NEurope
Pit-Jr

Demon's Souls

If you can get any bow use a Sticky White Stuff for an extra 110 (magic) damage per shot. That'll make light work of the thing, especially if you equip the thief's ring and stand right where you come in.

You can still be hit if you stand where you enter when using that. If you go to the right of that point however there is a slight nook where you can take cover and just pop in and out for a shot or two.

Cheers. I used Soul Arrow in the end and magic is awesome! I'm going to start using it, me things. Any advice on that? Or is it a stupid idea?

Magic kanez that boss if you get close enough. Just roll constantly, and use the kris blade if you can get away with it. You won't have Morion at the moment anyway.

Sticky White Stuff as sheikah said is quite good.

Just kicked the Tower Knight's ass, too. :D

Edit: Just did the Fool's Idol boss. What a bitch. Still, did all three in body form.

Edited by Daft

I'm torn between the Crescent Falchion+1 and the enchantable Uchigatana as my main melee weapon. (I assume the Falchion can't be enchanted?)

Ok so what I'm planning to do now is to get all of the rings, which will mean getting pure black character tendency. I need the friends ring, so first I'll go to body form and try to be invaded in order to kill the invader and get pure white tendency, which will mean I can pick the ring up off the monumental.

Then I'll kill a few friendly NPCs that aren't part of Mephistopheles contract to get pure black character tendency. Then I'll fill out her contract, getting the rewards by doing so. This will net me the Ring of Devout Prayer, that Saint Urbain drops when he dies, and it will also net the Foe's Ring by completing her quest. Then I'll have to bone Mephistopheles because apparently she turns hostile.

Will all this work? I know health drops at bad character tendency but I guess I could get it back up. For Mephistopheles. Necrophilia victory.

Well no he is right, I think he's talking about world 1. In world 1 you can't go any further than the tower knight boss (ie. Onto 1-3) until you kill one of the archdemons in the other worlds (ie 2-3, 3-3, 4-3 or 5-3 bosses). But that's the only instance.

If anyone can put up with some of the trickiest enemies in world 4, they'll have a great time since the bosses are all easy and there's good loot and souls on offer.

Yea that's what i meant. sorry if it sounded wrong.

The whole shortcut thing is really neet, but it goes underused in many cases in favour of just archstones as levels become more linear and shorter in some cases.

And yeah, forgot about that one case, but he was using plurals so I am right ;).

Actually no, you can't do the levels 1-3 or 1-4 therefore plurals is correct. :p

Oh and as for Mephistopheles, don't worry. All npcs pretty much are easy with endgame equipment.

Edited by Sheikah

Actually no, you can't do the levels 1-3 or 1-4 therefore plurals is correct. :p

See I didn't even know this as i'm not that far :P I was only aware of the one at 1-3, the plurals were because I just assumed there would be more. Well now I know that there are more cases. I need to play more of this game, not been on it in a while as I suck so terribly at it >.<.

:nono: (Y)

How many stages are there each world? 5?

I need/want to kill the Archdemon. Not sure where to do it. I suspect World 2.

There's 4 parts in world 1, 3 parts in world 2, 3 parts in world 3, 3 parts in world 4, 3 parts in world 5. It's shorter than you'd think, but it still takes a while.

Best place is to do World 2, it's really short if you take the right routes to the bosses, and the archdemon isn't as much of a boss as it is a case of timing - it's fairly easy. You should probably do that first.

You'll end up with the Red Hot Demon's Soul by killing the second boss also, which you can give to the menstrual blacksmith, who allows you to forge certain weapons afterwards. You take the lift down from the beginning of 2-1 (if you've pulled the lever on the way to the spider boss that is. If you have just enter the lift by the doorway next to the tramp, which you may already know).

I don't get the thing about the lift. It's down and I can't seem to find a switch. But I didn't look very much. Plus, those fucking carts keep exploding.

I don't get the thing about the lift. It's down and I can't seem to find a switch. But I didn't look very much. Plus, those fucking carts keep exploding.

The switch is in world 2-1, before the armour spider, you're talking about world 2-2. Those carts aren't a problem, you can just sprint past them and you won't get hit, there's only 3 of them anyway and I found that I had enough stamina to get down that path anyway. I'm sure you can handle it, but, ya know.

The switch for the lift is at the top of the lift itself. If you're at 2-1 and you've gone through that door next to the tramp, the lift is idle and it blocks you from getting on because it's around chest height. If you go through world 2-1, up to the bit where there's some solid miners with flame pick-axes (also there's about 3 of these ogre things that lob rocks at you, similar to the ones that lob it at you in the beginning of the world, except the ones in question here are adjacent to you, same height).

You must've defeated these enemies before and taken a left through the small fog doorway without pressing the lever, which can be found past these rock throwing enemies, and if you go forward continually you'll come to the cliff which looks out over the very start of the level. If you follow the cliff to the right, you can use the switch. It's a pretty big shortcut.

Basically this lift gives you access to this top level , (where the switch is) where you can get to the armour spider area pretty quickly. The middle level - which is the start of the level. If you wait to go the whole way to the bottom you'll find Blacksmith Ed, the forge-monkey.

Will post video if that doesn't make sense.

Edit: what may be confusing you is this tramp follows you round the stages in world 2, so he may not be where I say he is. Basically the door to the lift (that is stationery in your case is EASILY seen if you spawn at the first archstone in stonefang tunnel (world 2), go up the stairs, and at the top of the stairs when facing directly forward, the door is slightly to your right. You can't open it from here, but you should know that if you're here, the lift is above you somewhere in the level. Not sure if you can see the top ledge from the start of this world.

Edited by dwarf

Just randomly found the Purple Flame Shield. How much strength do I need to use it?

22 or something? Look at the convoluted stat screen, it should tell you the requirements.

Im so jealous of you guys that are on your first playthrough. From better have a successor in the works!

Yeah, 22. Currently 19 so I'm gonna have to horde some souls.

I'm struggling.

Flamelurker is pwning me everytime. And I need to beat him so I can get the blacksmith to forge me a Meat Cleaver.

Might go for the Demonbrandt at this point and try and level up a bit.

If you go to Soul Form and hope for some blue-eyed stones to appear outside of the boss zone you should be able to beat it, just keep rolling, use ring of flame resistance etc etc.

Or you could do the tactic where you make the thing continually run into the bone/ribcage thing that sits to the left of the entrance. The you just have to use a poll weapon and you can hit him from cover. He can still hit you if you're close enough but it's extremely easy to avoid damage.

Just kicked the Flamelurker's asssss. Didn't die or nuffin. This game is really nowhere near as hard as I expected.

Also, got my Strength up to 22 so now I can use the Purple Flame Shield. I'll miss the good ol' Heater shield. Just need some Hardstone to upgarde it... Where to find....

Just kicked the Flamelurker's asssss. Didn't die or nuffin. This game is really nowhere near as hard as I expected.

Also, got my Strength up to 22 so now I can use the Purple Flame Shield. I'll miss the good ol' Heater shield. Just need some Hardstone to upgarde it... Where to find....

I don't think you will. I found Flamelurker to be an absolute tank in NG+, and you'll need that shield if you want to do well against him.

King Allant is the real hard thing in the game, that and a couple of sections in the swamp valley thing, especially when black phantoms come to kick your ass.

You might die a couple of times when facing the 3-2 boss.

What's the best Catalyst (or item/whatever) for casting spells? Is it that Infernal Catalyst that you upgrade with a Demon's Soul?

Think I'm going to finish off 2-3 tomorrow.

I personally can't see past the Talisman of Beasts for catalysts. It's better than a standard catalyst and you can cast both spells and miracles without having to change equipment. Sheikah's told you where to find it somewhere IIRC. Basically you need pure black world tendency, which whilst makes enemies harder, it will not actually make a difference for you in world 2 seeing as you've essentially completed it apart from the last boss, and the last boss doesn't become harder with pure black because it isn't strictly a health meter job - in fact killing it in pure black is good because it nets you massive souls. However you will miss out on the Dragon Bone Smasher as that needs pure white tendency when you enter the boss arena (personally I think that weapon is overrated, and you need 30 strength to wield it, also it's easy to get second playthrough if ya miss it.

So just suicide off the cliff in 2-1 around 6 times (use stone of ephemeral to go back to body form after each death, so that when you die you lose tendency). Once you've done this you have to go back to the nexus and re-enter the level so that the tendency has actually changed. Check on the tendency menu that the Stonefang tunnel statue is black.

Basically to get the Talisman of beasts, re-enter at 2-2, run to the platforms you can fall down (this takes a bit of working out/video watching if you haven't done it before, but basically just accept that you can fall a long distance) and half-way down you will find a cave with Black Phantom Scirvir the Wanderer. He can be a complete prick, although apparently anti-magic field spell works well against him because it stops his immensely powerful fire attacks. Essentially just kill him and pick it up, then you can drop down to the bottom and you come out just before the Flamelurker archstone. This is basically the massively quick way to the boss that I'm guessing you didn't take because this platforming area appears to be a dead end.

Just a side-thought - you may as well kill the last boss before you do this and get the Dragon Bone Smasher. Get the Talisman afterwards, it won't take long.

Edited by dwarf

Those platforms were a shortcut?!? What's the long cut? That's how I got down.

I've almost got PWT on world 2 but I think I'm one short and all the bosses are dead...Is there any way to up this? I think I've fucked it up.... Grrrr...

Edited by Daft