N-Europe

Stand up comedy.

Caris

I'm off to see Ricky Gervais in december at Sheffield City Hall, my two tickets turned up the other day, actually need to find someone to go with as the ticket was originally intended for my then girlfriend.

High-five! Although my tickets haven't turned up yet...

I like a bit of stand up comedy myself! Infact, I'm quite a fan of Lee Evans and Bill Bailey. However, my favourite stand-up comedian has to be Ross Noble, his shows are just hilarious! :grin:

I've seen him twice now; once in 2006 at the Birmingham Alexandra Theatre, and again at the Birmigham Hippodrome back in May. Both times he was brilliant, deffinitely worth seeing!

Bill Bailey, in brighton and in sheffield. Both great fun, but I'd not say he's the funniest comedian. Probably my most respected, though.

I'm off to see Ricky Gervais in december at Sheffield City Hall, my two tickets turned up the other day, actually need to find someone to go with as the ticket was originally intended for my then girlfriend.

How much are the tickets?

I find Lee Evans extremely unfunny.

I found him quite humourous, but as is the case with most stand up acts once you've seen it it'll never be the same. One thing about Lee Evans which I never thought about was his gestures, which have no bearing on the joke at hand. One time watching one of his routines he did them and I was thinking "...Why?"

I'm going to see Jimmy Carr at the Newcastle City Hall at the end of this month, tempted by Ricky Gervais a few days before too.

Has anyone seen any live acts and if so would like to share there opinion on them?

Just wondering what stand up is like when your actually there.

I saw Jimmy Carr live at the City Hall about this time last year as it happens. He was very funny indeed, even if I did have a terrible vantage point :P

I'm going to see Jimmy Carr at the Newcastle City Hall at the end of this month, tempted by Ricky Gervais a few days before too.

Has anyone seen any live acts and if so would like to share there opinion on them?

Just wondering what stand up is like when your actually there.

I saw Jimmy Carr earlier this year and he was uber hilarious. Gonna be fucking sick in the front row dude (I was really quite far back)

I'd love to be a comedian. It's my dream really.

You would be excellent. Well...I mean, you just need to learn to be funny....

I also saw Jason Manford this year and he was brillllliant. We were on the front....table. He totally spoke to me. We were on a table with two other pairs. And he was like "Are you guys all together?" and after a few seconds no one responded, so I went "Two, two and two" gesturing with my hands we were three pairs, and he was like "Oh right, you're the spokesman for the table? *impersonates me* "Don't worry guys, I'll handle this" "

Was epic.

Bill Bailey, in brighton and in sheffield. Both great fun, but I'd not say he's the funniest comedian. Probably my most respected, though.

How much are the tickets?

£30.

Plus a £3 service charge per ticket.

Which confuses me; because I thought through buying the ticket I was paying for the service.