Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo cutting down Wii production. Wii HD closer?

Choze

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I just think its a sign that the Wii is no longer selling in stupidly huge numbers and that they are scaling back to avoid huge overstocks...simples...

How dare you use the preschool theory of supply and demand to explain such a thing?

TEH WiI iZ D0000000M3d!!!! LOLOL.

:hmm:

Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

3 million Nintendo consoles in one week? That's insane. As when the PS2 was on top, I'm wondering who is still buying them? Surely everyone that wanted one would have bought one by now?

Ha, that's what I always think too and what I always point out to people saying that everyone already has X console. PS2 didn't reach market saturation, and apparently no console ever will.

Edited by Shino

Personally I just think its a sign that the Wii is no longer selling in stupidly huge numbers and that they are scaling back to avoid huge overstocks...simples...

Nah didn't you see? Miyamoto was spotted buying a HDTV, WII HD CONFIRMMMMMMMED!

Also he picked up some wool. Wii Knitting - Christmas 2010.

(edit - 21,000th post o_O)

Edited by Ashley

Although, I don't think its working. Every store I've gone into that sells the console for the last month or so has had a huge pile of Wii consoles, and copies of Wii Fit Plus. Not just fake boxes either, judging by the fact that they were stacked so it was hard to tell what was in the box.

Nah didn't you see? Miyamoto was spotted buying a HDTV, WII HD CONFIRMMMMMMMED!

Miyamoto has always been really lax on these things. I remember a few months ago him saying along the lines of "If I have a HD TV then of course I'd like to play my games in HD. Simple as that". That being said, Miyamoto will always be one of those 'Gameplay > Graphics' guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Last week's sales data (worldwide):

DS 1,866,022

Wii 1,543,557

PS3 1,002,735

360 658,860

PSP 451,185

If any of the three console manufacturers will be thinking of a new system it'll be Microsoft

nah i'd say nintendo will most definetly be the first to release a new system although you never know. I am pretty sure sony are happy with the way the ps3 is performing right now and aren't going to change that for another 3 or 4 years at least.

nah i'd say nintendo will most definetly be the first to release a new system although you never know. I am pretty sure sony are happy with the way the ps3 is performing right now and aren't going to change that for another 3 or 4 years at least.

Those are pretty healthy figures for Nintendo. And Sony are doing pretty well with the PS3 too. Microsoft should be concerned, thats a significant lead the PS3 has had over the last few months.

Edited by david.dakota

Back to the title - thank God they're cutting production. All Wiis do is sit neglected under the TVs of naive parents that think they're buying a good, valuable product that will unite them with their children only to be forgotten after a month because they can't see beyond Wii Fit and don't really know what software is worth buying, partly because there isn't any.

Guest Captain Falcon
Back to the title - thank God they're cutting production. All Wiis do is sit neglected under the TVs of naive parents that think they're buying a good, valuable product that will unite them with their children only to be forgotten after a month because they can't see beyond Wii Fit and don't really know what software is worth buying - something that can be said for a lot of Wii owners

You're welcome.

Back to the title - thank God they're cutting production. All Wiis do is sit neglected under the TVs of naive parents that think they're buying a good, valuable product that will unite them with their children only to be forgotten after a month because they can't see beyond Wii Fit and don't really know what software is worth buying, partly because there isn't any.

Why don't you go troll somewhere like Gametrailers or gamespot, it's a lot easier, and less annoying to us.

I feel obliged to thank this post because I for one enjoy trolling. But you should atleast make an effort. :I

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!