Frou Frou

FROU.jpg

Youtube

We7

spotify:track:4yNTZbEE5mo6GNNfWIEqIr

This Is Hardcore -

Pulp

PULP.jpg

Youtube (The actors in the video are not part of the song)

We7

spotify:track:1gWAKdDmG4LfhzsYdezAHu

---

Round 1

Match 1: Joy Division vs. Nine Inch Nails

Match 2: Patrick Wolf vs. Dashboard Confessional

Match 3: Daft Punk vs. Major Lazer

Match 4: Fleet Foxes vs. Florence and the Machine

Match 5: Boney M. vs. Sonic Youth

Match 6: Kylie Minogue vs. Jade Ewen

Match 7: Susan Cadogan vs. Evanescence

Match 8: The Smiths vs. We Are Scientists

---

Get listening, then vote!

Pulp was alright but I've loved Details (Frou Frou's album) since discovering it about five years ago. Such uplifting stuff so I'm going for Frou Frou - Must be Dreaming (even though I think 'Let Go' is better).

(although all those adverts on the video were annoying)

I love. I never realised Imogen Heap was in Frou Frou. I knew the voice was really familiar, but could never place it.

I actually really like both songs in this round.

I was expecting This Is Hardcore to be quite bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. Loads of lovely instrumental bits. Felt a bit too long though. (I liked the video too).

Frou Frou stuns me. Great electropop. It's more my type of thing than Pulp is, thus Must Be Dreaming from me.

Imogen Heap (and Frou Frou) trouble me. I like all the stuff I've heard, and own both her last two albums...but there's something that never REALLY clicks with me. It always sounds a bit wispy, like she/they're too scared to just settle. I know that's kinda what they're after, but it doesn't sit right with me. I can't listen to Speak For Yourself the whole way through. I prefer her new album. [/over]

I liked Pulp, but not as much as I was hoping. Both these songs were sort of disappointing, but I'm going to vote Must Be Dreaming in the end.

I went and bought Frou Frou's Details after this round, and I'm genuinely disappointed. Must Be Dreaming, and 2 or 3 other tracks are the only good ones on the whole album.

You really can't fault Imogen Heap's voice, but when she's singing about an answering machine...

It's very much a background music album. Which in some senses is good, because I always either turn to Air or Dido when I have people in my room, and both of them get somewhat tiresome (not Dido though - I lovelovelove her).

I went and bought Frou Frou's Details after this round, and I'm genuinely disappointed. Must Be Dreaming, and 2 or 3 other tracks are the only good ones on the whole album.

You really can't fault Imogen Heap's voice, but when she's singing about an answering machine...

It's very much a background music album. Which in some senses is good, because I always either turn to Air or Dido when I have people in my room, and both of them get somewhat tiresome (not Dido though - I lovelovelove her).

Its one of those albums I love, but seldom listen to. I think yeah, it would be great to have as background music when friends are around.

Let Go is fucking amazing though.

(and I'm a little appalled you tired of Air but not Dido. Freakin' Dido! :heh:)