NEurope
Dyson

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

In WaW can you and someone/some people on your friend list play together in a random room (without just getting in the same one one by chance)?

^^

Yes, you can pause the game and select 'Invite friend', and if you're friend accepts he'll join the match in an instant.

Or you can all gather up before a match in a party/lobby before starting or joining a game.

^^

Yes, you can pause the game and select 'Invite friend', and if you're friend accepts he'll join the match in an instant.

Or you can all gather up before a match in a party/lobby before starting or joining a game.

Therefore, WaW's online destroys The Conduit's (as apparently it lacks this important feature).

Have i missed something. I'm sure The Conduit drops friends wishing to join you straight into games.

Have i missed something. I'm sure The Conduit drops friends wishing to join you straight into games.

I'm not sure that it does actually! I tried to join Welshgamer the other night and it wouldn't let me :(

Friends can join friends in matches. RARELY does it stuggle with this (in my experience) and you are being very selective if you don't remember WaW being a disaster with getting friends to play matches with each other - check the WaW online thread.

Personally, I think Conduit wees all over WaW; really wasn't a huge fan of it. As for this MW on the Wii, I'm still pretty peeved about it, I think it's cheap, lazy and a complete slap in the Wii's face... But if they add LOTS of new content then that will make it okay I guess. But we all know they won't!

As for this MW on the Wii, I'm still pretty peeved about it, I think it's cheap, lazy and a complete slap in the Wii's face... But if they add LOTS of new content then that will make it okay I guess. But we all know they won't!

I personally can't see how getting a 'remake' or 'port' will do in regards to sales. Sure, COD4 is considered a classic FPS and although I personally don't think it's as big a slap in the face of Wii owners as others may think, you only have to look at the other wii-makes to see that they hardly set the charts on fire. (No matter what their pedigree is. (Okami)).

After the success of COD5 on Wii I'm surprised that Activison/treyarch (or whoever is making the Wii versions these days) even bothered to remake Modern Warfare and didn't just go for Modern Warfare 2.

Mind you, the thought of playing on some of those brilliant Modern Warfare maps with pin-point IR precision is enough to make me feel like this will be at least somewhat enjoyable. The single-player was pretty good too - and if they actually make an effort to sort out some of the awful respawn points it could actually have a more finely-tuned single player experience than the original. *Hopes*

I just hope that online remains as strong as it was on PS3/360. Wii Speak is a must here. If multiplayer isn't enhanced in any way (all the maps and more perhaps?) this will be a total failure.

Therefore, WaW's online destroys The Conduit's (as apparently it lacks this important feature).

Not true, your friend can just join any random match, and you can follow him or her through. Did it just the other day.

The only reason you can't join them is if the match is full (You'll still get the "join" button on the "join friends" page however you'll get a "Game is Full" error when you try to connect. Or if your friend is playing a regional match and you live in a different region, you won't even get the button in this case.

Just seen the screenshots for this game and seriously it's amazing how they make it look worse than some GC games. The camo textures are hilariously bad.

looks ok, its only an early screenshot, the enviroments look decent enough and like all wii games they look best in motion,

Hmm... now that I'm prob gonna get a PS3 Slim, I think I'd go for the HD version. Sometimes graphics (and the atmosphere that comes with them) are worth more to a game than tighter controls.

I'll judge it when I play it and see it in motion. What's more, having played the HD version on the 360 I can say it doesn't look as good, but seriously, who expected it to?

The problem is you're trying to squeeze a game built on much more powerful architechture onto a less powerful system, which is a significant problems. The environments, the size of the levels and to a degree the gameplay would have been very different if it had been designed from the ground up with the Wii in mind.

I still take my hat off to Activision, at least they care enough to give the Wii a AAA third party title this Christmas.

I still take my hat off to Activision, at least they care enough to give the Wii a two year old AAA third party title this Christmas.

There we go. Fixed.

Hmm... now that I'm prob gonna get a PS3 Slim, I think I'd go for the HD version. Sometimes graphics (and the atmosphere that comes with them) are worth more to a game than tighter controls.

When they put an effort to make graphics like this, I can't blame you for looking somewhere for the graphics.

Quite honestly, I think Nintendo should tell Activision to take a long walk off a short pier, because its sad how much this will sell.

I was going to say "looks good for a Wii game", but then I realised that's a stupid statement. It looks rubbish compared to the PC or 360 version (never seen the PS3 one, but I'd hope it's better). If anyone squawks that it's an unfair comparison, they're the same generation, Nintendo shouldn't be so far below the curve in terms of graphical capability.

If you've been locked in a cabinet since this first came out, fair enough, buy it. If not, you're a fool to...

Quite honestly, I think Nintendo should tell Activision to take a long walk off a short pier, because its sad how much this will sell.

Activision wouldn't be remaking a 2 year old game for the Wii if Nintendo hadn't forgotten to up their console's power by any noticeable amount. They should be happy they're even bothering.

I was going to say "looks good for a Wii game", but then I realised that's a stupid statement. It looks rubbish compared to the PC or 360 version (never seen the PS3 one, but I'd hope it's better). If anyone squawks that it's an unfair comparison, they're the same generation, Nintendo shouldn't be so far below the curve in terms of graphical capability.

If you've been locked in a cabinet since this first came out, fair enough, buy it. If not, you're a fool to...

It doesn't! It looks worse than Delta Force 2! We've SEEN much better than this, there's proof, evidence and witnesses to better graphics than this on the Wii.

The paranoid in me almost believes that MS or Sony paid Activision to make this shit as it is just to degrade the console.

Activision wouldn't be remaking a 2 year old game for the Wii if Nintendo hadn't forgotten to up their console's power by any noticeable amount. They should be happy they're even bothering.

Yeah, this is clearly a huge service they're doing the console... Meo mentioned this when it was announced, the reason they're doing this is to take advantage of the huge marketing they're putting behind MW2. I wouldn't be surprised that after some months of release the devs behind came out saying "They gave us 6 months to put this together".

Edited by Shino
Automerged Doublepost

I don't get it. There was absolutely shit loads of stuff going on during this part of Resi 4 and it still looks fantastic...

Scale back the Wii version of COD4 and why can't it even look half as good?