N-Europe

Therapy (car based)

Goafer

My imaginary therapist, who lives in my noodle, decided it would be a good idea to plan the modifications to my next car would distract me from the thought of my old one. So I mocked up 2 scenarios:

1: Lowered suspension, black steel wheels (the kind that normally hide behind hubcaps), black bonnet:

roccoplan3-1.jpg

2: Same as 1 but with checkerboard bonnet:

roccoplan2-1.jpg

Oppinions?

I know the pictures are a bit shat, but I had to make them a bit brighter to make out the wheels.

Please don't. You'll ruin a perfectly good car.

I take it you've never been in a Scirocco then? :laughing:

This is probably the wrong place to post my plans. My taste in car modifications are a bit "odd". This is the car I'm using for inspiration:

P6270144.jpg

I'd say the first one. Because Speed car Speed car! The AE-86 is coming. Etc. And maybe you can go deliver tofu or something.

Spent a long time looking for this video to justify my statement.

Edited by Ten10

I take it you've never been in a Scirocco then? :laughing:

This is probably the wrong place to post my plans. My taste in car modifications are a bit "odd". This is the car I'm using for inspiration:

P6270144.jpg

That car is incredibly ugly.

And I meant perfectly good in terms of looks. A good car mod is subtle. Looks like it's meant to be there rather than some chav has stuck it on there.

I think the best thing to do would be to get rid of the black stripe along the side of the car. Make it white. And also maybe the same with the handle. And possibly smooth out the bumper to make that white.

Edited by MoogleViper

Black rims are nice, but a different colored hood (bonnet?) just screams cheap. The checkered hood doesn't look as cheap but does look pretty dumb.

The black trim along the side is fine if a bit high, looks almost stock.

And since Moogle brought it up, the bumper does look an off-white, is that odd lighting or an age discoloration?

A real mod would be like dropping in an engine, you know something like 6.0L V8....er waitaminute nevermind.

The black trim along the side is fine if a bit high, looks almost stock.

That would be because it is stock. It's a rubber strip to stop people wanging their car doors into the bodywork in car parks. A lot of people remove it, but I shall be keeping it for 2 reasons: 1, it saved my bodywork on my old Scirocco and 2, the glue that keeps it on is a bastard to remove.

I'm almost certain I will be going with the checker bonnet. Not sure how I'll do it, but I shall try. Worst comes to worst and I cock it up, I'll just spray the whole thing black and go with a black bonnet. For the record, I'll be using a spare bonnet. Hopefully I can find a white one.

I'm aslo tempted to go with a black bonnet with a checkered strip down it. I'll photoshop an image to illustrate.

Edit: Done:

roccoplan4.jpg

And since Moogle brought it up, the bumper does look an off-white, is that odd lighting or an age discoloration?

I imagine it's because it's a different material. The bodywork is metal (obviously) and the bumper is a sort of textured plastic with a skin over the top (I think).

Edited by Goafer

Yeah but it's European, and Europeans (and Japanese) know how to build cars and can therefore get power out of an engine without having to use 6L V8.

:indeed: Kinda my point really, if I had that and did a powertrain swap it would likely be a Civic Si or something similarly small but fast. Plus while not impossible it's generally a bit ludicrous to drop an engine of that size into a car that small. Which makes it a great topic starter.

And don't talk too much about getting power out of an engine, you can find all kinds from just about any manufacturer. Another thing would be America fell in love with the large muscle cars, and it's kinda stayed that way efficiency be damned.

Well the white Scirocco has sold, so I'm currently eyeing up a red one. Should confuse the areholes who stole my last one when they see an identical one driving around. I have the original red wheels from my first one still in the garage. A quick mockup of what a red Scirocco would look like with a bit of lowering and the wheels on. Bear in mind this was an 80s stock option. Colour coding FTW!:

redscala.jpg

And if I left it on the wheels it comes with (still lowered):

scirocco30thsept1.jpg

I might photoshop a picture of what it would look like on black steels in a bit. The reason I want to put steels on is because my last car was stolen and the wheels taken. I don't want to tempt would be theives with some shiny new ones.

Edited by Goafer