NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Strange Cookie

Okamiden

Awesome news!!! Could this be one of the first DSi games? Anyway, my friend is going to die when he hears this, as he is a huge Okami fan, and chose a PSP over DS!!!!

Graphics look fantastic!!

And the Okami series was just made for DS Stylus play!!

The DS can really pull that style off like in GTA.

From that screen it also looks like it tops Nintendo's own Zelda DS efforts!

Really looking forward to seeing more.

Awesome news!!! Could this be one of the first DSi games?
Would a DSi game being DSi only? or if you played it on a previous DS console would you maybe just lack a few features or something?

Would a DSi game being DSi only? or if you played it on a previous DS console would you maybe just lack a few features or something?

From my understanding, both would be possible.

But I don't think they will go that route. I can't see them implementing a camera into an Okami game, so I'm pretty sure it'll be a standard DS game.

I'll be pissed off if this was DSi only. I still have a phat. I shouldn't miss out just because I don't want to empty my bank account for the same thing with a camera on it.

ha it's going to be ds not dsi. Seriously okami one sold badly enough twice as it was you really think they're going to alienate sales for so little difference between platforms?

I'm so happy Okami will have a third opportunity. And better yet, on a platform that suits the gameplay well. Celestial brush with stylus FTW. DS also has a gigantic install base. i hope it sells well. :yay:

First details:

- Full title: Okamiden: Chisaki Taiyou

- new wolf: Chibiterasu

- events take place a few months after the end of Okami

- Issun is accompanying Chibiterasu to meet up with Sakuya, as Sakuya wants to ask Chibiterasu for help

- combat system similar to the original Okami

- draw lines to slash enemies, circle trees to make them grow/bloom

- partner characters for Chibiterasu to work with

- partner will both aid and hinder you, bringing up puzzles that you have to solve in order for you and your partner to progress

- one partner revealed: Kuninushi, son of the swordsman Susano

- learn why Susano has a son, when he didn't a few months ago

- producer: Motohide Eshiro

- director: Kuniomi Matsushita

- Matsushita wanted to make a portable Okami, so he made a prototype and showed it to Eshiro. When Eshiro saw the prototype, the team decided to move forward

- Matsushita wants to go portable with Okami in the hopes of getting a bigger audience to experience what the world of Okami is all about

- due out 2010 in Japan

- new wolf: Chibiterasu

Ah- that explains the cuteness then. :hehe:

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see more of it. icon14.gif

Awesome news although tbh I have to admit to still having the Okami on Wii waiting to be unsealed.

Awesome news although tbh I have to admit to still having the Okami on Wii waiting to be unsealed.

You're not the only one :heh: ..however, myself and the 'snowman are planning on unsealing later this month and play through at the same time :eek:

News of a DS sequel is fantastic news and I can't wait to see more of it :yay:

Mini-Ammy is so cute! :heart:

Screenshots look rather good as well so will be interesting to see it in motion because the DS has always had that thing where it's games look better running than when static.

Screenshots look rather good as well so will be interesting to see it in motion because the DS has always had that thing where it's games look better running than when static.

Indeed. If it looks this good static, it must look divine in action.

Kinda in the same boat. I bought it AGES ago, unsealed it but never got around to playing it. Perhaps some sort of N-E Okami marathon is in order :)

Yeah, even more so in that artwork. :love::love::love:

I think that was a very smart move going with the chibi character design, reckon this version of Okami will do much better than previous ones simply as a result of that.

That's the case with any game in my opinion regardless of platform, your right though, this must look amazing in motion.

Bring on the trailer! :yay:

My PS2 copy is still sealed and I bought the Wii version for £5 a couple of weeks back so I'll probably play the Wii version (eventually) and keep my PS2 copy sealed.

You haven't played Okami, but you have it in your sig and avatar? :heh:

Yeh.. I actually got it a good while ago but the signature and avatar are there mainly because I love how the game looks and am really looking forward to dipping into it :smile:

It's a game I have wanted to play for ages but I felt like I wanted to clear up a lot of other games first and then put all my concentration into it :yay:

Perhaps some sort of N-E Okami marathon is in order :)

..haha.. let's do it :heh: It would be cool to have a few of us playing through at the same time and share our experiences :hehe:

Right I've lost a lot of respect for some of you. So either you unwrap that game and play it through or I'll just never be able to look at you the same.

Sign in to follow this