NEurope
Pit-Jr

Demon's Souls

I'm walking really slowly with the Meat Cleaver but am not over burdened. Is that normal?

There's 2 possibilities:

1. You're not actually pure white character tendency. Perhaps very close though.

2. You didn't answer 'yes' to his question at the beginning of the game (along the lines of 'will you save the world?' Not to worry though - after completing the game, you literally just need to talk to him when required to, say yes this time, and as long as you still have pure white character tendency you'll get it then.

I definitely said 'yes' to the Monumentals quest at the beginning of the game. So I'm probably not quite pure white.

Although I have read around on some forums about this. And for some unknown reason the Monumental can keep hold of the ring.

I'm walking really slowly with the Meat Cleaver but am not over burdened. Is that normal?

It is if you don't have high enough endurance and you equip a load if heavy stuff. Best bet is to equip light armour for the meat cleaver, then when your end is higher put on a better shield. To test how weighed sown you are, unequip everything and try roll, if you don't roll like that when your stuff is back on, equip lighter stuff instead.

Edited by Sheikah

Just got summoned as the Old Monk, and some poor soul got a Meatcleaver to the face. The online in this game is nothing short of revolutionary.

p.s, What does the Old Monks head dress do?

What it says in the description basically. It isn't that great.

ASSASSINS MASK! DO IT!

Ah right, I thought it may have some hidden abilities like more souls per kill or whatever.

Think I'll stick to the Binded Mask, it looks badass.

What it says in the description basically. It isn't that great.

ASSASSINS MASK! DO IT!

I heard it's pretty good for insane PvP magic destroyers; it'll increase your magic by around 30% and coupled with the insanity catalyst does even more. But if you're not a magic user it's terrible (guessing he's not) since you get a 40% magic defense decrease.

I heard it's pretty good for insane PvP magic destroyers; it'll increase your magic by around 30% and coupled with the insanity catalyst does even more. But if you're not a magic user it's terrible (guessing he's not) since you get a 40% magic defense decrease.

I started leveling up magic and faith stats (up to around the mid-twenties). Then buffed up my strength, vitality and dexterity. So sort of a Battle Mage char.

Finished it earlier, and its definitely one of my favourite if not the favourite game of this generation. Along with Uncharted 2, Streetfighter IV and CoD4.

I was surprised the end boss was so...........pathetic? I was expecting something a little more epic, not something I could just walk up to and hack away. I'm not complaining, it made a refreshing change to the punishing difficulty of some of the bosses, and I suppose a fitting end to all the hard work put in up to that point. Almost an interactive cut-scene.

Going to start New Game+ this weekend, and try and mop up the Trophies. I can see the 'obtain best weapon by Sharpstone/Dragonstone/Moonstone etc' be a complete grind fest.

Yeah...you can get people to trade those items to you to get the trophies that way. Saves the grind.

Yeah...you can get people to trade those items to you to get the trophies that way. Saves the grind.

Fancy lending a hand?

I haven't played this game but this is really bugging me.

Surely it should be called Demons' Souls...

Just got my first bow. The lava bow! And with it I raped the Shit monster boss on 5-1.

Fancy lending a hand?

Sure, won't be on until later in the week though. Make sure you have a low level character, maybe around L5 or so, and that they've completed level 1-1. Will need the stuff back though after you ding the trophies.

I haven't played this game but this is really bugging me.

Surely it should be called Demons' Souls...

No because each a demon has collected many thousands of human souls. Thus the objective is to obtain a demon's souls.

Edited by Sheikah

Just got my first bow. The lava bow! And with it I raped the Shit monster boss on 5-1.

Just make sure to go to that spot opposite the second boss (5-2) where you can do the same thing. In fact, if you have a decent bow you can kill any world 5 boss amazingly easily. It's quite frightening really.

There's 5 unique weapons I need for the unique weapon trophy. 4 of them are in Valley of Defilement, the only world I haven't done in my new playthrough, plus that'll mean I have pure white world tendency & pure black character tendency, which fill out requirements for 2 of those weapons. The other is in 3-1 where you have to have pure black WT, which is fine seeing as I've completed it. Black Phantom Rydell sounds difficult. Meh.

Anyway, I'm going to obtain all of these weapons for pride. Slightly miffed I found the slug-nest and wacked it down in 5-2 but didn't bother to check out what was in it at the bottom. It's quite an annoying place to get to.

Sure, won't be on until later in the week though. Make sure you have a low level character, maybe around L5 or so, and that they've completed level 1-1. Will need the stuff back though after you ding the trophies.

I am working away all week mate, so what about sometime over the coming weekend?

I'll just drop the item as soon as the trophy pops, then move onto the next one if thats ok?

I should be on around Friday and Saturday. I'll drop all the weapons, pick them all up, wait until X number of trophies ding (X being the number of weapons dropped) then drop them all again so I can pick up. :)

Nice one Shiekah,

Then its just a case of playing through the game another couple of times to buy all the Miracles and Spells, obtain all the rings and find all unique weapons!

Anyone got the EU version want to trade weapons and items for Trophies? I need some of the unique weapons and 'Best by X stone' weapons.

Started a new run through of this last week in anticipation of Dark Souls. I managed to get myself horribly addicted again. Now after several playthroughs, some careful offline world tendency manipulation, and a shitload of farming for stones, I finally have the elusive Platinum Trophy.

platinum.png

I never, ever, want to see another black phantom skeleton again.

Nice work, I would've gone for that but the tendency thing grinds my gears, and there's a ring you can get from a swamp like place by hacking down a hive of slugs, I did this oncce but didn't claim it when it fell to the bottom and beyond that mishap I couldn't bring myself to bear the poisonous swamp area again.