Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2010

Retro_Link

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't the question actually which countries should host Grand Prix, rather than what tracks they should be at within them? The ones that should host I went with Britain, Italy, France, Monaco and US. The ones that shouldn't I went with the various countries that as far as I know have no real motorsport heritage.

Massa fastest on one minute 11.722 seconds; Kobayashi 1m12.056; Hamilton 1m12.256; Kubica 1m12.426; Rosberg 1m12.899; Barrichello 1m13.377; Buemi 1m13.823.

Kobayashi seems to be relishing his opportunity, finishing second in today's testing. However Barrichello and Williams are languishing near the back of the field which is sad considering everything last season.

The field is really spread out from these testing sessions.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Yeah retro is right, Williams could easily be doing runs with a heavy fuel loads whereas the others might be doing laps on empty tanks for all we know. Lap times at the beginning on the race wll be upwards of about 5 seconds slower than by the end so it really doesn't matter how slow some of the lap times are.

Tbf livery's are getting more and more tacky... I personally think the Merc looks aweful.

Yeah I instantly picked up a GP2/A1GP or something vibe from it, but heck... I really like it!

That is the fittest F1 car I have EVER seen. I'm supporting Manor *cough* Virgin this year! Go-Go-Glock :love:
Don't you mean GlockDog... :nono:

glockdog300.jpg

EDIT:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81267

Heidfeld to be Mercedes reserve driver

Nick Heidfeld is to be the test and reserve driver for Mercedes GP this year, after failing to find a race seat on the grid for 2010.

Talk about a German team!!

Can't believe the likes of Pedro, Petrov etc... got a drive over Heidfeld!

I guess he didn't want to drive for a new team and maybe wanted more money?

Have USF1 gone and signed Villeneurve do we think? and what about the second Campos seat.

Edited by Retro_Link

Tbf livery's are getting more and more tacky... I personally think the Merc looks aweful.

Yeah I instantly picked up a GP2/A1GP or something vibe from it, but heck... I really like it!

glockdog300.jpg

EDIT:

Have USF1 gone and signed Villeneurve do we think? and what about the second Campos seat.

They did want a Veteran, We'll soon see.

glockdog300.jpg

EDIT:

Campos wont be on the grid. They were buying their car off Dallaras (or some group like that) but whilst they stalled over money, Stefan GP (who don't even have a slot on the grid) went and got the car instead :confused: Even more hilarious is that Stefan GP have sent tonnes of stuff over to Bahrain for the race, signed a couple of big wigs (including that Ryan guy who got booted from mclaren after the 'lairgate' incident) and Bernie is backing them.

I was browsing some forums and found a link where Nakajima was saying that they had contacted him for a drive and Villeneuve to be the second driver.

SO yeah. if you want to get your team on the grid, buy the car of a team like Campos and steal your way in. Hilarious. I hope they make it simply on that.

Force India VJM03:

vjm03.jpg

force_india_vjm03.jpg

FI had arguably the best aero package on certain tracks towards the end of last year, and it looks like they've put alot of aero work into this years car.

The front wing looks really developed and they've attached the shark fin to the rear wing in the same way as the McLaren.

I wonder if they could be the surprise of this year!?

That is the fittest F1 car I have EVER seen. I'm supporting Manor *cough* Virgin this year! Go-Go-Glock :love:
They're based just round the corner from where I work.

We wanted to develop their website before they made it into the F1, but they had it done by some pretty crappy freelance flash developer. I suppose now if they redesigned, an inhouse team from Virgin would do it.

Still, feel somewhat obligated to support Manor Virgin Racing, they're like the "home team".

Woah, that looks like a very basic car!!

Looks a bit shorter than the other cars, and a small nose cone?!

You're right though, nice colours!... I like the yellow wheels.

Dark green is back on the grid! Seems like ages ago that Jaguar were in the sport!

EDIT:

Red Bull RBR6: Complete with new livery, which is pretty nice...

red_bull_rb6-5.jpg

webb_redb_jere_20100210-4.jpg

z1265799137.jpg

Looks to be an evolution of last years car, everything looks that bit more refined, with a more pronounced 'V' nose, and I'll bet Newey has done some great aero work, diffuser (not that I understand what I'm looking at) look pretty well worked on...

59168601.jpg

haha, check out Vettels helmet this year!...

vettels_2010_red_bull_helmet.jpg

vettel.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I think it's between him and Alonso for the title this year. I would put some money on but theres never the odds to make it worthwhile. Probably the best bet for risk/reward is a punt on Webber - or at least it was last time I checked.

Is that the red bull ingredients list i see :heh:
:D, his helmets basically a can of Red Bull!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81407

Silverstone to use new track for 2010 GP

1265899575.jpg

Silverstone has announced that it will use its new 'Arena' layout for this year's Formula 1 British Grand Prix.

The revised track had originally been designed with MotoGP in mind, but when Silverstone regained its F1 date following the collapse of Donington Park's grand prix bid, the Northamptonshire track began considering whether to switch F1 to the new circuit as well.

It has now confirmed that Formula One Management has approved the use of the Arena Grand Prix layout from this year's British GP.

"The new sections of circuit were initially brought in to comply with MotoGP safety regulations, but the 'Arena Complex' was always designed with both two and four-wheeled racing in mind," said Silverstone managing director Richard Phillips.

"We have been very careful, working closely with drivers and riders, to make sure we are improving and enhancing what Silverstone already has to offer - from a drivers', riders' and spectators' point of view."

The new circuit leaves the current GP layout at Abbey and heads through an S-bend to the new Arena complex, before returning down the National track straight to rejoin the existing GP track's stadium section at Brooklands. F1 cars will therefore no longer use Bridge and Priory corners, but it is hoped that the changes will increase overtaking opportunities.

"Some will miss not seeing modern day F1 cars accelerating through Bridge, but we have to move with the times and continue looking at ways to improve the overall experience," Phillips said. "The new layout will bring an extra dimension to Silverstone, a new challenge for the drivers, and will enable fans to get closer to the action.

"We have a very exciting year ahead of us, with F1, MotoGP and World Superbikes all coming to Silverstone, and I can't wait to see how the drivers and riders tackle the new circuit."

The revisions add 760 metres in length to Silverstone's GP track, and are expected to increase F1 lap times by four seconds.

Work on the Arena circuit is already well advanced. Its first race date is set to be the GT1 World Championship round on 1-2 May.

Silverstone is also pushing ahead with plans to create a new pit and paddock complex between Club and Abbey, which it expects to bring into use in 2011.

Haven't they confirmed that no teams can miss any races? They've had long enough to get it sorted, if Lotus can manage it being the last confirmed team then there's no excuse for the others. Get a car out or give up the slot to someone who can I say.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!