NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Call of Duty debate: World at War or Modern Warfare 2?

Which game do you like better?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you like better?

• Modern Warfare 2 FTW!
    • World at War FTW!
    • None of them, the series suck!

I was just wondering what you guys thought was better. World at War or Modern Warfare 2.

In my opinion, Modern Warfare 2 all the way for me BUT I will say that it has one flaw. Veteran Mode. It's seriously easy. With World at War, I was stuck on Burn 'Em Out for a month but I'm already halfway through Veteran mode on MW2 and I started today. Apart from that, EVERYTHING in MW2 is so much better than WAW for me.

So just wondering what you guys thought.

Modern Warfare 2 or World at War...there's only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! :p

Edited by Animal

Just wondering...why do your posts look like they were written on a Windows 3.1 computer?

Comparing World at War to Modern Warfare 2 is like comparing Ninjabread Man to Super Mario Galaxy.

Just wondering...why do your posts look like they were written on a Windows 3.1 computer?

Comparing World at War to Modern Warfare 2 is like comparing Ninjabread Man to Super Mario Galaxy.

I just fancied a change tbh. Just messing about with the fonts to see which one looks cool. I'm probably gonna stick with this one right now.

And yeah, you'd think but I know some people who prefer WaW to MW2...crazy people! lmao.

World at War wins on ending alone. Much better than the ending to MW2. The whole running across the top of the Reichstag with the flag to plant it and the whole bit leading up to it was really well done; really intense. MW2 just didn't have that.

But for overall game, I don't know. Both had really good bits and bits that dragged. I'd personally say CoD4 still wins it, but then when I think of that I'm basically giving it that merit based on the sniper levels.

Anyone who votes for World at War should be banned not just from N-Europe, but from life.

I just fancied a change tbh. Just messing about with the fonts to see which one looks cool. I'm probably gonna stick with this one right now.

And yeah, you'd think but I know some people who prefer WaW to MW2...crazy people! lmao.

No comics sans. Just, no.

I got the beta for WaW

it was a nightmarish hellthing. Devoid of skill and craftsmanship on every level.

MW2 is the daddy.

Surely CoD4 vs MW2 would make a more interesting poll?

True but I hear WaW vs MW2 more than I do MW vs MW2 for some reason. But if I had to choose MW or MW2, I couldn't because I haven't played MW yet, lol.

World at War for me, but that's basically because the single player in Modern Warfare 2 sucks donkey balls. It all feels like a rather tedious journey from one set piece to the next, the story is crap and half of the levels are dull/infuriating. I quite liked WaW, it felt like COD4 taken back to the WWII era. MW2 on the other hand is COD4's bad Hollywood sequel, Ocean's Twelve comes to mind. Enjoyable, but disappointing.

Can't comment on the multiplayer though, I sold WaW before I got back online. Modern Warfare 2's is enjoyable, not too sure on the Killstreak Rewards though. Some of them are so horribly overpowered they're essentially handing good players some easy kills, further widening the gap when teams are stacked.

Can't comment on the multiplayer though, I sold WaW before I got back online. Modern Warfare 2's is enjoyable, not too sure on the Killstreak Rewards though. Some of them are so horribly overpowered they're essentially handing good players some easy kills, further widening the gap when teams are stacked.

WaW's online was ok, enjoyable but not as much fun as Mw2's. Killstreak rewards are kinda balanced. If i'm doing really well overall say 20 kills to 8 deaths then the rewards are usually just a uav or counter uav. but if i'm doing terribly 2 kills to 14 deaths (Which now thankfully rarely happens) i can get missile strikes, helicopters or once a EMP!! granted if i'm doing well i manage to get helicopters every so often

Campaign mode's, I didn't actually finish WaW, don't like the WW2 guns especially seeing as they made the only WW2 gun I did actually like, rubbish (Kar98K) Add that to the grenade spam of Veteran I didn't play it much. MW2's story, while filled with plot holes and not making any sense, was just like a high budget Hollywood action film, so kept me entertained.

Competitive Multiplayer is won by MW2 aswell. Better guns, more kill streaks, and a load more things to level up. Although the kill streaks do unbalance it a lot, my friend got 81 kills to 19 deaths the other day.

WaW destroys MW2 in terms of Co-operative multiplayer. I haven't unlocked all the Spec-OPs yet, but I don't think there's a 4 player survival one with infinite rounds is there?

to be honest I enjoy both gamesb but I did find veteran mode quite annoying on waw just because as someone else said it does spam grenades at you alot and the ai can be a bit annoyingly.

I found Modern Warfare 2 to be really disappointing. It felt very short lived and it seemed like the story was a case of them just trying too hard. Removing co-op in campaign was a huge step backward in my opinion, it was one of the best parts of WaW.

I don't play much multiplayer but from what I can see it's not all that great. It feels like IW got a bit lazy when they decided to introduce a death perk over just fixing spawns. In the games I've played the game was practically over after somebody spawn killed enough times to get a bunch of killstreaks. WaW had spawning problems too but it didn't feel as though it contributed to defeat as much as it does now. :hmm:

I expected WaW to suck but I was surprised at how good it was. Having played a bit of 4 recently, MW2 just feels like a disappointment.

I found Modern Warfare 2 to be really disappointing. It felt very short lived and it seemed like the story was a case of them just trying too hard. Removing co-op in campaign was a huge step backward in my opinion, it was one of the best parts of WaW.

I don't play much multiplayer but from what I can see it's not all that great. It feels like IW got a bit lazy when they decided to introduce a death perk over just fixing spawns. In the games I've played the game was practically over after somebody spawn killed enough times to get a bunch of killstreaks. WaW had spawning problems too but it didn't feel as though it contributed to defeat as much as it does now. :hmm:

I expected WaW to suck but I was surprised at how good it was. Having played a bit of 4 recently, MW2 just feels like a disappointment.

some of that is valid, the removal of multiplayer co-op was a bad move, but the online does have a good feel about it, however matches aren't always as close as WaW was. Its become a bit more hectic in my opinion which is a good thing, i think the level design is such that camping is not as easy, sure there's spots but there's always a alternate way to flank em. plus 3rd person is a brave addition which to me doesn't really work but's still fun.

having said that i never owned CoD 4 so i dont truely know what the online was like, i'm speaking as a WaW player who's not played 4 (i've played local multi, but never online)

Sign in to follow this