NEurope

I am sorting out teh midfield. You just sort out teh user title and we'll say no more.

The season hasn't even started, yet i'm sure i see

MiuMiu%2057528%20Red%20Handbags.jpgs

:p

I tried to change his title the day it happened, but I don't have the user privileges. Plus I had no clue what to change it to!

I tried to change his title the day it happened, but I don't have the user privileges. Plus I had no clue what to change it to!

"Xpert11 Noob"

Friendly Cup Thing!

The balls were drawn out of the bags earlier (with no heating technology in place - honest :heh:) and have thrown up some interesting results! Due to circumstances beyond our control, three teams are automatically put through to Round 2. The three teams chosen at random for this round are ReZ's Rabies, MadDog United and Battlestar Odwinica. With that in mind, here are your first matches of the N-E Friendly Cup 2009.

Soap Box Utd vs The Sixty Forthers

Made of win vs Adorable Vikings

Mcoys Sons vs Silverdale Hotpot

Cubic County vs Tin Can Club

Dysonism FC vs Jaffa Munchers

Mike Strikes vs Noodle FC

Recall United vs DuDs Baggies

Complete Domstercool vs Secret United

Tellstorm vs Edd Kirby

Happenstance FC vs Essex Elites

Haden United vs Party at Richters

Roostophe Rovers vs Emo Blades

Teams shown to be playing at home are to play at home and thus send the friendly request. Matches are to be played this coming Friday at usual match time. Please post in the thread if either a request is not sent, or if a request is not accepted and I'll try and sort it out. If you're playing a home match, it would be worth PMing the away opponent to let them know of the tie.

I'd love to add more but I have work in the morning and I'm late to bed as it is! I'll elaborate on any questions you may or may not have next time I'm on. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Dyson

Serious Questions;

- if it's a draw, what happens? Even if one team draws in one round it means the finalé is put back a round. I plan on drawing everything ever.. soo...

- why are 3 teams given byes when there's only 12 teams going through? that means there'll be 15 teams in teh next round, meaning a team will get a bye next time. How will you ensure no team gets a bye twice? Why not only put one team as a bye (is it just 'by'?) then next round is 7 vs 7, then the next round is 3 vs 3 with one bye, then the next round is semi's... That means only one team gets a bye (BY!) rather than two teams.

- Can we see the cup 'route'? See who we are likely to face in the future, rather than have to wait for teh draw each time?

I am sorting out teh midfield. You just sort out teh user title and we'll say no more.

User title sorted.

From my work's league:

[Rules]

Pre-Season Cup Competition

The inaugral "Adelphi Tournament" will commence on Monday (19/10).

The draw for the preliminary round will take place tomorrow giving sufficient time for the games to be arranged. There will be 4 of these matches with the 12 teams who do not get drawn receiving a 'bye' into Round 1 proper. There is no seeding.

Details:

* All matches are one-leg, straight knock out.

* In the event of a draw the following criteria will apply:

First of all the number of chances will be taken into consideration; the team creating more chances will go through (to aid attacking football).

If chances are tied then away goals will count double. If it's 0-0 then the amount of possession will be taken into consideration.

If teams still can't be separated then both managers will take part in bare knuckle fighting til the death. Or we spin a coin. Your choice.

* If a manager fails to arrange a game or confirm a game then he will be knocked out. Or at least his team will be.

* The draw for the following round will take place on the same day.

* Season 17 will start the matchday immediately following the Tournament Final.

Any questions, complaints or indeed compliments can be sent to me.

We have 27 teams. That means 5 match days are needed.

[/Rules]

27: 24 teams play, 3 teams get a bye

15: 14 teams play, 1 team gets a bye

8: 8 teams play

4: 4 teams play

2: 2 teams play

Here is how we've worked it at work.

A work colleague just suggested a better structure for our cup. If we have eleven matches on the first day, five teams getting a bye, then we'd have 16 teams in the next round. Traditional cup structure after that. So ... if you cancel one match Dyson (or the result of it) then it'll all be dandy.

Kudos for the cup Dyson looking sweet. Is it over two legs?

So heres a question.

Are we going to try any recruitment at all? As we have so many high powered hitters mods, admins, writers and Rez. Could we not just make a thread in Gen Chit Chat? I realise this is against the rules but I really see it as the only way we are going to get the people we need.

I mean for example my cup match is against Evil. I assume I will be getting through without a match as he last logged in in August. August!

Mike Strikes and Tellstorm also look like deadman teams.

So that means we only need 3 if we got extras then bigger leagues are hardly a bad thing but I think 3 is probably what wed get anyway.

Edited by Haden

(Also I think the teams getting the byes should be the winners of each league. Not just because I'm playing the champ [i've beaten him before!] but because it seems more rewarding)

Had a successful bid on the Goalkeeper as well now.

I'm looking forward to the cup, some nice match-ups in there.

Just checking.. when you say the games are to be played this coming friday, are we talking friday as in tomorrow??

Final Report coming this weekend btw. Realise noone will care by now but I just want to do it to complete the set in some sick OCD manner!

Hi Lads, I need to drop out for the next season and come back for season 12. Just won't be around as much as I've got loads of work based travelling to do and wifi ain't cheap so I'll probably avoid it. If its easier I could vanish for good and sign up with another team at a later date or someone could take on the shambles that is Made of Win.

I seriously want a new team for the next season. Can someone guide me through it? I tried to leave as a manager but I'm forced to stay as a manager for the same team as soon as I enter the league code saying I already have a team in the league.

^ Odwin did this last season. I think he resigned from his old team and created a second profile to take charge of that team, and he was then able to create his new team. Then his old team was deleted. It was something like that.

^ Odwin did this last season. I think he resigned from his old team and created a second profile to take charge of that team, and he was then able to create his new team. Then his old team was deleted. It was something like that.

Yeah, do this. Just create a new user.

Oh, fuck off.

Yeah, I thought that was quite a funny matchup :heh:

Serious Questions;

- if it's a draw, what happens? Even if one team draws in one round it means the finalé is put back a round. I plan on drawing everything ever.. soo...

I'll go with the amount of chances multiplied by possession for the match.

- why are 3 teams given byes when there's only 12 teams going through? that means there'll be 15 teams in teh next round, meaning a team will get a bye next time. How will you ensure no team gets a bye twice? Why not only put one team as a bye (is it just 'by'?) then next round is 7 vs 7, then the next round is 3 vs 3 with one bye, then the next round is semi's... That means only one team gets a bye (BY!) rather than two teams.

I spent a while trying to get the ideal setup for the cup, I think this one is the best way to do it. Plus it's started now so shush. :heh:

- Can we see the cup 'route'? See who we are likely to face in the future, rather than have to wait for teh draw each time?

Next rounds are also gonna be selected randomly as these ones were. Seems the fairest way to do it.

A work colleague just suggested a better structure for our cup. If we have eleven matches on the first day, five teams getting a bye, then we'd have 16 teams in the next round. Traditional cup structure after that. So ... if you cancel one match Dyson (or the result of it) then it'll all be dandy.

It's a nice idea, but I've already got the structure sorted now and the matches should hopefully have been arranged as such. For the next cup however, I'll take another look at the byes and see what works best.

Kudos for the cup Dyson looking sweet. Is it over two legs?

Nope; single leg matches I'm afraid!

Are we going to try any recruitment at all? As we have so many high powered hitters mods, admins, writers and Rez. Could we not just make a thread in Gen Chit Chat? I realise this is against the rules but I really see it as the only way we are going to get the people we need.

We've not really seen any interest anywhere. The best way to do it is to talk to people you think might be interested instead of a thread in gen chit chat. I'm surprised Flink hasn't gotten in on this personally!

(Also I think the teams getting the byes should be the winners of each league. Not just because I'm playing the champ [i've beaten him before!] but because it seems more rewarding)

Whilst it'd make the winning of ze league seem more realistic as well as more rewarding, this way seems fairest.

Just checking.. when you say the games are to be played this coming friday, are we talking friday as in tomorrow??

Yes indeed!

I suppose if it's a draw then that's the fairest way of deciding it, to avoid return-legs. Also means I'm fucked as I tend to get draws on teh end of a defense battering :P

Still! Tactics are set. I am priming myself for three weeks of nothing.

I've set what tactics i can, but i'm still waiting for Recall to send their friendly request.

If it doesn't come through, as I said, you'll be put through to the next round. It's the responsibility of the home team to send the invites.

Between seasons I would send a billion PMs asking for people to join the league. There'll be no interest until you do that Dyson.