and the other as the assist game,

so get the exclusive legendaries / pokemon from one version and send them accross to the other game, keep one game with all my old pokemon from previous generations.

this time White is going to be my main game, Black my assist game.

And you guys complain about student fees!!

I had to pay 90£ for both...It will be worth it though <3

Did someone say a PAL game doesn't work on US DSi? It does work for me...

That's odd. It really shouldn't. Japanese one doesn't.

Current team:

Pignite

Lillipup

Patrat

Pansage

Purrloin

Pidgey 2Pidove

Lillipup and Patrat will probably get dropped soon and possibly Purrlion. Might evolve them first. Caught a Tympole which I want to add to the team.

Possible silly question:

Tried to download the liberty pass thingy to be able to catch Victini, when i select receive via Nintendo Wi-Fi, tells me that there is no gift available?

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.

You're selecting "Get via Nintendo WFC" right?