N-Europe

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

Dante

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome :yay:

The DS just keeps on giving :hehe: I wasn't the biggest fan of Hotel Dusk: Room 215, though I did enjoy it (just not quite as much as a lot of others :heh:)

A sequel certainly interests me, though, and I look forward to exploring a new location :smile: ..and hopefully a less brown one : peace:

AWESOME! Hotel dusk is definitely one of my favourite DS games. I've been clinging to the hopes that a sequel would be made, maybe even for the wii, and now i'm sooo happy =]

On the topic of the name, I don't think they'd have Hotel Dusk in teh title, because it doesnt occur in hotel dusk lol. I'd imagine that Nintendo would print "sequel to the mystery novel game Hotel Dusk" somewhere on the cover though.

Oh em gee YES YES YES! :D

Absolutely loved the first game, so much infact that i played through it AGAIN over summer and fell for it again; the script, music and characters were just brilliant and i loved the style of the game. Oh, and Kyle hyde is just <3

AWESOME! Hotel dusk is definitely one of my favourite DS games. I've been clinging to the hopes that a sequel would be made, maybe even for the wii, and now i'm sooo happy =]

On the topic of the name, I don't think they'd have Hotel Dusk in teh title, because it doesnt occur in hotel dusk lol. I'd imagine that Nintendo would print "sequel to the mystery novel game Hotel Dusk" somewhere on the cover though.

yeah exactly that title was very specific to the location where everything happen so I wouldn't expect it to be part of the title, but like you said will appear somewhere on the box...Really excited about this :bouncy::bouncy:

Oh, and Kyle hyde is just <3

Whoooo Kyle Hyde! :love:

Great to hear there'll be a sequel, I quite loved the first one. Might not be everybody's cup of tea but I loved the story, the characters, the music. A sequel would be very welcome. =)

From Neogaf =

I'm going to take a stab at the Last Window impressions, since no one else seems to have bothered translating it.

Basically the retailer staffer posting about the game gives a rundown on the new features of the sequel, while talking about various interface improvements from the first game. In general the game is very similar to the original in terms of visual and audio style, and fans of the original will feel right at home. The game takes place a year after the original, and is set in 1980 in Los Angeles. The setting of the sequel is in the Cape West Apartments. The story in the sequel stands alone from the previous games, even though there might be connections that fans of the original can pick up on. Those who have not played the original will not feel particularly lost in this game.

The main character is still Kyle, and he's still a dick. It's all good though, because fans will probably not have it any other way. There are two major additions to the sequel he mentions. One is the ignore function. In the original game, progression is pretty much always made when you butt into other people's problems in conversations, etc. In the sequel, more attention will have to be paid when you decide whether you want to butt in or to ignore something, because there is a possibility of getting a game over if you butt into everything. At least, that's what I think he's saying.

As for the other major feature, there is a novel inside the game called "Last Window" as well. It is a companion piece to the game, and a chapter unlocks each time you clear a story chapter. The novel will touch in various sub-scenarios which flesh out the events of the game outside of Kyle's immediate adventure, and involves the overall setting in the game and the other characters. Apparently the contents of the novel (which I assume is actually being 'written' as you play the game) is influenced by your choices in the game itself, so there is replay value in trying to discover all the "variations" in the novel.

He also mentions that the game supports the rumble cart, and that it has 3 save slots.

Hurrah! Hotel Dusk was definitely in my top 10 DS games. I'd put my DS away for ages until the latest Mario and Prof Layton games, which have made me dust it off. It's great to hear that there are more decent games on the horizon. Hopefully the Europe release won't be too far off.

Well looks like we'll have Cings other title Again: Eye of Providence to tide us over till this gets a west release. Eurogamer is reporting that it will have a definite release early next year> People were calling this "Hotel Dusks spiritual successor" when it looked like there would be no Hotel Dusk 2, but looks like we can drop that =]

GoNintendo have a 'First Look' of Last Window and Dynamic Slash posted on their site which basically consists of a couple of images and some Japanese text :heh:

I was kinda hoping the sequel would be less.. brown :eek: At the moment, however, it certainly has a very similar look to Room 215!

Edited by nekunando

GoNintendo have a 'First Look' of Last Window and Dynamic Slash posted on their site which basically consists of a couple of images and some Japanese text :heh:

I was kinda hoping the sequel would be less.. brown :eek: At the moment, however, it certainly has a very similar look to Room 215!

nah keep the art style i'd say. Some of the best style I've ever seen, especially on ds.

However i would like a much much larger environment to work with this time, Imagine( doubtful though) something the size of a resident evil mansion to work with.

Also the music was great in the first.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

but that lounge theme was very repetitive

Some of the puzzles in the original were very very random too though. I did find myself reading gamefaq for that chalk puzzle.

But boy did the first get so epic towards the end. The kind of epic resident evil games give you or metroid games give you in the final countdown

Looking forward to this a lot.

Edited by mcj metroid