NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Lilligant is such a boss. Evolved mine today (Didn't realise I could have waited for leaf storm or whatevs, damn)

Gotten right into this game, at last. Literally must have played about 8 hours today. Haven't done that with a game for years. Laziest day ever. Love it.

549.png503.png596.png533.png also training up candleman.

Approx level 40

Just destroyed VSSkyla.png, far too easy.

I am the same Dan - poured hours into this game already (65) and played it non stop today for about 4.

And that's with a shiny new 3DS sat there with Pilot Wings and SSF! Lol.

The 3DS can take a back seat until i'm done with Pokemon though.

I wasn't going to get as far as I did then stop coz of new shiny console-ness.

These are brilliant, brilliant games and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing through it.

Can't wait to move onto black once i'm done with White too.

But before that I need to finish up my main story and sort out breeding.

:yay:

Just made my first trades on the Global Trade thing. I managed to get a Tepig for a Lilligant and also a Snivy for a Pansage. Not bad I thought. Now shall I place them both in my team or keep Vicinti and Lilligant?

You can get Petilil on Black by trading with someone in one of the early towns. Evolve Petilil once it has learnt Giga Drain at lvl 26. It doesn't learn many more good moves as Petilil, but as Liligant it learns the awesome Quiver Dance and later Petal Dance.

Glad to see you're training one! I'm running a sunny day/quiver dance/Petal Dance/Synthesis one atm, SO powerful. Probs the best grass type i've ever used actually.

Evolved Golett...so much better now, the dude was jsut fanting left and right..got Heavy Slam on Golurk and sooo much better

I feel I missed out on Lilligant by buying Black (and I never used any Grass pokes other than Serperior). It's fine though.

Lilligant is a pussy, and I'll prove it to anyone with enough guts to face the unrelenting power of my team.

I feel I missed out on Lilligant by buying Black (and I never used any Grass pokes other than Serperior). It's fine though.

I have black. There was a trade in the second village or something.

@Rez - But it has leech seed! Your fave!! I'd totez take you on and destroy you with Lilil (as the trainer trade has named it) but I have an old clunker DS and the wrong sort of wireless internet I think. Lame.

Also: I would like to see everyone else's teams again in sprite form for comparison purposes. Natch.

I made this.

tumblr_liptnacnsT1qaczz9o1_500.jpg

Whenever I see either of these Pokemon with its arms folded, I always think of terrible posters for Matthew McConaughey rom coms.

Loves it.

--

So spent this morning doing general post-game shit.

Found all 7 sages, not sure yet what that will mean later on though.

Fought and caught Cobalion (completely missed Mistralton cave before now, d'oh...so he was underlevelled and easy. Also caught an Axew and Tynamo, two essentials I was missing. :)

Fought and then reset mid-way (knowing I'd lose/kill it) Volcarona. Literally 5 mins later my egg hatched with a Larvesta though. I loll'd. Like "Oh. Ok then.."

Trying to complete the Unova dex now I think, and catch all the new pokes I find (apart from shits I know I have in Diamond or Platinum like Golbat and Kricketune).

When I go home in...2 weeks-ish/3 weeks I'll be transferring tonnes over to Black from my other games (which I have at uni with me, but no other DS :/)

Meinshao is my new fave.

mienshao.jpg

I love fur being used as whips.

I got this little fucker a few days ago.

larvesta.jpg

I regret letting it have the EXP share and gain 30 levels already.

Just completed the story. As in beat the elite 4 for the second time.

Loved it. Took me just under 70 hours and my Pokemon are all now levelled 76-78.

Am going to continue to catch the legendaries / roamers and also try and add to my dex.

Also wanting to start Black soon and look into breeding given that its the one area of Pokemon I am totally new to.

larvesta.jpg

Why? He stuns me. I did the same (went from 1 to 28 in about 10 minutes), but want to focus on levelling up others from Unova first. Currently got Vullaby and Pawniard in Day-care (though I encountered a wild..whatever evolves from Vullaby so if I catch that it'll save me time) - and on my team are Scraggy and Frillish who are nearly about to evolve.

larvesta.jpg

Just you wait til that fucker evolves man. It's one of my best Pokemon on my Gen V only team.

Well I'm 15 hours in have 39 pokemon and 3 gym badges so way behind a lot of people but wondered how many gym badges are there?

Well I'm 15 hours in have 39 pokemon and 3 gym badges so way behind a lot of people but wondered how many gym badges are there?

26 bro. Over two times more than any other game.

Lol. Just kidding. There is 8. God I can't believe you didn't play Pokemon before now. :p

Lol. Just kidding. There is 8. God I can't believe you didn't play Pokemon before now. :p

Gen II had 16 badges :wink:

And it was beautiful. (Shhh. Lol).

But being serious - I want them to have more badges in future tbh. I have a couple of threads to make when the Pokemon sub forum is (hopefully) made (although there seems to be resistance for some reason. I don't think it harms anyone to do it. :( )

I have a couple of threads to make when the Pokemon sub forum is (hopefully) made (although there seems to be resistance for some reason. I don't think it harms anyone to do it. :( )

Yeah, I thought it was a matter of seconds to make that sub-forum, but perhaps it is more work than I thought.

Yep I really didn't play until now, except for 5 minutes during extra life of playing pokemon blue which i got bored doing fast! This is keeping my attention more although am sure i'm missing loads of stuff.

But being serious - I want them to have more badges in future tbh.

Definitely agree with this. I personally don't see why they are so strict as to keep it at 8 badges. Be variable. For example, the Unova region is massive. They could have easily split it and had two sections with gyms for the main story line and the after game. It need not be split so there are 8 badges in each area, it could be less but the overall total would be higher than 8 (say maybe 6 or so in each bit or something).

They could easily do that I guess and subtly incorporate alternate and meaningful activities into the sections to flesh out those areas. I'm still amazed we've never seen anything gameplay wise that was similar to the kind of battles we saw in the Orange Island League episodes of the cartoon and these would definitely work in my example as a way of adding something meaningful, but wouldn't constitute as a medal/gym battle.

Anyway, it's been over a week since I've touched White. Been too focused on Okamiden, which I'm nearly finished with, so hopefully I'll get back into it and take down the remaining gyms, solidify a team and trash the Elite Four.

They should do multiple regions in one game again. :/ Don't see why not when they did it for Gen II. Also I think you should be able to rematch trainers you've beaten if you want, a certain amount of times (and they'll get progressively stronger). Gen II had the shitty mobile phone thing which KINDA did that.