N-Europe

Cheap MP3 players?

Rummy

Right, so I'm getting my dad a phone and he was asking for one with MP3 but I said he'd probably be better off with a cheaper phone and then getting a standalone mp3 player as they're pretty cheap these days, or at least I assume anyway. Does anybody know/have any recommendations of some cheap portable MP3 players? Like little usb stick ones or so, he's not going to need tons of space, I just think it'd be a much more sensible solution for my dad really.

I dunno, I'd say the Shuffle is the worst suggestion because I presume Rummy Snr isn't too technological and the Shuffle is too up its own arse in terms of "look what I can do!" Plus comparatively far from cheap.

My mother has one of those Creative Zen Stone units and I'm sure they're under £10 and if she can use that anyone can :p Doesn't need any software, just a drag and drop kinda thing and comes in lots of colours.

My mother has one of those Creative Zen Stone units and I'm sure they're under £10 and if she can use that anyone can :p Doesn't need any software, just a drag and drop kinda thing and comes in lots of colours.

As has my mother, got a 2gb for a £10, i brought it as a back up, but my mother took it on holiday with her, and have not seen it since.

As has my mother, got a 2gb for a £10, i brought it as a back up, but my mother took it on holiday with her, and have not seen it since.

This intrigued me so I went to have a look as it sounds like a nifty back up... but I cannot see them for £10 anywhere. Where did you get it from? I've looked on most of the major websites but they seem to like selling them for closer to £40 than £10

This intrigued me so I went to have a look as it sounds like a nifty back up... but I cannot see them for £10 anywhere. Where did you get it from? I've looked on most of the major websites but they seem to like selling them for closer to £40 than £10
Hm, I was definitely seeing Zen Stones for about £10 on amazon a week ago, now I can't find any that cheap, seems like a mistake to have them at £40 since they're pretty out of date now (although still very good).

According to HUKD you can still pick them up for a tenner in a few highstreet locations, including Blockbusters, Morrisons and Currys, but for some reason they've shot back up online.

I seee, thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look into it. Though I saw a 4GB player with radio by Wharfdale on the Argos site the other day, only £20, but it's got real hit and miss reviews, some people love it and had it for ages, some people say it's massively shit and it broke in no time at all, so I'm still consdering options...

I got a Sony Ericsson w200i (Pay As You Go) from Orange for £20, although I'm not sure if it's still that price or still there.

It's a basic phone, but it's got a decent MP3 player (you'll need to spend around £10 on a 2GB card) built-in.

Edit: If you're interested:

w200i on Orange eBay (Currently £15 - £22)

2GB Memory Card - £6.

Edited by Cube

Ebuyer tends to have a nice range of never heard of that make before mp3/pm players might find what your looking for: Mp3 Mp4 and MP5 players??

What the hack is an Mp5

Nevermind: Mp5 players are essentially an advanced version of portable digital media player that do more than just playing music files. With the phenomenal shift in the portable multimedia technology every year, it has become extremely essential for you to keep updating your portable digital music player in order to synchronize itself with the latest technology. The new mp5 technology has been developed taking the technological transformation into consideration. For instance, could your existing mp3 or mp4 player take advantage of a Bluetooth or Wi-fi technology revolution of tomorrow?