Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2010

Retro_Link

Amazing overtaking from Kubica, the guy is a beast.

Fernando was fantastic today. He is such a good driver when he needs to be defensive (Imola 2005) and he was practically flawless today. Well deserved. Have to admit my heart skipped a few beats when I saw Vettel was right up his rear wheel on that last lap but he handled it beautifully and aslong as they keep it cool I think Ferrari vs Webber is what we'll be seeing for the remainder of the season, provided Mark can beat Vettel in Suzuka. If not, Alonso will just be pleased they're taking points off each other.

Disappointed about Schumachers incident, completely ruined his lap and extra pitstop didn't help, and disappointed Massa's strategy didn't work out like it did for Alonso at Monaco.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great race, result-wise and actual in-race interest-wise. I'm really really loving this season.

Definitely thinking it will go down to the last race now, I've found tickets for the main stand in Dubai for £450, just waiting for my mate to get in touch with me and I think I'm going to book them.

Great season.

My head's spinning now. Alonso's rocketed through the pack, with Webber still the favourite following his collision with Hamilton. Total racing incident, fair cop from both of them I reckon. A brash move from Lewis perhaps but the fact he's even willing to try that sort of thing is precisely why I love him so much - win or loose he simply refuses to be dull. I still wouldn't care to place a wager against any of the top five. Four races to go and still anything could happen.

It's all down car development. Ferrari are now clearly up there with the Red Bulls but McLaren are not far behind. If their developments work out Lewis needs a solid result in Suzuka and he can still bounce back strong in the last couple of rounds. That Red Bull though is an almighty force though. Adrian Newey knows his shit, if you'll 'cuse my French. :heh:

My God. This is the greatest F1 season I have ever, ever witnessed. Even peaks '96 for me. I am so tense during the races, even in the 'dull' bits.

Today's race was awesome! I am so disappointed for Lewis that his race ended the way it did, I really don't want any of them to DNF but I do agree with the stewards that it was a racing incident. I don't even want to go out on a limb and name a champion, or even say who won't win it, it's that close. The racing today was superb, as an anti-fan of Alonso and Vettel, I must don my cap in their general direction. A mighty, mighty performance by both of them. Webber also showed his mettle, getting stuck in and passing for position to achieve what was maximum for him today.

Also, KUBICA! He will retire a 3-times world champion, at least. Mark my words, you heard it here first :grin:

I still REALLY want Webber to take the title. But I have to admit that all 5 of them deserve it. Hamilton for outperforming his car on every circuit, driving beyond the limit. Button for showing amazing consistency, pace when necessary and unbeatable race management. Vettel for being a balls out, crazy racer, who over one lap is probably the fastest guy all season. Alonso for his incredible come back and focus since his disappointing first few races. And Webber for literally driving out of his skin. If someone had said Mark Webber would achieve this much this season I would have struggled to believe it, but he really has gone beyond his ability and forever cemented himself, in my mind at least as a world class racer, he really deserves to walk away with the championship after the career and luck he's had. What a story it would be.

Like I said though, I won't make any predictions. Like a fool I stumped £20 on Massa at 11/1 at the start of the season, show's how much I know :grin:

Edited by Nicktendo

I don't think I can add anything to what Nicktendo said, apart from Massa on 11/1 wasn't a bad punt at the start of the year. The way he's been treated by Ferrari in spite of his devotion and efforts has been frankly shocking.

Agreed. If I was him I'd be looking for a drive with Renault or a swap with Red Bull next year. Oh, and I'd definitely be looking to take Rob Smedley with me :laughing:

I wouldn't rule any of the top 5 out. Button is still only a win behind 1st. I have a feeling Vettel might take the WDC, I want to see Hamilton win it though. I honestly can't pick. Imagine if there's still 3/4/5 of them still in with a shot come the last race.

I wouldn't rule any of the top 5 out. Button is still only a win behind 1st. I have a feeling Vettel might take the WDC, I want to see Hamilton win it though. I honestly can't pick. Imagine if there's still 3/4/5 of them still in with a shot come the last race.

Right now I see no reason that there wouldn't be, they seem to be finishing just the right order for it almost to be down to actual positions in the final race. Imagine if all five of them know they win the title if they win that final race, it would be absolutely immense!

Agreed. If I was him I'd be looking for a drive with Renault or a swap with Red Bull next year. Oh, and I'd definitely be looking to take Rob Smedley with me :laughing:
The silly season is Renault to Ferrari, Massa to (Ferrari powered) Sauber... back to where he was before Ferrari.

However much Ferrari bullshit, they do not treat their drivers equally.

Edited by Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up to watch because I thought wet qually might be absolutely awesome if it had some delays but went out inbetween them... didn't this happen at Sazuka last year?... and it was EPIC!! You kinda miss out on this excitement watching the 1.00pm highlights show.

However I went back to sleep pretty much at the end of the build up hour, because everyone was saying it just wasn't gonna happen.

And I thought Lee McKenzie did a very goog job! She slipped up on the occasional word but overall was fine and it's good to know she's a decent stand in if ever needed. Looked quite pretty too.

She also did well to cope with Eddie who kept messing up her links into VT's!

DC was a miserable cunt last night aswell (keeping up his latest trend), having a bit of a dig at Sato.

She also posted on her twitter:

So we are on BBC1 at 1:50am and qual starts at 2am and the race coverage BBC1 at 6am and the race at 7am!

Glad to see the BBC are gonna be able to show qually live!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah, I really like Lee McKenzie. If Jake ever gets moved on to even bigger and better things (as the BBC seems to be grooming him for) Lee would be a great replacement with her easy-going, slightly more journalistic style of presenting.

Hamilton is getting a 5-place penalty for changing a faulty gearbox. It seems to be bad luck followed by good luck - if qualifying had gone ahead after all he'd almost certainly be sitting at the back of the grid having had to change it anyway.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9076871.stm

They were saying last night that if qually can't go ahead before a race then the cars line up in numerical order. If that actually happened it would actually be quite a nice outcome, and would allow the field to become even more level again!

At least the Red Bulls will have to work harder to win if that is the outcome, Practice they were rampant.

They were saying last night that if qually can't go ahead before a race then the cars line up in numerical order. If that actually happened it would actually be quite a nice outcome, and would allow the field to become even more level again!

That would be awesome. I'm definitely getting up for the race tomorrow morning. So rarely get to see a Grand Prix because I work both Saturday and Sunday.

lol so we could have Schumacher and Rosberg on the second row?

Fun for the Ferrari's and the Red Bull's then

Yeah it would be great!

1. Button would have a chance to get loads of points back

2. Hamilton again could bring the fight right back to Webber

3. Schumacher... well um, Michael Schumacher!

4. Rosberg would get a chance at a podium

5. Vettel could fight for the win and get himself right back in the game!

6. Webber well he's out in front points wise anyway, so doesn't need many, but can fight forward

7. Massa... well um, he'll get right out of the way!

8. Alonso, like Webber he's the next best points holder so he doesn't need many and can fight forward.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!