N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is because you are Zechs Merquise.

No, that's because I enjoy my Wii, what's more, I think D_prodigy is refering to you as the 'prick', because everytime anyone enjoys their Wii or points out why they might prefer it's controls (or any other facet) over that of the PS3/360 you feel the need to fly in and 'correct' them.

No I don't, I was pointing out that you may as well not bother telling us which version of anything you prefer. You're like a coin with a head on either side; biased and completely predictable. But less interesting.

No I don't, I was pointing out that you may as well not bother telling us which version of anything you prefer. You're like a coin with a head on either side; biased and completely predictable. But less interesting.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Well, that's why I come on a Wii forum, to discuss my likes and dislikes of all things Wii and Nintendo. It seems odd that as a blatent SONY fanboy you'd rush into a Wii forum to tell Wii gamers why they should like their Wiis less!

Well, that's why I come on a Wii forum, to discuss my likes and dislikes of all things Wii and Nintendo. It seems odd that as a blatent SONY fanboy you'd rush into a Wii forum to tell Wii gamers why they should like their Wiis less!

Just ignore him, he's not worth it.

• 1 month later...

I got this for Christmas thanks to my brother and got as far as 'Death From Above' in the campaign.. a mission I only attempted once but didn't enjoy at all. I was at it for a while and got to a point where I was looking round aimlessly to see what I was supposed to shoot next, but could not see anything. I scanned the area several times over looking for the answer :sad:

As for the rest of the game, it's not bad.. but I find myself almost being surplus to requirements a lot of the time :hmm: I go along with the rest of the squad to the destinations and then if I'm not quite sure what is going on, they seem to take care of it and we move on. That's an aspect I'm not so fond of, but I imagine it is my lack of experience with modern FPS games that is hampering me!

After loving Goldeneye (which I would predict to remain my favourite FPS forever :eek:) and throroughly enjoying Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube, I was never really able to get into or enjoy another FPS since :hmm: I guess it just isn't a genre that really satisfies me at the moment.. though I did quite like the original Red Steel when it came out : peace:

I got this for Christmas thanks to my brother and got as far as 'Death From Above' in the campaign.. a mission I only attempted once but didn't enjoy at all. I was at it for a while and got to a point where I was looking round aimlessly to see what I was supposed to shoot next, but could not see anything. I scanned the area several times over looking for the answer :sad:

As for the rest of the game, it's not bad.. but I find myself almost being surplus to requirements a lot of the time :hmm: I go along with the rest of the squad to the destinations and then if I'm not quite sure what is going on, they seem to take care of it and we move on. That's an aspect I'm not so fond of, but I imagine it is my lack of experience with modern FPS games that is hampering me!

After loving Goldeneye (which I would predict to remain my favourite FPS forever :eek:) and throroughly enjoying Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube, I was never really able to get into or enjoy another FPS since :hmm: I guess it just isn't a genre that really satisfies me at the moment.. though I did quite like the original Red Steel when it came out : peace:

Get online, the single player is good, but the online is great and where it's at! Try it, I got hooked :) can't wait for the next!

[..]

Which is really strange as it is by far the easiest mission, just a bit of a relax moment between the real FPS action. Simply blowing stuff up from the safe position of your AC-130.

The hardest thing is probably not shooting your allies by mistake, they're blinking but still.. Especially when you let the enemies get to close so you've got the blinking and non-blinking people mixed together. That's when you use the 25 mm gun. Or if there aren't too many of them, your allies actually will take care of them themselves. If you don't see enemies, don't worry, you don't have to do anything. Keep in mind where your allies are, and where they're going, then check the buildings ahead to see if there are enemies coming out. Fire the big gun, then switch to the 40 mm gun (the big gun has to reload), to kill any survivors, or to start blasting a new wave coming from another building. After a while, switch back to the 120 mm gun.

When your team is in the trucks, make sure to take out the enemies on the roof of the first building they will come across quickly. And the last bit, the car park, or what is it, if you don't take out the enemies quickly they will swarm your team, again, in that case switch to the 25 mm gun to take them out.

I actually find this a nice little diversion from the main action.. But for the love of the Gods, I can't handle an AC-130 when I play CoD6 multiplayer. Rather use the choppers instead.

Funny this topic gets bumped, I actually (re-)installed CoD4 2 days ago. Did the campaign in 1 go, and for the first time I played a lengthy session of multiplayer (never really did when I had it installed under Vista). Got myself to level 12 or so. Too bad the servers I could choose from all have there preferences, usually just playing one fan-favorite map. I guess on the Wii this isn't a problem, I assume you have something similar to IW.net going on? Anyway, I've seen plenty of Crash, so this decreased the already little value the stimulus pack had for me ;).

I'll definitely be playing some more, at least untill I get to level 55, but already I think I can positively say I prefer CoD6, despite its problems. It just feels more.. Fluid. I think I like the maps better in general too, but haven't seen all CoD4 has to offer.

Which is really strange as it is by far the easiest mission, just a bit of a relax moment between the real FPS action. Simply blowing stuff up from the safe position of your AC-130.

..yeh, like I said.. I only tried once :heh:

Even so, I was waiting around for ages for something to happen in the end.. and nothing was :hmm: At that point, I was frustrated and turned it off and haven't felt like returning to that level :sad: That's not to say, however, that I haven't felt the desire to get back to the game.. because I have!

As for online, I'll maybe have to give it a go with you guys some night.. give you all a few easy kills :red:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I still haven't finished the campaign, despite getting the game for Christmas from my brother :red:

It is, however, a game I dip into now and again to play in short bursts! The checkpoint system lends itself to that :indeed: I'd say I'm relatively near the end now and was actually planning on sticking it on before bed tonight for half an hour. I believe I am on 'Ultimatum'..