NEurope
Pit-Jr

Demon's Souls

Those platforms were a shortcut?!? What's the long cut? That's how I got down.

I've almost got PWT on world 2 but I think I'm one short and all the bosses are dead...Is there any way to up this? I think I've fucked it up.... Grrrr...

It's not worth crying over, I'm not sure you can actually change it now.

The 'long cut', where you can find a lot of items, is if you run to the left after armour spider and go through the door, there's a pretty large chunk of level there, you eventually wind up going through a tunnel, where you can drop down to the bottom of the platform bit.

I'm begining to think I made a mistake importing this game, everyone seems to be playing the new european version :(. I only imported it at christmas as I thought we weren't getting it over here ...

Some twat just invaded my game and crushed me with a fuck off massive sword in like 3 hits. Couldn't even block it with the PFS.

Uuurgh...

Right at the start of a level too. Honestly, what is the point?

There's quite a lot of point. That was probably the Meat Cleaver, it's best not to use your shield much in PvP, just roll all the way. Btw if you can kill a boss before returning to nexus, that is obviously preferable because you'll not experience a tendency change.

Na I think it was that bone cruncher one from the Dragon God room. I've got the meat cleaver. I couldn't really roll because I was on a bridge. The boss of 3-2 looks tough. I just got crunched by him. The reason I was in body form was to summon some souls to help. Instead some random inbred turned up.

I need to get a new sword. Current one has become a bit wank.

I want to get Miraldas armour in 1-1. But I need to raise the WT to pure white. Can I summon a Blue Phantom and keep reviving him? (Obviously a friend who would keep dying on purpose), Would this work to raise WT in Bolatarian Palace?

Yeah, and likewise would it be possible for a friend to invade my game one world 2 so I could kill them and raise the WT to pure white?

Managed to get Pure White Tendency in 1-1 when I defeated Penetrator (lol). Daft, I don't know if you know this, but playing while connected to PSN will gradually shift the WT back to whatever the Global WT is, which is around Neutral/White at the moment. I played while offline to raise the WT in my game.

However you will miss out on the Dragon Bone Smasher as that needs pure white tendency when you enter the boss arena

Just to say, you can get the DBS at any time by having pure White character tendency instead of world tendency. Not many actually know, but killing a few invaders will give you pure White character tendency, which clears the other pile of rubble (one closest to entrance). You can also abuse a sort of glitch to easily get pure White world tendency on any world. If you google the colorless demons souls farming guide, this also works to make your world tendency go closer to pure White. Saves replaying the game and worrying about dying in body form. :p

Edited by Sheikah

Yeah, and likewise would it be possible for a friend to invade my game one world 2 so I could kill them and raise the WT to pure white?

That'll raise your character tendency, not your wt, but that's very worthwhile to make certain swords do much more damage. Plus bags of fun. :p

Sorry for the bizarre 2 posts, it seemed easier this way on iPhone the day after a party lol.

Edited by Sheikah

I murdered Yurt. Was that a good idea? I didn't like his tone.

Yeah it was, he's a cock. Killing him and getting pure black character tendency also opens up the opportunity to do some naughty deeds for Mephistopheles the witch in the nexus, for some decent rewards.

Yes! If for no other reason than to pick up the awesome (-looking) Gloom armor set.

As the manual states, Yurt lets no good deed go unpunished.

Sweet. Although no armour I've found has been better than my starting Temple Knight armour.

Still looking for a better sword and my Soul Arrow is becoming a bit crap.

Haha, I remember when I did this I backstabbed him with the meat cleaver, after which the animation lunged him forward off the edge and he died from the fall. Felt ace.

Sweet. Although no armour I've found has been better than my starting Temple Knight armour.

Can you roll properly in that getup? Heavy armour really affects stamina regen too. Unless you're duelling someone really intense, it's usually best to stick to non-stamina impeding armour that lets you roll about freely. I really like the Black Leather set since it has fantastic poison resistance, and doesn't impede stamina regen. The poison resistance is great for world 5.

Edited by Sheikah

I've just let Yurt out of his cage, when does he appear in the Nexus? I don't want him murdering the NPC's.

Haha, I remember when I did this I backstabbed him with the meat cleaver, after which the animation lunged him forward off the edge and he died from the fall. Felt ace.

Can you roll properly in that getup? Heavy armour really affects stamina regen too. Unless you're duelling someone really intense, it's usually best to stick to non-stamina impeding armour that lets you roll about freely. I really like the Black Leather set since it has fantastic poison resistance, and doesn't impede stamina regen. The poison resistance is great for world 5.

I pretty much kept Black Leather on the whole game due my thief's terrible equip burden and stamina.

Gloom armor also has good poison resistance but its quite heavy if i recall

Yeah, it also looks badass. If you go with a good shield and weapon setup then your armour shouldn't matter much. Plus from what I remember, armour defence is rather unknown in terms of how it affects damage taken, so it might not be that worth equipping great armour.

My armour -

Assassin's Mask

Black Leather Boots

Priests Gloves

Wizard's Clothes

The assassin's mask is the best thing because it looks badass and has some pretty decent stats.

FUCCCKKKKKKK

waste-gash. Unlocked Mephistopheles and she asks me to get rid of Sage Freke and his followers. Now I thought that meant all the wizardy people, and so I killed Yuria the Witch. Now I can't get the bloody ring of devout prayer because apparently you have to wait til she asks you to assassinate her specifically. You can fuck right off FromSoftware.

The thing that's shit about it is that I knew you don't get the rewards if they're dead before you go and see Mephistopheles, so naturally I thought after speaking to her it would be fine. Obviously not. Tw*t!

Gonna have to look for a saviour...

...you know

FUCCCKKKKKKK

waste-gash. Unlocked Mephistopheles and she asks me to get rid of Sage Freke and his followers. Now I thought that meant all the wizardy people, and so I killed Yuria the Witch. Now I can't get the bloody ring of devout prayer because apparently you have to wait til she asks you to assassinate her specifically. You can fuck right off FromSoftware.

The thing that's shit about it is that I knew you don't get the rewards if they're dead before you go and see Mephistopheles, so naturally I thought after speaking to her it would be fine. Obviously not. Tw*t!

Gonna have to look for a saviour...

...you know

Think you mean the foe's ring. I've only got one...although if it's the last ring you need I could lend it to you to ding the trophy, then pass it back. I won't be on until Sat though...

Oh yeah that's the one, I got the devout prayer from Urbain obviously.

That would be good though.

I've managed to get pure white character tendency by killing some invading black phantoms. But now the Monumental doesn't seem to want to give me the friendship ring. I've tried in soul and human form but still nothing. Is there any other criteria I have to meet? Such as slaying 'x' amount of Archdemons?

This fucking glitch has come back where the analogue stick keep reasigning my fucking weapons and shield. I've tried restarting my console once, and the same thing. I can't find this problem anywhere and my controller is perfectly fine with other games.

I've managed to get pure white character tendency by killing some invading black phantoms. But now the Monumental doesn't seem to want to give me the friendship ring. I've tried in soul and human form but still nothing. Is there any other criteria I have to meet? Such as slaying 'x' amount of Archdemons?

There's 2 possibilities:

1. You're not actually pure white character tendency. Perhaps very close though.

2. You didn't answer 'yes' to his question at the beginning of the game (along the lines of 'will you save the world?' Not to worry though - after completing the game, you literally just need to talk to him when required to, say yes this time, and as long as you still have pure white character tendency you'll get it then.