NEurope

It looks like I'm Gaggle's only hope for winning.

If Gaggle wins, then Villan needs a win - a draw wouldn't be good enough.

Just kidding best man win and all that. Thing is of course the training either one of you could get done down in the middle league will be great.

I think the middle league is far from a walk-over! I think every week would offer a solid scarefest. My heart may not last!

Damnit, looks like I may be going down. Luckily my strikers are all in good form now >_> Shame they haven't for last few weeks. Not sure whether to go for the win or not. Tough.

Either way Jay, its going to be nail biting come friday! I have a lecture at 12-1. I'm going to thinking about it the whole time. Who can text me?

I think my team's form has gone, and am close to just ensuring good average form -- but I'm sure it's really only fair if I play my strongest side, so you can confidently say you deserve to stay up!

I think I've got work 10-4, and I may well just log on after work, like big H... Might be soul-destroying :P I'm more interested in the change report at the moment!

Awesome; I'm guaranteed to be staying up next season which is nice. Another round in the top flight should be fun.

All Emo's gotta do is win to stay up. We shall see how it pans out!

And as for the title race, I'm glad that I'll be affecting the outcome one way or another! I'm tempted to dirty trick Villan just because :wink:

I was tempted to dirty trick Odwin earlier, as i've never used them before and i need him to lose to stand any chance of nicking the title.

Decided against it in the end. I'll just leave it to chance.

How many people use the dirty tricks and how often do you use them? are they worth using??

Just curious.. i don't really know anything about them.

Back in Season 2 or 3 I would use them all the time. I sold one of my youth players for 20 million so had loads of disposable income at the time and not much sense :heh:

They're quite effective if they strike. I haven't used any for quite some time simply because they cost so much, but back when I had loads of cash I was doing it every other week.

20 million :o

I'm always borderline skint. I've got a couple of million at the moment after winning the pools and not needing to do much form training recently; I thought i was doing pretty good for cash :grin:

I think i'm going to keep my econs for the start of next season, hopefully 2nd spot will still result in a promotion despite managers dropping out.

I'll definately keep dirty tricks in mind for the future though :)

I've really enjoyed this season with the constant battle between Odwin, Mcoy and myself. Friday's finale should be a great end to the season in the lower league.

:EDIT:

I've just got me a team in the Major League. I don't know much about it, i asked for a new team but instead got given an already existing one. They're called FC. Porto. A name change will be in order when the season ends. (i'm thinking something West Brom orientated)

I was thinking of just seeing how the rest of this season goes, then after the change report doing a bit of restructuring..? is that wise or should i be looking at making changes straight from the off??

Everyone's form is a bit shit atm which is to be expected i suppose considering they had no manager, and there seem to be some fairly old + shit players. Also all the good players appear to be knocking on in years.

Looks like i've got my work cut out :( oh well :grin:

Edited by DuD

Back in Season 2 or 3 I would use them all the time. I sold one of my youth players for 20 million so had loads of disposable income at the time and not much sense :heh:

They're quite effective if they strike. I haven't used any for quite some time simply because they cost so much, but back when I had loads of cash I was doing it every other week.

The boy lies!

Is it possible to have a single cup that runs through all 3 divisions ? :)

That's something we had before and, quite frankly, was a failure.

We could only have one league game per week and, if we were still in it, a cup game. Having 11 teams in both leagues meant the season lasted for 22 smegging weeks. Far too long, because of the cup, and some people ended up not playing matches for a few weeks. We won't be doing that again. :hmm:

That's something we had before and, quite frankly, was a failure.

We could only have one league game per week and, if we were still in it, a cup game. Having 11 teams in both leagues meant the season lasted for 22 smegging weeks. Far too long, because of the cup, and some people ended up not playing matches for a few weeks. We won't be doing that again. :hmm:

Speak for yourself; nobody liked it because I dominated the cup. Both of them. Oh yes.

The only team to have ever won a League Cup, and the only team ever to do so. :grin:

Hm, now that I think about it, it'd be a good pre-season activity, instead of running straight in to a league we could have a cup after the end of the season. Assuming we got to have 2 cup matches a week, it'd probably be over pretty sharpish. If people are interested I'll look in to it. It's something I'd like to do..

I like the idea of a cup. Would hopefully give the smaller clubs a chance of a giantkilling :)

Speak for yourself; nobody liked it because I dominated the cup. Both of them. Oh yes.

The only team to have ever won a League Cup, and the only team ever to do so. :grin:

Hm, now that I think about it, it'd be a good pre-season activity, instead of running straight in to a league we could have a cup after the end of the season. Assuming we got to have 2 cup matches a week, it'd probably be over pretty sharpish. If people are interested I'll look in to it. It's something I'd like to do..

How would it work ageing wise? Say a team gets knocked out in round 1 and we literally just have the cup with no league is that them screwed for the season? Or can you set it so it will be a league that follows on from the cup and the cup has a minimal effect on exp like friendly.

Id personally enjoy having the cup back, however I would not like it to be a season where my players age a year just via the cup.

It would have to be done via friendlies. I'm in a work league where we are doing it too. In the morning i'll copy and paste the rules email/press release into here.

Can you not make it so that instead of having a solo league, you set it to have a solo cup running? Ye, it would mean ageing of players happens after the cup but...meh. Would be fun for the newer teams to have a pop at the bigshots :heh:

Bad decision

Repetition

Should you listen

Or let it go

football%20league%201.gif

Fridays catch up

DuDs Baggies 3-0 Jaffa Munchers

The Baggies kept their title hopes alive and all but secured promotion with a stirling win over the Munchers. The Baggies played 3-4-3 searching for goals against the 4-4-2 formation of the Munchers. The Baggies dominated possession and chances with 5 chances to 1 for the Munchers. 3 of their 4 midfield players either scored a goal or assisted in setting one up. However it was striker Elliot who was the star of the match. Firstly on the 40 minute match from way outside the box hit home a beauty of a long range shot to make it 2-0. Then in the 2nd half he lost his marker and dove outside the box down the wing to hit in a perfect cross that Bradding headed home. The Baggies now look to be sure of promotion as well as being dark horses for the title. As for the Munchers they seemed rather flat against an impressive Baggies.

Complete Domstercool 3-1 The Adorable Vikings

Domstercool kept their promotion hopes just alive against an improving Vikings. The match was closer than the scoreline suggests with possession and chances being nearly equal. Rodwell somehow found an angle to hit a goal in just before half time to put Domstercool in the lead. Sadly for the Vikings Markeng the youth midfielder tried to head a ball away but ended up hitting it into his own net. However the Vikings had more chances in the 2nd half and hit back with a breakaway converted by Grimnes who hit it through the goalies legs. The game was tense right until the bitter end when Barnes whipped in a freekick for Siddall to hit home. A good win for Domstercool but the Vikings are showing signs of improvement.

Recall United 0-2 Battlestar Odwinica

Odwinica notched up an important away win to keep themselves front runners in the title race against a non threatening United. While United played reasonably well in defense and midfield their attacking play was bordering on embarrassing. Odwinicas defense never looked like it was going to be tested severely. Odwinica had to wait until the 2nd half to score their first goal, which was a diving header by Oy from a looping Kingston cross. Once they scored they never looked like they were going to let their lead go. Both strikers Tate and Murray had superb games but it was Tate who got his name on the score sheet with an opportunistic lunge at a deflected corner. United need to start getting more from their strikers. This is however not a problem for Odwinica.

Mike Strikes FC 0-4 Mcoys Sons

Mcoys Sons kept their own title hopes in a healthy condition with a strong away win against the hopeless Mike Strikes FC. Playing 4-3-3 the Sons dominated possession as well as chances 8-1 and made good on half of the chances they got. Woozley was the player to look out for as he directed possession and threaded through a magnificent ball for Jevons to score a breakaway. Jevons had a good game as well, his goal was complimented by a great cross that he hit in for Harris to convert. The Sons keep the pressure up and look at no point like they are ready to give up their unbeaten run.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Complete Domstercool 3-1 The Adorable Vikings, good win for Domstercool keeps him just about in contention for promotion.

Turned on the Style Award: DuDs Baggies, clean clinical yet stylish performance against the respected Munchers.

Player of the Day: Preston Woozley, Mcoys Sons, A rock at the back and going forward a great representative of the talent at the Sons.

Tuesdays games

Battlestar Odwinica 4-1 Complete Domstercool

This was Domstercools last chance a loss here could spell an end to their promotion campaign and in the end it did. Not that things didn't start brightly for Domstercool, Whiteman broke away from the defence with the aid of a through ball from Muscat to score his 2nd goal of the season. However Odwinica regained control almost immediately eager to seek revenge on their defeat earlier in the season. Collin was inspired scoring a goal via a header minutes later then setting up Gialanze to make it 2-1. Odwinica poured forward creating 16 chances in the game and scored 2 more in the 2nd half, with the last one being another Collin to Gialanze combination. A great result for Odwinica who now are just a draw away (assuming the Baggies don't win by 8 goals) from a championship in their first season. Superb stuff, as for Domstercool the dream is over but they will be a tough and more streamlined team next season for newcomers to face.

Mcoys Sons 2-1 The Adorable Vikings

The Adorable Vikings nearly caused a shock that would have effectively ended the title race as they led the Sons for 74 minutes at the Sons home ground. Sordal with his first ever goal, made himself open during a corner kick, struck the ball fiercely which proceeded to smack against the post and go in. The Sons with 62% of possession looked dangerous and gained a penalty minutes later but this was missed by Deery who struck it wildly over the bar. More bad luck occurred for the Sons as their veteran keeper Hornby was injured reaching to punch a cross away, he will miss the Odwinica game. The Sons kept attacking with more chances and finally broke through when Gaye hit a shot for nothing while turning towards the goal that somehow went in. With their spirits deflated the Vikings struggled to hold the Sons back who got another 7 minutes later after Channon shot in a cross. In the end the Sons deserved to win but it was cruel justice for a battling Vikings.

Tellstorm 0-0 Recall United

A rather uninspired and niggly match between two teams that have failed to set Division 1 alight this season. Both teams played 4-4-2 and United had the better game having 59% possession and 3 chances to 1 for Tellstorm. Tellstorm lacked in midfield and attack and seemed to have no discipline earning 4 yellow cards. United were given 2 as well but seemed a more cohesive team. Both these teams will hopefully come back next season stronger. They have both had good victories against more impressive teams United beating Domstercool and Tellstorm defeating Jaffa Munchers. Tellstorm face Domstercool in their last match and will need to improve drastically to even get a draw.

Jaffa Munchers 5-0 Mike Strikes FC

The Munchers gained their first victory in 4 games as they defeated Mike Strikes FC. The result was never in doubt especially as Strikes had their keeper sent off injured with no replacement after a few minutes! Fariji was a rock in defense for the Munchers and also scored their first two goals! Geller also scored a couple his first being a breakaway slotted into an empty net and the second being a header from a superb cross. 5 goals were scored before the half was out and the Munchers seemed only to stop in the 2nd half because of concerns over injuries. The Munchers at one stage seemed to be a big promotion contender but could never gain a big win against a top side. However next season they will along with Domstercool surely be one of the teams to beat.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Battlestar Odwinica 4-1 Complete Domstercool, Odwinica look to be able to go on and win the title now, Domstercool will have to wait a season to be promoted.

Turned on the Style Award: Battlestar Odwinica 4-1 Complete Domstercool, 16 chances and 4 goals a display of supreme style.

Player of the Day: Peyton Collin, Battlestar Odwinica, creative and dangerous Collin summed up why Odwinica look like title winners.

I don't believe you can.

Thank god while a cup would be a laugh Id hate to have my players age for one especially with clubs being knocked out after two games.

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

I don't believe you can.

Unfortunately I won't be able to check until the end of the season. Boo! :heh:

From my work's league:

Pre-Season Cup Competition

The inaugral "Adelphi Tournament" will commence on Monday (19/10).

The draw for the preliminary round will take place tomorrow giving sufficient time for the games to be arranged. There will be 4 of these matches with the 12 teams who do not get drawn receiving a 'bye' into Round 1 proper. There is no seeding.

Details:

* All matches are one-leg, straight knock out.

* In the event of a draw the following criteria will apply:

First of all the number of chances will be taken into consideration; the team creating more chances will go through (to aid attacking football).

If chances are tied then away goals will count double. If it's 0-0 then the amount of possession will be taken into consideration.

If teams still can't be separated then both managers will take part in bare knuckle fighting til the death. Or we spin a coin. Your choice.

* If a manager fails to arrange a game or confirm a game then he will be knocked out. Or at least his team will be.

* The draw for the following round will take place on the same day.

* Season 17 will start the matchday immediately following the Tournament Final.

Any questions, complaints or indeed compliments can be sent to me.

We have 27 teams. That means 5 match days are needed.

27: 24 teams play, 3 teams get a bye

15: 14 teams play, 1 team gets a bye

8: 8 teams play

4: 4 teams play

2: 2 teams play

I'm guessing that the home team is the ones who requests the "frinedly", right?

SO a cup could theoretically take about two and a half weeks to complete, but half of the teams will effectively be sitting on their tod for two weeks once they're knocked out of the first round.

Dunno :P

Not true. You can still have friendlies with the other knockouts if you fancy, just like the people participating :heh:

So the cup won't age our players nor have much affect on form if done that way?

I quite like the idea of an end of season cup. It gives us newbies a chance to play some veterans. Also it'll give us more time to find new peoples won't it.