N-Europe

R.I.P. Stephen Gately :(

ReZourceman

According to the website of a large Danish newspaper, he died from a disease that resulted in him having water in his lungs. His death was unrelated to intake of alcohol that evening.

Source: http://www.bt.dk/kendte/boyzone-sanger-doed-af-vaeske-i-lungerne (I know it's in Danish, but I feel I need to at least have a source.)

And I read in a newspaper today he died after he choked on his own vomit in his sleep, after a night out drinking with his partner and a guy they met. No idea if that's accurate, but it did say they still needed to perform an autopsy.

Well, the article I linked to claims that this info came from the autopsy report. It says that a source from the Institute for Forensic Medicin in Palma gave the info to the site BANG Showbiz.

Well seems our newspaper is just a bit slow then. =P

Have to be honest that I don't really know him (I can't even think of any Boyzone songs I know, though I know there are some...), but still a shame that he had to die so young.

pulmonary oedema - when liquid (produced by the body itself) gathers in your lungs and eventually stops the oxygen being absorbed. (Oedema is relatively common, but moreso in the legs, where the liquid sits under the skin and makes the skin painful, stretched and shiny looking.)

So he essentially was "drowned" but kinda not.

So he essentially was "drowned" but kinda not.

So is it basically 'reverse drowning'? as drowning typically happens when submerged in water/fluid but in his case fluid collected inside his lungs...

It sounds like a nasty way to go... :sad:

NOW this is a thread I want to post in. There's claims the mass media(and you, Wesley!) owe his family an apology for jumping to quick conclusions and implying all sorts about him now it turns out he died by a pulmonary oedema. Do they, do they not?

(tbh before this I felt the thread about lady plasterfingers deserved its own thread more than this, and maybe I still do)

DANTE IS IN UR HOWSE, HAKIN UR KNEEEEEEE...?

:heh:

Anyway Jan, what a vile thing she has shown herself to be. The way she denies the fact someone can just die of natural causes. I'm sorry, and where did you get your PhD from?

It would be one thing (one still very bad thing) if this was in a weeks time or something, but the day before his funeral? Its bigoted, vile and very tacky.