N-Europe

WET

Hero-of-Time

I played the demo recently and I'm about as impressed as most people (so-so) so far with it. I've got Stranglehold and Eat Lead.. so I don't want to buy another samey type of game just right now. This game isn't on my Xmas list but maybe next years if it's really cheap.

I played the WET demo 2 days ago, hadn't heard of the game before that and only downloaded it cause I noticed Bethesda's name around it. Absolutely loved the demo, it was a fucking blast. Yeah, it's not a complex game, but it doesn't aim to be. It's a grindhouse game, it's meant to be shallow. And pretty fucking entertaining, I loved it anyway.

Yeah, it's getting ratings around the 5/6, but I don't care, what matters is that I loved the demo and had a real blast playing it, especially the chase scenario. it's all extremely tongue-in-cheek and fun.

Will have to try the Wolverine demo if people are recommending it. I've stayed clear of it till now, seemed like nothing special. I'll have to give it a go someday.

I was going to ask about this actually after seeing it advertised monday? Might have to give the demo a try.

defo give it a go, i guess its a love/hate thing, but im utterly addicted right now. nothing quite like an 87 kill combo.

the game features a shoot out while falling out of a plane. if you think that sounds stupid, dont buy it, if you think it sounds awsome, buy it.

I played a bit of the demo (didn't have time to finish it). It seems decent enough. It feels like a combination of Mirrors Edge and Red Steel, but better than either of them. Its not the sort of game I'd pay full price for, but I'll probably pick it up once I see it around $30.

It feels like a combination of Mirrors Edge and Red Steel, but better than either of them.
Wtf, not only does WET not resemble Mirror's Edge in any way, apart from the lead character being a female with dark hair, but it is less than half the game ME was! That was a spectacular looking, adventurous and unique title. This game is more like a combination of... Shadow the Hedgehog and Max Payne, but worse than both of them.

Got this yesterday. About half way through, just having done the free fall gun fight bit which was a nice change of pace. Yes, this game is flawed in many ways. Graphics and controls are the main flaws and personally I can overlook the graphical flaws because graphics aren't anything but some of the control issues do hamper movement through the levels, more so when not jumping/sliding through slo-mo which is rather strange.

But for all the game's flaws, it's not as bad as people are making it out to be (*looks at Shorty*). It never sets itself up as being a game of the year contender and it shows but it is what it is: mindless fun and if you can take it for that then you'll enjoy it. It's not something I'd recommend people go out and pay full price for because I wouldn't say its worth that (I got mine with store credit so I'm not fussed) but in a few weeks time, the price will have dropped and so I'd say give it a go then.

I'll be finished it tomorrow no doubt as it's not very lengthy from what I've played so far and other than some challenges and unlockable difficulties, there's little in the way of replayability. So, if there is someone who is thinking about the game and would like to have a go without paying for it, I'd be happy to lend it out from Monday/Tuesday onwards.

Wtf, not only does WET not resemble Mirror's Edge in any way, apart from the lead character being a female with dark hair, but it is less than half the game ME was! That was a spectacular looking, adventurous and unique title. This game is more like a combination of... Shadow the Hedgehog and Max Payne, but worse than both of them.

i think hes refering to the free running esc bits, which did kinda remind me of ME too. i HUGELY prefered WET to ME, i just found ME a nice idea badly executed.

Just finished it. The last few chapters are pretty short. I stick with my previous statement on the game though. It's fun if you go in with the right mindset and take it for what it is. If you can't do that, you'll hate it. It's flawed in many respects but I think many of those can be overlooked and some come as a result of the grindhouse style the developers have used and so it's kind of being used to poke fun at the action genre. Music/audio presentation through out was top notch. Ending... well I kinda knew that was gonna happen.

And like I said, if there's anyone curious about the game that wants a go on the final game, I'm now done with the 360 version so I'd be happy to lend it out to anyone that wants a go.