NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Yay! Fire pig starter! Hope it turns into a badass boar with huge tusks and a flaming mane! And I had a feeling the water starter would be a otter (or a platypus).

I don't have a clue what the grass one is. A reptile again?

FirePig is so cute :love:

What's up with the weird Snowman? Water/Ice starter?

I know using the word "gay" as a derogatory term is offensive, but holy fucking shit they look gay. (Apart from the grass one, but the grass ones are shit by default anyway)

That fire pig looks crap. Ugh. Hate.

So far I'm leaning toward fire, but I'd need to see the evolutions to make a final decision.

FIRE PIG?

GRUNPIG?

PSYCHIC FIRE?

COME AWWWWWWWWWWWWN. My favourite poke is fire dark, we need a fire psychic Game Freak!

would the region be called Isshu region in the English games?

Edited by canand

would the region be called Isshu region in the English games?

Doubtful. All regions have had slight name changes

Doubtful. All regions have had slight name changes

What is the Japan names and English names of the regions?

Jp. - Eng

Kantoh - Kanto

Jouto - Johto

Houen - Hoenn

Oore - Orre

Shinou - Sinnoh

The Water starter evolves into Pascal.png

You know I'm right.

(...Yeah, this is probably the last place I'll post this.)

I like the starters. They're awesome. Especially the Grass starter. And the Fire starter is so cuuuuute~ ^-^

And I also like the protagonists. The boy is cute. :3

And Isshu makes me lol at everybody saying that the region will definitely have an 'O' in its name. x3

so what would Isshu be called in english?

Canand we know you're excited but Serebii would not EXCLUDE any information from this thread when he finds it out; so if something has not been addressed it is because it is not currently known :)

How long would it be to find out about the english name at E3 or Fall 2010?

How long would it be to find out about the english name at E3 or Fall 2010?

January probably

I'm guessing probably Ishuu for the english release. Although Japanese is spelt phonetically, they have different sounds for vowels here in some cases as we never have a consistent sound (especially for 'e').

And Canand, a lot of your questions aren't able to answered, we're all waiting for information.

They're okay. Bit lame as they're the three starters. The fakes Rez posted earlier were loads better.

Yeah. I know...

So, people hate the Water Starter

Water Starter has freckles

Who else has freckles? Ginger Kids

Who else are usually outcast? Ginger Kids

I hate him because he looks like one of those lame ice lollies with a face.

Before the scans came out, some new information was posted on 2ch including the aforementioned possible Pokémon names and the region name which turned out true. This information detailled some attacks, classifications, Zoroark's ability and the special event from the beasts. I have decided to post it with thanks to yaminokame for translation. Remember though that the following information is NOT confirmed yet.

* The Grass Starter, Tsutaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokémon

* The Fire Starter, Pokabu (ポカブ)is the Fire Pig Pokémon

* The Water Starter, Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokémon

* Zoroark has an ability called Illusion (イリュージョン) which will allow it to transform into various Pokémon. How it differs from the move Transform remains to be seen.

* Two new attacks have been announced;

o A move called Trickery (イカサマ) seems to allow the attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats

o Another move called Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats

* The special event activated by the special Raikou, Entei & Suicune given with the upcoming movie; Phantom Champion Zoroark has been detailled. In this event, when you bring the beasts (it is unclear if it's all three or just one)to the game, a special battle will occur. This battle is against a Level 25 Zoroark which will transform into the various Pokémon. At many points, it will break its transformation to allow you to capture it.

Remember, this information is NOT Confirmed as of yet and so it's quite possible that this information is indeed inaccurate. However, as the region name was accurate, it's also quite possibly real.

I like the water Pokemon its cool and pkmn.net says It also seems to have an injured paw for some reason.