NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Strange Cookie

Okamiden

Okamiden looks absolutely beautiful :smile:

I'm now even more excited at the prospect of unsealing Okami on the Wii.. it won't be long now :hehe:

Here's the new trailer from this years Captivate event.

Looks like its not due til next year aswell. At least it gives me time to get around to playing the first game on the Wii. I wonder if Capcom will put in some exclusive 3DS features?

Release Date: 2011

Genre: Action Adventure

Platform: Nintendo DS

Rating: Pending

Developer: Capcom

Publisher: Capcom

Price: TBD

Ōkamiden is a picturesque action adventure game for the Nintendo DS. Taking place a few months after the events of Ōkami, Ōkamiden will follow the adventures of Chibiterasu – a young sun god who is summoned to protect the land. Following in the footsteps of its parent Amaterasu, the sun-god-turned-wolf in Ōkami, Chibiterasu takes the form of an adorable wolf pup for the mission ahead. Chibiterasu will join forces with a rich cast of characters to fight off a new threat that has leeched the world of its vibrant color again. Beyond the battles, Chibiterasu and buddies will come to realize their inner potential and accept the kinship that comes with being the children of great heroes and gods.

Using the DS stylus, players will wield a celestial brush controlled by Chibiterasu. This powerful tool can attack enemies, paint helpful objects and structures into existence and help Chibiterasu perform exceptional feats that will change the world before the player’s eyes. Chibiterasu’s partners in the game will have unique abilities of their own that help the player conquer puzzles and face an onslaught of perilous challenges. By blending vivid myth, artistic action and the innovative Nintendo DS, Ōkamiden has all the makings of a handheld classic. Ōkamiden takes the best elements of the Ōkami series and combines them with invigorating new features delivering an extraordinary adventure sure to please fans of the series and newcomers alike.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DSâ„¢, Ōkamiden will be available in 2011.

Features:

Canvas and Brush: The touch screen and stylus of the Nintendo DS™ are the ideal tools to simulate Okamiden’s trademark celestial brush. The stylus brushstrokes are pressure sensitive which helps to accurately depict the look and feel of Sumi-e artwork – a graceful watercolor art.

Partner-Up: Using the in-game Partner System, players can join forces with new characters in the game, each possessing unique abilities that will help Chibiterasu defeat enemies and conquer puzzles.

Striking Visuals: The beauty of the highly stylized Japanese calligraphy and scroll paintings are depicted in pixel-perfect handheld glory.

Dynamic Action: Employ brush techniques learned from various celestial deities and Power Slash, Bloom, and battle a diverse lineup of monsters and demons rooted in Japanese folklore.

Interactive Puzzles: Draw bridges into existence, transverse canyons, and connect winding paths through space by using the celestial brush and the abilities of Chibiterasu’s partners.

Ensemble Cast: The main character, Chibiterasu, is a youthful sun god that has taken the form of an adorable wolf pup. Chibiterasu partners up with an equally endearing cast of characters that aim to restore order to the land while learning lessons from majestic, playful deities. Many characters will be easily recognizable to fans of Ōkamiâ„¢ while several are new to the series.

Compelling Narrative: Ōkamiden tells an amazing story that is both morally impactful and fun. With a complex mix of themes like friendship, responsibility and love between parent and child, players are promised a memorable experience that will be appreciated for its depth, humor, and universal truths.

This looks gorgeous, hopefully the 3DS doesn't damage its sales too much next year.

I am REALLY looking forward to this. Really, really. :D

The celestial brush must be a wonder on the DS... and I'm loving the way they are sticking to the original's design...

Musing on new content, though!

Bring it! :bouncy:

Edited by Rinha

This looks amazing for a DS game, really like the art design for it.

Saying that, i've still got Okami on my list of games to complete. Best get round to it shortly.

Looks like its not due til next year aswell. At least it gives me time to get around to playing the first game on the Wii.

The question is where will we ever find the time from?

*looks at his sealed copy of Okami*

Okami is one game I have been meaning to get to and play, but with so many games, I'll have to give it a hold just for a while, I will get there one day :D

E3 Trailer:

Currently playing through Okami and really liking it!

Great to see recognisable characters and areas in that trailer... makes it feel like a real continuation... and they've found a neat way of doing it!

Very much looking forward to this now!!

E3 Trailer:

Currently playing through Okami and really liking it!

Great to see recognisable characters and areas in that trailer... makes it feel like a real continuation... and they've found a neat way of doing it!

Very much looking forward to this now!!

Critically acclaimed 2006 action adventure Okami flopped because gamers were too entranced by excitement generated by new consoles.

That's the assessment of Capcom producer Motohide Eshiro, who told Official Nintendo Magazine the Clover Studio classic suffered under the weight of announcements by Nintendo and Sony.

"I can't comment officially but, personally speaking, I think it had a lot to do with the announcements for new consoles," Eshiro said.

"That was overshadowing any other game news at the time."

Okami launched on the PlayStation 2 in April 2006 in Japan, and September in North America. Two months later, in November, Nintendo launched the Wii. That same month Sony launched the PlayStation 3 in Japan and the US.

So launching the sequel the same month as the 3DS is the way to go then.

A few questions:

- How well do you have to draw stuff? I'd have to use my right hand for this (I'm left-handed) so I'll be very, very scruffy.

- Can the analogue nub on the 3DS be used in place of the D-Pad (I understand that you'll only get 8-way movement, but it looks much more comfortable than the 3DS D-Pad) for DS games? I know it can be used for VC games, so hopefully.

Yeah tbh I expect this game to struggle like the first, if not more so.

Okami's lack of sales means people just aren't aware of the franchise, and the games coming out right around the time everyones only going to be thinking of 3DS games.

It's great for the hardcore gamer, but a vast majority of them didn't even bother with Okami.

I loved the first game but even I'm not sure I'll get round to playing this, what with so much else to buy in the near future!

And Pokemon.

I should probably play the first one before this.

There is no reason why Okamiden could not have been retooled with the 3DS in mind - it would have looked incredible in 3D, and be a standout title for the systems launch. Capcom have crazily missed a trick.

I'm discusted that I never finished okami cause i got annoyed with the controlls after 20mins :(

Hopefully this will work well on DS and I will have a spare £30 to pick it up

Sign in to follow this