NEurope
or else you will DIE

Rage Against The Machine Xmas No. 1 2009

Rage against the machine are a embarrassment to music.

Infact it's not even music it's noise.

Caris, this post worries me.

Love the song, love RATM. But like many others, I absolutely couldn't care less about the xmas number one.

This. I just listened to the track, WTF! This isn't at all festive or cheery or anything. All I'm hearing is drums played randomly and a bloke shouting something I can't understand. Is the track foreign because I can't understand him? Does anyone have lyrics, he really should have subtitles!

Sorry but Journey over this ANYDAY!

Get your hearing checked.

This. I just listened to the track, WTF! This isn't at all festive or cheery or anything. All I'm hearing is drums played randomly and a bloke shouting something I can't understand. Is the track foreign because I can't understand him? Does anyone have lyrics, he really should have subtitles!

Sorry but Journey over this ANYDAY!

The whole song is about sticking it to the man and in this case Simon Cowell.

Yes a more christmassy number one would have been better. Who's up for fairytale in new york next year? ;)

Since the 90's there hasn't really been any christmas based songs as christmas number one except for band aid etc. I think the last ones were probably spice girls and east 17.

So this song is quite apt seen as the last 5 or more years it's been x-factor/popstars etc type winners getting the number 1 slot and making cowell richer.

I'm not really that fussed about xmas number 1's as generally the charts are full of music that I have never liked. This is just a bit of fun and will be interesting to see how well it does. I reckon maybe top 5 if enough people latch on.

Get your hearing checked.

I have. Unfortunately this guy needs to actually SAY something. I will say this though, if it was Wake Up going to the race, then I would do it.

Here is a list of Christmas Number Ones dating back 10 years. Yes, I'm going all Dante on yo ass, with the copying and the pasting.

1999 Westlife "I Have A Dream" / "Seasons in the Sun"

2000 Bob The Builder "Can We Fix It?"

2001 Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman "Somethin' Stupid"

2002 Girls Aloud "Sound of the Underground"

2003 Michael Andrews & Gary Jules "Mad World"

2004 Band Aid 20 "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

2005 Shayne Ward "That's My Goal"

2006 Leona Lewis "A Moment Like This"

2007 Leon Jackson "When You Believe"

2008 Alexandra Burke "Hallelujah"

How many covers? How many of these are actually Christmas songs?

If anyone believes that Rage against the Machine do not deserve to get to Christmas Number 1 because it "isn't a Christmas song", then where have you been for the last 10 years? You're kidding yourselves. :heh:

Having Rage as a Christmas Number One is just as deserving as these past choices. From 2005 to 2009, the winner has been an X-Factor Winner. It's almost a monopoly. I think many believe that having Rage as a competitor is a "stand" towards this.

If there's even the slightest chance of another "Radio 1 gate", count me in.

Riddled with the word ‘fuck’, the anti-war song caused certain notoriety on its 1992 release when the BBC’s Radio 1 Chart Show played an uncensored version of the piece as it hit the lower reaches of the chart back then.

It was an accident IIRC.

That group is by the same bloke who tried to get Rick Astley to #1 last year and miserably failed.

Arsehole wasn't trying hard enough.

Here is a list of Christmas Number Ones dating back 10 years. Yes, I'm going all Dante on yo ass, with the copying and the pasting.

If anyone believes that Rage against the Machine do not deserve to get to Christmas Number 1 because it "isn't a Christmas song", then where have you been for the last 10 years? You're kidding yourselves. :heh:

Having Rage as a Christmas Number One is just as deserving as these past choices. From 2005 to 2009, the winner has been an X-Factor Winner. It's almost a monopoly. I think many believe that having Rage as a competitor is a "stand" towards this.

As I said Wake Up or Know Your Enemy, would have probably supported it. The song they're releasing for the Christmas Number 1 is crap. TBH, since you're all saying it's so great, have I even heard the right song? It is 'Killing In The Name', right?

OK, my friend has just sent me the MP3 of the song, way better quality than what I heard and I can understand the guy so I take it back. The track is actually alright. Still, prefer Muppets or Journey.

Don't forget, chavs have already pre-ordered the winner's song last year for this year's release and then you have people who will buy it this year. You think you can beat them? Power to you! But I'm not buying it.

Edited by Animal

As I said Wake Up or Know Your Enemy, would have probably supported it. The song they're releasing for the Christmas Number 1 is crap. TBH, since you're all saying it's so great, have I even heard the right song? It is 'Killing In The Name', right?

It is that song, hehe. It's not going to be to everyone's taste, but generally it's rated very highly amongst Rage fans. I love it. Have some very fine memories of it. Hearing it come on in a rock club and then losing yourself to eet. Ahh. :)

Arsehole wasn't trying hard enough.

Word. I had hyped the group to as many people as possible only to find most of the plonkers bought the wrong version or on sites that didn't count towards the chart. It got to like 50-something in the end, shocking.

OK, my friend has just sent me the MP3 of the song, way better quality than what I heard and I can understand the guy so I take it back. The track is actually alright. Still, prefer Muppets or Journey.

You have to understand it's context to fully appreciate it. Released way back in 1992, I think. Give the whole album a listen. It's spectacular.

Settle For Nothing is my favourite RATM song.

You have to understand it's context to fully appreciate it. Released way back in 1992, I think. Give the whole album a listen. It's spectacular.

Settle For Nothing is my favourite RATM song.

I will do :)

And the one I heard on YouTube were just clips of songs merged together. Who's bright idea was that? :hmm:

Edited by Animal

If you don't like it, then you don't like it, but give it a fair chance. :hehe:

The whole song is about sticking it to the man and in this case Simon Cowell.

Yes a more christmassy number one would have been better. Who's up for fairytale in new york next year? ;)

Since the 90's there hasn't really been any christmas based songs as christmas number one except for band aid etc. I think the last ones were probably spice girls and east 17.

So this song is quite apt seen as the last 5 or more years it's been x-factor/popstars etc type winners getting the number 1 slot and making cowell richer.

I'm not really that fussed about xmas number 1's as generally the charts are full of music that I have never liked. This is just a bit of fun and will be interesting to see how well it does. I reckon maybe top 5 if enough people latch on.

ok since the 90's the only real one I think of this.

love it or hate it's defo true.

and while your talking about fairytale of new york. YOU ENGLISH RUINED THE SONG lol at least your music channels do :D why do ye cut out the word faggot everytime it's played? sigh...

But ya anyone notice a real lack of christmas songs being played this year? They are playing some real strange ones sometimes.:o

I love that Darkness song! ^ :D

This Rage thing won't get anywhere. Rage to be no.1! Muppets to be no.1! Journey to be no.1!

= split in 3, therefore the X Factor just wins easier.

I love that Darkness song! ^ :D

This Rage thing won't get anywhere. Rage to be no.1! Muppets to be no.1! Journey to be no.1!

= split in 3, therefore the X Factor just wins easier.

What they need to do is unite all 3 factions.

A Union of the THREE Towers!

Part Muppets. Part Journey. Filled with Rage.

if everyone united sales together i dont think i would make much difference even..

They don't sell as well. Rarely has a song made number 1 twice for instance. Bohemian rhapsody was the first to do in the early 90's I don't think many have done it since....

Don't know how the download chart affects things however..

But if you are to fight the x factor. You need a new song, but I suppose nobody has the guts to release their best tracks around now.

Edited by mcj metroid

I think 1999 by Prince has done so twice (or maybe it was in America), in 1982 when it first came out and then in the titular year as a rerelease.

The word Crimbo makes me want to snap necks. Worse than "Hogmanay". *shivers*

Nah apparently its a Hannah Montana song!!!!

Well, we never know in this day and age. I don't think anything has been 100% confirmed as to what song X-F will use.

What they need to do is unite all 3 factions.

A Union of the THREE Towers!

Part Muppets. Part Journey. Filled with Rage.

Now that i would support.

W ... T ... F ...

It's better than most of the last few Xmas number 1's.

Trust me.