NEurope
Pit-Jr

Demon's Souls

I am such a fucking tit. I used the Swollen demon's soul to get the regeneration miracle. That means I can't make the meatcleaver. Fuck sake.

Suggestions for other great melee weapons? I've been using a +5 axe for ages and it just isn't very good. Plus the Meatcleaver is so fucking easy to make. PLEEEB!

Neither can I get the demonbrand because I don't remember where Ostrava went.

Any chance of getting a meatcleaver and dropping it for me Sheikah?

Edit: Got playing this after the mentioned absence. Had a couple of hours on it, turned out to be very productive. It involved farming the souls off the grim, using them to upgrade faith so I could learn the second chance miracle because I needed an extra memory slot. Then I decided I would try and beat Scirvir with the bow, so I got black tendency, spent a while getting Scirvir's health down, and once he was at 20% or so, I managed to stop him from healing with each hit, which was less difficult than my last attempt because he kept running around.

So I get the much wanted Talisman of Beasts, only to find I needed to upgrade faith skill twice more. So I did a bit more farming for it and I can now use it.

Feels so good, plus I dumped a load of equipment and shizzle and sorted my inventory out. That can be somehow very satisfying in itself. To top of a semi-grinding, semi relearning Demon's Souls experience, I discovered the Talisman does a good 30 more damage than the catalyst. Awesome.

I was thinking to myself about not playing the game, and I wondered if it really was as great as what I had said in earlier posts, but tonight confirmed it, so good news.

If only I had a good weapon for christ sake. The axe is OK but I'd like something heroic that matches the growing prowess of my character. I'd kind of like something that you haven't had a go with Sheikah, just so I can test it.

Edited by dwarf

I am such a fucking tit. I used the Swollen demon's soul to get the regeneration miracle. That means I can't make the meatcleaver. Fuck sake.

Suggestions for other great melee weapons? I've been using a +5 axe for ages and it just isn't very good. Plus the Meatcleaver is so fucking easy to make. PLEEEB!

Edit: Got playing this after the mentioned absence. Had a couple of hours on it, turned out to be very productive. It involved farming the souls off the grim, using them to upgrade faith so I could learn the second chance miracle because I needed an extra memory slot. Then I decided I would try and beat Scirvir with the bow, so I got black tendency, spent a while getting Scirvir's health down, and once he was at 20% or so, I managed to stop him from healing with each hit, which was less difficult than my last attempt because he kept running around.

So I get the much wanted Talisman of Beasts, only to find I needed to upgrade faith skill twice more. So I did a bit more farming for it and I can now use it.

Feels so good, plus I dumped a load of equipment and shizzle and sorted my inventory out. That can be somehow very satisfying in itself. To top of a semi-grinding, semi relearning Demon's Souls experience, I discovered the Talisman does a good 30 more damage than the catalyst. Awesome.

I was thinking to myself about not playing the game, and I wondered if it really was as great as what I had said in earlier posts, but tonight confirmed it, so good news.

If only I had a good weapon for christ sake. The axe is OK but I'd like something heroic that matches the growing prowess of my character. I'd kind of like something that you haven't had a go with Sheikah, just so I can test it.

Sorry, I won't be making a meat cleaver with the adjudicator's soul since I'll be using it to buy spells this time round. Maybe one day, or on your next playthrough. :p

I have most of the good weapons, although you could try a crushing miridan hammer (people say it's amazing) - scales with strength, so get good strength. Or try the blessed phosphorescent pole (regenerates MP and stacks with fragrant ring).

Is there a better way of early Soul Farming (I'm at Soul Level 18) than killing the Red Eye Knight in 1-1?

It's annoyingly tedious ._.

And how early can you get the Lava Bow?

Sorry, I won't be making a meat cleaver with the adjudicator's soul since I'll be using it to buy spells this time round. Maybe one day, or on your next playthrough. :p

I have most of the good weapons, although you could try a crushing miridan hammer (people say it's amazing) - scales with strength, so get good strength. Or try the blessed phosphorescent pole (regenerates MP and stacks with fragrant ring).

Is there a better way of early Soul Farming (I'm at level 18) other than killing the Red Eye Knight in 1-1? It's very tedious.

Also: How early can you get the Lava Bow?

Edit: Is just me or is there something not right here? Two posts doubled?

Edited by drahkon

You don't really need to soul farm. I only just started to do it, for about 15 minutes worth, and I'm level 70. Just plug away is all I will say. Rhyme ftw.

If you really do, at the start of 4-2 you can kill the first reaper (spawns ghosts) without dropping down using a bow, then walk back to the archstone/evacuate spell to repeat.

Yeah that would be useful if he's at level 50 or above (highly recommended), but ideally you want to be going through different dungeons and exiting entering them when you feel like you can manage.

Edit: I got the Mirdan Hammer, but instead of making the Crushing version, I went for the Quality one because it gives bonuses for strength and dexterity, plus it does more overall damage. Got it to +4, missing pure clearstone and large shard I think for +5.

Edit 2: Just to say, what a weapon. It can be hard to time, and takes a while to strike, but it does mega damage. Plus the R2 swing is so satisfying.

Edited by dwarf

Crushing is better...you obviously need to pump strength but it's far better in the end. No point in stat balancing in this game.

Btw, 2-handing weapons (triangle) works wonders.

I have around the same level in both, plus they're fairly high, so I think I made the right choice.

Crushing Mirdan Hammer +1 105/0/0 C/-/-/- 3

Crushing Mirdan Hammer +2 114/0/0 C/-/-/- 4

Crushing Mirdan Hammer +3 124/0/0 B/-/-/- 6 1

Crushing Mirdan Hammer +4 133/0/0 B/-/-/- 6 3

Crushing Mirdan Hammer +5 143/0/0 S/-/-/- 6 5 1

Crushing Mirdan Hammer +5 deals 143+203 (346) damage with 99 Strength.

Quality Mirdan Hammer +1 109/0/0 D/D/-/- 3

Quality Mirdan Hammer +2 124/0/0 D/D/-/- 4

Quality Mirdan Hammer +3 138/0/0 C/C/-/- 6 1

Quality Mirdan Hammer +4 152/0/0 C/C/-/- 6 3

Quality Mirdan Hammer +5 166/0/0 C/C/-/- 6 5 1

Quality Mirdan Hammer +5 deals 166+222 (388) damage with 99 Strength and 99 Dexterity.

Of course you need both skills at max for that 388 damage to take effect, but the base damage is more for me at the moment with quality than what I would have with crushing.

That table surely shows you how much better crushing is. 99 dex for a measly slight improvement? No thanks.

Use those points in something better.

Well I figure I might get them both to max at some point, and whilst I may get a better weapon by that point, I see people using Mirdan Hammers at very high levels. You want variety afterall, plus this weapon is currently kicking enough arse as it is.

First off, you never want to get into the level range that would mean maxing both - getting to such a ridiculous level would mean that you'd be excluded from interacting with almost anyone online (due to level restrictions).

Secondly, you'd most likely not want to max strength and dex...you'd probably want to put your points in other things like VIT and END, while keeping high strength. It's just a waste to go balancing yourself with what little stats you ideally want to have (hopefully not past L130) so that you're a jack of all trades.

I see your point but I don't see there's any point in being all doom and gloom about it. I'll get a better weapon I can upgrade to crushing because I have a lot of materials for that job. Hopefully I'll net the clearstone trophy sometime.

I think you come across as overly serious and harsh in your posts, not just this thread, which may be due to wording, but it does wear a bit :/ . I appreciate help and stuff but...

I think you have a tendency to be completely ungrateful. :p Often I tell you some good advice or answer your question, but you'll rarely thank me and sometimes even tell me off for saying stuff too obvious!

All I'm saying is that over L120 and you will find it hard to match with people online. Which does dettract from the gameplay quite a bit...

I think you have a tendency to be completely ungrateful. :p Often I tell you some good advice or answer your question, but you'll rarely thank me and sometimes even tell me off for saying stuff too obvious!

All I'm saying is that over L120 and you will find it hard to match with people online. Which does dettract from the gameplay quite a bit...

I have thanked you before, and the way the conversation has been going I think it's fairly obvious I appreciate your help. If you needed me to remind you that I was finding this helpful, and my constant replies weren't indicating that, then I'm sorry.

As for 'telling you off' > :laughing:

Boohoo. You've given good advice to me and Drahcon as noobs, incl. info about tendency and bows and shizzle, but saying where one of the most easy to find rings is in the game is unnecessary really. I mean, if you told us where all of your favourite items in the game were, there'd be very little feeling of surprise and it doesn't make you feel like you're exploring levels on your own. Obviously you haven't listed all of them but you have named a good amount. Great tips, but a bit excessive on the locations (apart from where I've asked ofc).

I must've missed your bit about L120, where did you say that?

Edit: and don't say the rat's ring is necessary early on. Moar important rings are needed ealier on. LET THEM BE FREE!

Edited by dwarf

There aren't any other important rings. The thief's ring and the cling ring are found in the first level (the second of which is the best ring in the game), which you no doubt found yourself. So really, after that, the only important ring is the clever rat's ring; and yes, it's pretty essential. Delving into the lizard cave in 2-1, without it, for instance, is stupid since you won't be able to 1 hit kill them one by one, and they'll probably all run away. Telling you the level you can find it is good so you can play that level sooner to get it.

Every other ring isn't important. Some are better than others, but they're never really that important. The eternal warrior's ring is nice (only if you use something heavy like the meat cleaver), but you can certainly live without it.

Slightly annoyed: I defeated the last archstone boss, King Allant. Went back to Nexus, cutscene plays where the monument drops the sword. There's still tons of stuff I want to do in this playthrough, but I wanted to level up with the mass souls I'd gained. So I talk to the Maiden but she takes me to the last boss and I can't go back. Great stuff.

So I defeat that really shit final boss and go back, do world 1-1 and then finally get those souls into use. Quite disappointing really though, I was expecting a tough battle and didn't get one. Plus it was all quite abrupt and NG+ starts straight away.

Even though I'll continue to play it, as a 1 playthrough experience there could've been a bit more to it. The sequel will hopefully refine the thing and make the first playthrough a bit more... Spectacular? I don't know.

I think the only thing you could say is bad is that there's no real end boss. But really, this is almost a cliche in every game now. I kind of commend them for not doing what almost every game ever does these days... and the rest of the gameplay really is top notch.

If you ever played Shadow of the Colossus it's pretty similar in this respect; you fight a number of bosses and then the game ends. None were defined as the end boss either.

Edited by Sheikah

They hyped the Old One so much though (as in very little, but it was clear it was the main goal) so I was expecting big things, especially when the monster starts moving in that cutscene. I've been building up to that moment when really I could've just mullered that thing at level 20.

If they'd said that once all bosses were complete that would be it, I would've been more content. Still, can't argue too much. Just wish I'd done a bit more stuff before starting again. Plus I really can't be arsed with NG+ atm.

I forgot to claim the prize for completing the Monumental's task too.

You don't get the prize for beating all the bosses, you get it for having pure character tendency. Since that carries over to NG+ you'd literally only have to go talk to him again to get it.

I probably haven't got that since I killed the friendly Ostrava to ensure I got the key to Old King Doran's hideout. I saved the knight last time but lost him somewhere down the line and never managed to claim the key. Want to get the demonbrand and forge it with the soulbrand.

Not that the North Regalia is a great weapon, I'd just like to have one.

Not that the North Regalia is a great weapon, I'd just like to have one.

Yeah, um, it's like the best sword (or at least one of them) in the game. :p

"At Pure White or Pure Black Character Tendency, the sword has 135 + 135 Physical and 135 + 135 Magic attack power"

It does insane damage at extreme character tendencies. I'm pure white and it does loads. I still prefer the meat cleaver in situations against NPCs or players, since that can knock down.

I think I can play with you now, at level 87, giving me a range of 18 levels. That is of course if you're still at level 105.

I can't beat the bloody flamelurker. He's such a cock.

Managed to beat him, and da da daaa get a Meatcleaver. Would've been so much easier if I hadn't used the Swollen Demon's Soul for the crappy regen spell. Had to new game + and fill a fair few requirements before I could make one.

Just tried it out and I wouldn't say it's better than the Mirdan, but I really like the two handed attacks on it. Plus it has knock-down on other enemies I remember you saying.

Not sure what my next objective on this game is. Ring hunting perhaps, weapon hunting? Basically get some trophies, and make my character a lot better so I have confidence in it, do seem to get taken out by things in a couple of hits.

Edited by dwarf

I think I can play with you now, at level 87, giving me a range of 18 levels. That is of course if you're still at level 105.

I can't beat the bloody flamelurker. He's such a cock.

Managed to beat him, and da da daaa get a Meatcleaver. Would've been so much easier if I hadn't used the Swollen Demon's Soul for the crappy regen spell. Had to new game + and fill a fair few requirements before I could make one.

Just tried it out and I wouldn't say it's better than the Mirdan, but I really like the two handed attacks on it. Plus it has knock-down on other enemies I remember you saying.

Not sure what my next objective on this game is. Ring hunting perhaps, weapon hunting? Basically get some trophies, and make my character a lot better so I have confidence in it, do seem to get taken out by things in a couple of hits.

The Meat Cleaver has an S/S modifier for strength and dex, while the miridan hammer has only C/C. It's also great for the knock down...if you can knock someone down you can essentially get multiple hits on someone. Make sure you're 2 handing it and using dash and attack as well as R2. Combined with cursed weapon (get that spell), the clever rat's ring and the morion blade off hand, and second chance to give you breathing space it's unstoppable.

Probably the best weapon for PvP (IMO). I might be on later tonight, hopefully. Also, kill Old King Doran if you haven't already. :p