NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

I've updated my site's section to allow for easy access to all known information :)

That grass thing looks like a spoilt middle class tory! Uptight indeed.

grinleaf.jpg

If your respective penis' look like a clamshell I think you might need to see someone. :p

I didn't see it till they mentioned it, but it's upside down....

That should be enough of a hint.

grinleaf.jpg

Haha! :grin: People keep catering to my needs today. EPIC PICTURE! :bowdown:

FROM THE UNITED KING,

I'M LOOKING FOR HIM,

I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!

I'm clearly going to choose the grass one.

Though I have a feeling the fire one's evolutions will be the best.

Got some great new big screens on my site now

Like this badboy

lookout.png

WTF is this shit?

Namely the character model (which looks horribly out of place) and the lamp which just looks...odd.

I do like the market shot though.

Finally, for the end of this news rush, we have details on what CoroCoro says shall be within their next issue. CoroCoro promises that next month, in addition to more Black & White details and screenshots, we'll also get another brand new Pokémon revealed. In addition to this, they also promise to tell us how to obtain Zorua. This issue of CoroCoro is due for release on June 15th 2010 and will likely be leaked a few days before. We'll bring more as it comes

Really don't like the new names (or the designs a great deal tbh!)...

Pokabu, Mijumara and Tsutaja (which I can't help but say like Goldmembers 'Farja')

... really!

They're Japanese names, they're never really easy to say

Try saying Noctowl's Japanese name 5 times fast while drunk; Yorunozuku

The US names will be the usual generic stuff....a portemaneau of two words (like they are in Japan)

ok new screens look great.

Actually now looking like a great ds game that takes advantage of the hardware..

but i'm really not sure why they are insisting on a 2d character sprite for a 3d environment.

It's not like the characters are very detailed anyway. your main character is a girl and boy and just walks and cycles and gets out a fishing rod and everyone else just stands and walks around and in pokemon games there are only about what 20 character models walking around the streets at most? Wouln't be that difficult.

I realise that in heart gold all pokemon walk behind you but I don't think many would be disappointed if they ommited this.

It just looks a bad weird when 2d is clashed with 3d..

I can only assume they didnt do this because outside the city, we're going to get the same old shite diamond and pearl graphics.

and the battles, oh the battles. I won't go into that.

I think we need to see the battles in motion first. However, the sprites do appear to be in motion. We have around 5 different images of Raikou's back sprite and Zoroark's Entei Illusion has two different sprites too

We may get more in Pokémon Sunday tomorrow

They're Japanese names, they're never really easy to say

Try saying Noctowl's Japanese name 5 times fast while drunk; Yorunozuku

The US names will be the usual generic stuff....a portemaneau of two words (like they are in Japan)

Oh right ok, I didn't realise they always changed them all, I thought quite often some stayed the same.

Thanks for the screens though Serebii, it does look far more interesting now!

Though the illusion stuff seems confusing!

Only about 10% of the names stay the same and most of them are for legendary Pokemon :)

A) Serebii, do you know all Japanese names off by heart?

B) Was Buizel an otter. Or a beaver. Or neither. (Rhyming win)

C) Lets have a guess the English name contest.

Serpiturf

Flamelet

Wotter

A) God no. Once I get the US names, I run a SQL delete in my head and remove all of them and place the US names

B) A Weasel hence Buizel - Buoy + Weasel

That girl just brings to mind one of those cliche people in america who live in a trailer park. Or Jodie Foster in The Accused. Even though she didn't look like that.

also screenshots.

The same ones Serebii posted...

I never understand why people insist on making gifs of everything. I think we could all guess how it would look judging by the screenshots. But oh well, the thought was there I suppose :)

I think it's one someone made to demonstrate the fact that the sprites move

I like the new perspective.

Hopefully they will also make some more fundamental changes. But since it's still for the DS, I'm guessing they won't.

Hopefully they scrap the whole "But Shandy can't learn more than 4 moves!" thing.

8 different moves at one time would allow alot for more strategy and variation to the game.

It'd also siginificantly destroy the balance. I don't really see that happening.

Perhaps. I think they should also decrease the PP of most moves (but to make it so that your PP is restored every time you win a trainer battle), to make planning ahead more of an issue.

I think the game would be far more interesting if you had a repertoire of 8 moves, but the majority of moves had 5, 6 or 7 PP. Forcing you to use a variety of moves to win a battle, rather than just using the same attack over and over attack (which usually ends up happening).

About things we want, I hope they start with 4th evolutions rather more baby pokemons. I would love to see Charizard evolve.