NEurope

If it doesn't age our players I'm in would be a laugh, if it does I really am against one Id hate my players to lose a whole seasons worth of play on a cup.

Not true. You can still have friendlies with the other knockouts if you fancy, just like the people participating :heh:

Yeah, but I'd rather play six league matches. If the cup can be done in five rounds then why can't it be done over five weeks during a league?

Yeah, but I'd rather play six league matches. If the cup can be done in five rounds then why can't it be done over five weeks during a league?

This is true although its awkward how it will be worked out. The thing with friendlys is who cares? No exp, plus who plays a proper team or god forbid puts down win bonuses.

A madman that's who!

A combo of a cup that doesn't take to long with the league, with the league reverting back to normal twice a week fixtures once the cup is done would be pretty awesome.

A combo of a cup that doesn't take to long with the league, with the league reverting back to normal twice a week fixtures once the cup is done would be pretty awesome.

Not possible. The league would take forever with just one match a week, the other match day would be for the cup until you were knocked out or for friendlies.

There is one other option. A VIP league can have a cup and a two-matches-per-week league running side by side. We'd play on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday ... but everyone would have to buy VIP, and we struggle as it is to fill the league spots with noobs.

Is there a bug or something on the site which sometimes resets your tactics for a match back to default? It seems to have happened to me a few times now, did it again yesterday in the MSE league but I was lucky enough to still win.

"The club received a talent from the youth team 23 days ago"

Anyone else had ages between last youth talent?

How do you find that out??

:EDIT:

No bother, i found it. My last was 17 days ago.

I don't think you get any when the transfers are closed.

I don't think you get any when the transfers are closed.

This is true. That's why there is generally a rush of youth intake at the start of a season.

So wait - if you have a cup + league season, you still only get one game a week even when the cup's over?

So wait - if you have a cup + league season, you still only get one game a week even when the cup's over?

Yes indeed, unfortunately.

Yes. That's why it is lame. You can fit in another cup, but if you get knocked out early again, then it's lame ... again.

I guess if it was to be done 2 cups would deffo be the way to go. Tough call I would quite like the cup to come back it spices things up but I understand why people dislike it.

That really is sickeningly lame. Two cups in one season could theoretically be good... but pointless. I guess having a cup pre-season is the best way of having a cup if we have to have one. There's only one team I know I can't beat ever, and that was the O3's :P So I'd be confident enough to at least draw my way through. MWAHAHAHWHAWAIIOOO!

That really is sickeningly lame. Two cups in one season could theoretically be good... but pointless. I guess having a cup pre-season is the best way of having a cup if we have to have one. There's only one team I know I can't beat ever, and that was the O3's :P So I'd be confident enough to at least draw my way through. MWAHAHAHWHAWAIIOOO!

Is it really that bad? 1 a week isn't that lame and imo is less lame than ageing players for 1 cup.

Fear

premier-league-badge.gif

Roostophe Rovers 2-0 Essex Elites

Rovers eased towards the title and increased panic stricken Elites fears of relegation as they beat them with ease. Both teams played a conventional 4-4-2 but the Elites of the first half of the season were gone and lacked much of a punch. Rovers were in excellent form in all areas of the pitch. Mazzoleni jinked in a beauty of a cross for Grover to head in after 5 minutes putting Rovers ahead. Hapgood the new Rovers defender who has frankly never performed beyond his abilities silenced some critics as he set up the 2nd goal for Grabinski to nudge in. Rovers are now a win away from winning their first ever Primer League Title. It must be said they have been a force to be reckoned with in nearly all of their games and you wouldn't bet against them winning from here. As for the Elites they now have one match to stay up as they battle the Blades in a do or die match, as they continue to plummet from league leaders to relegation battlers.

Dysonism F.C 3-2 Haden United

These two clubs have probably had the most thrilling pair of games of any of the teams this season in any league. Dysonism pulled off a heroic win against a resolute United, to keep themselves in the Premier League for another season and ended United's title hopes. Both teams played 4-4-2 but it was United the away team who struck first as Headon broke away from the Dysonism defense to hit in a great opener. Veteran Stenholm hit back for Dysonism scoring the 22nd goal of his long career to make it 1-1, however Headon who the manager recently criticized for a lack of goals hit in a screamer to give United the lead again. It was for another striker to steal the day though, as Twigg firstly equalized with a diving header then hit a last gasp volley to give Dysonism a dramatic win. The goal could well have saved them from relegation and sent the home crowd into rapture. A great game and we will look forward to more from these two sides next season, who will carry on their battle after finishing 6-6 overall after their two incredible games.

Cubic County 1-2 The Sixty Fourthers

In a tight match newly named Cubic County lost out to a well disciplined 64s squad. Young talent Osman scored his 4th of the season as he headed the 64s into the lead after 7 minutes. However County rather than falling apart held steadfast and Gould enjoying some space curled the ball into the top right hand corner of the net to level the scores. As the 2nd half resumed the game tightened up and the 64s began chasing the game earning themselves 3 yellow cards while they were at it. It seemed destined to be a draw until Collins slid towards an incoming free kick (taken by the 64s goalie) and hit it into the net to stop Roostophe Rovers from winning the Premier league. The 64s have to pray County are equally tough against the Rovers if they still aspire to be champions. County did themselves proud especially young talent like McGargle, will be a team to be feared next season.

Emo Blades 1-3 Secret United

United scored a famous victory to ensure at least one promoted side will stay up as they beat Blades, who now find themselves in dire trouble. Uniteds midfield played with superb calmness and flair creating 6 chances to the Blades 4. Rafaelinho hit a scorcher to put United in the lead as the famous Blades defense seemed to be shaken. United pounced with Brusling and Noel setting up two goals for the impressive Heinze. Both were short range shots but were taken with great precision, near the end of the match Derbyshire of United was sent off for a reckless tackle and the Blades took advantage of this as Shannonbridge scored a consolation goal. However it was to little to late, United have deservedly stayed up. And now the two teams who have been in free fall mode Blades and the Elites will face off to see who will go down.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Emo Blades 1-3 Secret United, United become the first promoted club to secure promotion, if the Elites just draw against the Blades the will be the 2nd.

Turned on the Style Award: Dysonism F.C, came out with some real flair and attacking spirit to beat a highly determined United side in the conclusion to a great pair of matches.

Player of the Day: Osman Qorbani, The Sixty Fourthers, did well in goal and set up the winning goal to keep the 64s in the title race.

0,,10794~3737451,00.gif

Noodle FC 1-2 Happenstance FC

Noodle FC playing a youth filled squad fell out of the promotion zone as they lost to title chasing Happenstance. Both teams played 4-4-2 and neither could make a break through in what turned out to be a brutal 73 minutes before the first goal. 6 yellow cards were handed out and Spajic was hurt and substituted for Burbage in the Happenstance midfield. Legend Burbage made an impact as on 73 minutes he headed in a goal that went in off the bar. Another veteran Edwards made it 2-0 after 2 mins of extra time, Noodle FC hit back a minute later as Barros struck one in. However obviously by then it was to late and Noodles earlier lack of bite had cost them. The victory for Happenstance means the title race will go down to the wire and Noodle will now have to hope Happenstance does them a favor against promotion rivals MadDog who they have fallen behind thanks to this result.

Made of Win 0-1 Edd Kirby Athletic

Athletic virtually sealed their league status with a victory against Made of Win. Playing 4-3-3 Athletic balanced their inspirational defensive performance with an attacking force that while not incredible, was one that got the job done. With Luis having the game of a lifetime stopping all Made of Win attacks Athletic counter attacked with 6 chances. One of these caused a mistake which gave Athletic a penalty. The Captain Hill stepped up for the most important kick of his life, he faked hitting it left and blasted it into the center as the Made of Win goalie fell over trying to re-balance. Athletic never looked like loosing their lead and while the rest of the match was a brutal one with 4 injuries. Athletic fans can barring a miracle look forward to playing championship football next season, while Made of Win are now surely relegated.

MadDog United 2-0 Soap Box Utd

MadDog United ascended to promotion zone status as they scored a win over Soap Box Utd. However it wasn't plain sailing, while MadDogs defense was impressive their midfield and attack was less so. As the team only produced 3 chances in the entire match. The home crowd had to wait until the 80th minute for a goal as Murray headed in his 14th goal for United. However as some old saying about waiting for buses goes, another goal came along a minute later. Naranjo broke away from a sluggish Soap Box defense and burst into the box to slot home the 2nd goal and finish off the match. MadDog now have their fate in their hands but face a tricky away game to Happenstance that they have to win to seal promotion, they deserve it if they pull it off.

Party at Richters 0-6 Silverdale FC

Silverdale FC do not forget are still the darkest of horses to qualify for promotion. They did themselves a big favor against Party at Richters who they thumped 6-0 improving their goal difference massively. Sidwell scored a hat-trick bringing his total this season to 9, with Riley and Charbonnel scoring the other goals. Silverdale looked impressive but they will need everything to go in their favour to be promoted. MadDog United will have to draw or lose and they will have to beat Tin Can Club away by a greater goal difference than Noodle FC can beat Made of Win at home. Still weird things happen, whatever the case Silverdale have done themselves proud this season.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Noodle FC 1-2 Happenstance FC, Happenstance keep their title hopes alive while dumping Noodle out of the promotion zone.

Turned on the Style Award: Silverdale FC, great play a privilege to watch this team on the attack.

Player of the Day: Shaun Burbage, Happenstanec FC, change the complexion of the game as soon as he stepped onto the pitch.

Ok quick message. Tomorrow the league is over! The last report will hopefully roll in this weekend. I have a special surprise for everyone to accompany my last report. If you could keep your eyes on this thread on Sunday (especially if you have been doing well in my reports!) then a few people will be able to participate in the ultimate game! The end of season report award bonanza with secret prizes!

Arg! 90 mins to go! It's almost as if the match has started!

... Yeah. Melodrama :P Jimbob; I'm uncertain about what to 'do' with my team just yet. It depends on my change report, really. My team isn't getting stronger as such, instead I'm replacing my 30+ 7 skill players with 20-25 7 skill players, so on paper I'm expecting to still be a weaker team in the top tier, but hoping that, give it a few seasons, I'll really start to cause trouble.

I'd say your 30 year old keeper really is simply a waste of space. You could pick up a 3-skill 17 year old for way less than half a mill, so definitely look into it. I'd also say you don't need 8 defenders. Sack your 28 5-skill dude, and unless you get a beast and sack another space-taker, don't bother replacing him. Sack your 32 4-skill midfielder, too. If you never play them and if they're over the hill, then why keep them!

er... yah! Good luck to everyone, except the bastards i want to lose in my league.

I've already sacked my 30 yr old Goalie. As soon as the Transfer Window is open in 77 hours or so (probably Monday now) i shall be spending some money in re-doing my squad with new players. A new Goalie and Defender are definitely on the cards and i could do with a new midfielder as well.

Gallagher should be leaving soon.

At present, my team is low on players after the sackings/retirements. Won't be available for friendlies until at least Wednesday.

Can't wait till tomorrow :)

Just hope i can pull out a win *Crosses fingers*

Looking forward to see what Haden has up his sleeve also ;)

The last and deciding match for the season.

I'm all gitty.

Can't wait till tomorrow :)

Just hope i can pull out a win *Crosses fingers*

Looking forward to see what Haden has up his sleeve also ;)

Give him hell boy! :heh:

18 weeks for a season... by the time it's over we'll have long forgotten about the cup :P If we had a cup first, then a season, it would be done quicker, right?

*is horrified that he's up before teh game*

18 weeks for a season... by the time it's over we'll have long forgotten about the cup :P If we had a cup first, then a season, it would be done quicker, right?

*is horrified that he's up before teh game*

Yeah. Friendly cup + regular league = 2.5 + 9 = 11.5 weeks

Cup + League together = 18 weeks

An extra 1.5 months. My vote/opinion is against a cup and league together as a season.

Ditto on that. I figure two and a half weeks is alright. I'l aim to get to the quarters :P Kinda looking forward to it now!

Oh god the pressure!

*checks result*

HAHA! Fuck yeah I won the league!

All thanks to Maddog drawing against Happenstance.

Who the frig dirty tricked my team? Did they do it TWICE?

Ah, what the fuck does it matter?

CHAMPEONES! CHAMPEONES!

OLE OLE OLE!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: :bouncy: