NEurope
flameboy

Are you a horse or a currant bun?

Simple question answer and discuss....apply whatever context or reasoning you want and decide which you are.

The reason I ask is because there is a woman at work who says everyone can be divided into these two categories but gives no reasoning...

Apparently I'm a horse...I decided I'd rather be a horse because the life expectancy of a horse is higher than a currant bun!

I'm neither, because this is just silliness that makes no real sense and is only justified by people who are willing to believe in it... a bit like religion. :blank:

Edited by S.C.G

I'm neither, because this is just silliness that makes no real sense and is only justified by people who are willing to believe in it...

Or people who understand metaphors.

Or people who understand metaphors.

I get that it's a metaphor, I just don't care for it is all. ::shrug:

I'm a human.

So am i.

I don't see a point to this classification.

I don't like the options. There's no immediately obvious reasoning. Hungry like a horse, or food like a currant? No idea.

I prefer; Are you a wolf or a shadow?

I'm a current bun. I taste nice* but I go stale quickly.

*Current buns don't actually taste nice.

I don't like the options. There's no immediately obvious reasoning. Hungry like a horse, or food like a currant? No idea.

Exactly... if there was some reasoning behind it then it'd be more applicable but as it is, meh.

I'm neither, because this is just silliness that makes no real sense and is only justified by people who are willing to believe in it... a bit like religion. :blank:

Alright jeez...was just meant as a silly conversation to see how much people thought about it, how they justify being one, people do it in life all the time when they same dumb things like "he's such a gemini/leo" etc..

Jayseven I didn't make the question! I just wanted the answers people would give when you apply your own reasoning! Like I said there is a woman at work who says everyone can be defined by these two things, but doesn't say wahy!

Alright jeez...was just meant as a silly conversation to see how much people thought about it, how they justify being one, people do it in life all the time when they same dumb things like "he's such a gemini/leo" etc..

Jayseven I didn't make the question! I just wanted the answers people would give when you apply your own reasoning! Like I said there is a woman at work who says everyone can be defined by these two things, but doesn't say wahy!

And I get that, it was thought about and I reached the conclusion of 'meh' it's not an attack on you Flamey :) as you stated, it's not your question, just some nonsense that someone made up for lols.

But the thing about 'everyone can be defined by these two things' is rubbish... well ok not rubbish because theoretically everyone 'can' but not everyone wants to...

However if I was to humour the question with a response then I'd just say something like...

'A horse because well... y'know what they say about horses... hur hur'

Except I wouldn't say that as that's just an OTT example of what could be said, which is basically what you were looking for ne? If I thought about it I'm sure I could come up with something better for lols but I'm just not that fussed, but yeah I get that it's a harmless piece of fun so w/e live and let live. :D

It's hardly ruined, just putting a bit of perspective on things is all, people are free to post what they like so... ::shrug:

I love the way anti religion little comments always get made...reminds me of this:

By now it should be very clear to anyone who has read even just a few comment threads, whether in a forum or social media website, that by the simple virtue of being an atheist you can claim intellectual superiority. Yes, it is just that simple.

By being an atheist you can make yourself smarter (or at least smarter than those religious nuts who claim to be virtuous just because they are religious). But don’t take my word for it—read a few comment threads on Digg or Facebook, and the subject of God and atheism will inevitably come up, and as anyone with half a brain can notice, every single atheist is mentally superior to every other person of faith (who is in turn morally superior). They say so themselves. And if their word is not enough, why just look at their eloquently written references to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and other philosophical weapons that they so deftly deploy.

So if you want to be smart, become an atheist. Also, it’s a very good weapon for guarding against anyone who tries to point out that you have no other intellectually redeeming qualities.

http://blog.sarcasmsociety.com/religion-spirituality/atheism-makes-you-smart.html

Funneh stoof. I am a currant bun. Easily.

I love the way anti religion little comments always get made...reminds me of this:

Funneh stoof. I am a currant bun. Easily.

*shrugs* Just a general article expressing a view, just as I was... I'm an athiest yes, does that mean I think I'm superior? no... I was just trying to illustrate how silly this whole thing is - yes I get that it's just a bit of fun - and a lot of things in religion seem silly to me hence yes I went there, now I know religion isn't silly to a lot of people and probably neither is this thread so live and let live, I'm not trying to start an arguement, 'jus sayin' is all. :)

Anyway fuck this...

'I'm a currant bun because I'm a bit of a fruit, a little bit doughy and I have a short life-expectancy*'

There, that wasn't so hard... is everyone happy now? :p

*'expectancy' = my own view nothing more, just in case that gets misconstrued.

Edited by S.C.G